TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Pictures from Chungking Express
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Pictures, Audio/Video Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Pictures from Chungking Express

Chungking Express - one of my favourite movies ever!!! Even when I'm in bad mood, Chungking is stills be able to take me out of sadness and blows the new wind in my life.
Love Chungking so much. If I travel to Hong Kong, the place I can't miss will be Chungking Mansion. Thanks to Wong Kar Wai and the crew, cinema has a masterpiece. To me, it's a special feeling that I've ever enjoyed!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Same here Frances- CE is one of my fav films of all time. The film is very sensually Hong Kong.

Thanks for the pics- first time I've seen these. Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject:

Thank you Frances !
Watching these beautiful CE stills Smile ...... and recollecting..... I´m immediately longing for Hong Kong Sad Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Love the film, love your pics. Thanks, Frances! I see you're already an expert on using this site. Very Happy
PS, As shown by some of your pics, are you the 11111Frances on Weibo.com?
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject:

Thanks so much for your appreciation Very Happy. I collected them from many sources. Razz I love the Wong's movies, and Chungking Express may be one of the two most typical successes of Wong all over the world, the other is certainly world-famous In The Mood For Love . In Love As a Wong's addict, I feel so heartened whenever I "hunt for" his movie's photo. I love all of his works. But Chungking Express has its own taste that I can't find in others. Just the only one...that kind of feeling sunny

Chungking Express has always stimulated interest and inspired me to something new I'm looking for, maybe a "California" in everyone's dream. Very Happy
I turn to be obsessed with "California Dreaming" and "What a difference a day make" at the time Mr. 633 stepped into "Midnight Express"...How a wonderful movie...I think that even the Chungking Mansion's residents must also be surprised when watching this film. Perhaps they couldn't imagine that their usual town can become such a cinematic and attractive place on-screen. Very Happy
Quote:
I´m immediately longing for Hong Kong
Helga, you should be there in your previous visit Wink . OMG, I imagine that you were floating amongst the crowd in the "international area" like Chungking, such a wonderful feeling!!! flower
Quote:
I see you're already an expert on using this site.
PS, As shown by some of your pics, are you the 11111Frances on Weibo.com?
Yitian, I'm just amateur ^^. Maybe because I've been a regular reader of this site for a long time so...iam quite accustomed to its interface. Yeah, "11111Frances" is my weibo account. Very Happy You may visit me sometimes Very Happy.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject:

Hi "WKW-addict" Wink

As unconditional WKW fan, visiting "Chungking Mansions" was a "must see" - of course ! Smile A lot has changed there, since the shootings of "CE" (I guess no more flats). When we went there - last June, almost all of the "million" little shops inside (div. electronic stuff...herbs, tea, food... - most Indian) were closed unfortunately and we walked through some dark lonely corridors.....huuuuh Wink Outdoor - as contrast - the lively Nathan Road and TST-district....very stunningly and most impressive for me Smile)

Best regards -
Helga
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the LOVELY CE shots, Frances! Tony was such a dear, sweet lad in that movie - one of the nicest characters he's played. Gotta love that guy!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject:

A 2005 list:

CE is ranked as one of the "All-TIME 100 Movies" by Time Magazine critics Richard Corliss and Richard Schickel, since 1923—the beginning of TIME.

http://entertainment.time.com/2005/02/12/all-time-100-movies/slide/aguirre-the-wrath-of-god-1972/#chungking-express-1994#ixzz1ulje2xVp

The epitome and apotheosis of art-house romance in the 90s, Wong Kar-wai developed a style like no other director —though, as his renown grew beyond China, dozens tried. It is atmosphere used to create the most fleeting or lasting emotion, a mix of longing gazes, swirling cigarette smoke, double-printed slo-mo images and the Colony’s most gorgeous actors. Wong might have gone higher with the Eastern Western Ashes of Time, and deeper with that aching epic 2046, but we’ll choose the more lighthearted Chungking Express as an admirable starter set. It’s a set because the film tells two stories: one of young Takeshi Kaneshiro falling for ageless Brigitte Lin, the other pairing Hong Kong cop Tony Leung Chiu-wai with the elfin beauty Faye Wong. With his two essential collaborators, cinematographer Christopher Doyle and designer William Chang, Wong weaves a tapestry of longing and seduction that puts both the characters and the audience in the mood for love. The love story is a genre inexplicably ignored by both art-house and commercial directors. Isn’t it lovely, then, that Wong Kar-wai is always in that mood?

BTW, love your weibo site, Frances - unmistakenly yours with CE pictures on backgrand on every page. Very Happy You have a lot of picutures I haven't seen before. It would be really nice if you could share with us here at the Forum from time to time, since lots of our friends here have no excess to weibo site. Wink
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A lot has changed there, since the shootings of "CE" (I guess no more flats). When we went there - last June, almost all of the "million" little shops inside (div. electronic stuff...herbs, tea, food... - most Indian) were closed unfortunately and we walked through some dark lonely corridors.....huuuuh Outdoor - as contrast - the lively Nathan Road and TST-district....very stunningly and most impressive for me )
Thanks a lot for your wonderful information, Helga Very Happy. Time flies, 18 years passed like the wind. I always thirst for seeing how much Chungking changes by my own eyes. Surely I can't expect it remains the same as what we see in film but I still feel some kinds of lost emotions, sometimes... But my love for this place has never changed. I don't know why Very Happy .
Oh, after your description, I only want to set foot in there right now. Very Happy
Quote:
BTW, love your weibo site, Frances - unmistakenly yours with CE pictures on backgrand on every page. You have a lot of picutures I haven't seen before. It would be really nice if you could share with us here at the Forum from time to time, since lots of our friends here have no excess to weibo site.

Thank you for your appreciation Very Happy . Now Iam planning to bring more Tony's images on weibo to our "home" Very Happy . Hope to see you around in my next topic, yitian. Wink

P/s: I'm so happy to know you guys like these images flower . I'll try to looking for some more. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Frances Chan wrote:
Now I am planning to bring more Tony's images on weibo to our "home" Very Happy .

Eagerly waiting...... angel
Safran

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject:

...........me too Wink ....... angel angel
Frances Chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I've returned with a bunch of gorgeous gifs. Very Happy

Source: thanks to Tumblr Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Veeeery nice! Thank you, Frances!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject:

Frances Chan wrote:

This one is great, thanks Frances!
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Pictures, Audio/Video Files All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: