TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 5

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 5

June, 28 th - A day of extrems - and happy ending ?

Though eagerly awaiting the end - posssibly, I would like to invite you to accompany me trough this momorable crazy day – from morning on - with up´s and down´s -….to get a better impression of my state of mind - in the evening.

The day starts extreme humide - with heavy warm tropical rain . This morning no chance to reach our „Sweet Dynasty“ for breakfast.
So Eri, Anny, Masako and me decided to have a breakfast in the giant Shopping Arcade next to our hotel – to reach „indoor“ we read – somehow.
Short before shop hours , we „dissimilar 4“ are passing different stores with very astonished (though friendly) staff, cleaning personal and assistants..........and got somewhere helplessly lost in store decorations eventually ( I felt, as if we were in a funny „Marx-Brother´s“ film)
We had to ask somebody for the way - to find out of this labyrinth. We had a rich breakfast in a self service restaurant for various Asian specialities later.

Back in hotel – Eri managed the where and when to meet with Info and our fellows. Some of them had to depart already this afternoon – so we wanted to meet one more time.

We took the Metro for „Central“ . I /we carried our presents with us - me extremely „clever “ - in tropical rain : A paper-bag with some little-nothings for the departing fellows …...and a bottle of good Austrian red wine - for Tony. - „just in case“......if......maybe......

We met with Info and Yumi (?) at „Central Station“ - A short walk on the sidewalks – and I was wet – though umbrella....... „Lunchhour“ in rainy Central means: Crowds of hungry hurrying employees on the streets …and full restaurants. At „Three Sixty.“, a Shopping-Mall-Restaurant, we found a vacant table finally.
Thank mobile, Cisca and her two Indonesian travel-companions found us to join. They wanted to depart to Macao in the afternoon. Yumi, our well-travelled Japanese fellow fan (who joint some and when) had to depart today also. Hungry Info is having a lunch - and we all together chattering are waiting for news if and when we will get a chance still - to meet our idol – possibly. Time is getting short !
No news – no call- a last foto – and then it was time to say Good-bye to Yumi and Cisca – we all hoped to meet us here again some day.

What are we going to do now - in rain ? Visiting some more shooting locations of Tony-films – not so far away, here in Central ! -Info guided us to „typical“ older places......streets and neighbourhoods.......We most used the „Escalator“ - very long and roofed moving stairs - sometimes built very close to more or less shabby grey houses.....known from „Chungking Express“. Later - shame -I did not recognize the Bar with terrace of „Confessions of Pain“- (Tony and Takeshi talking together ) it looked much bigger in the movie. The „Old Police Station“ in colonial-style- often on camera in Cop-thrillers we also spoted.

Try to imagine : Our youngest, Info, as Guide - helpfully carrying my dissolved paper bag, my 4 caring Japanese friends - attentive looking where I am or waiting for me to close up.....and me, baroque-figured European „Oldie“, with camera and umbrella, busy shooting fotos ........
At a small lane with old stone-staircase (a shooting location of „Chungking Express“or „Infernal Affaires“ ? - I forgot ) …..I suddenly could not help crying – I am all run down. Totally exhausted , my hair soaked from sweat and rain.. Perhaps from exhaustion of the exciting and demanding last days.... or/and cause my stay was drawing to an end very soon........ Anyway: My sympathetic companions realized my situation and thankfully handled discreet.
I prefered to follow the band as last, calming myself down and did no longer activly notice my surrounding. Seems, as if my heart and mind already say Good bye to HK.

Info leads us to a high rise building and I was looking forward to a rest. We took the lift to the ?? floor – and entered a stylish Bar/Lounge again. The friendly staff did not notice our wet look ....and kindly took our wet umbrellas to store.
When I wanted to pass my damaged present bag too, Info and my friends busily mentioned: „Take it with you, you´ll need it probably". In this moment I abruptly awaked from my gloom - and became excited-anxious and confused at the same time – full of foreboding.
If I remember correct, a waiter and our HK fellow fans „A“ and „Marissa“ guided us to the last living room suite – passing some other guests in this bright and elegant Lounge.
I was not able to think clear or say anything......till someone carefully suggested to go to the washroom “cause Tony will arrive in about 20 minutes“ !!!........................................................

Sorry , dear fellows, but Tony´s appearance deserves a separat chapter -

…......................to be continued soon

Helga
Zeefje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Oh Helga, you're so good at cliffhangers (killing!) and I like your vivid descriptions very much...not hard at all to imagine how HK must be like...
A baroque-figured European "oldie", hmmm.... could we by any chance be twinsisters?
Thank you for sharing your precious memories with us..with the best probably yet to come....

Zeefje Birthday
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Very exciting! Thank you, Helga! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Thanks for another chapter of the adventure.

>I suddenly could not help crying �I am all run down. Totally exhausted , my hair soaked from sweat and rain.. Perhaps from exhaustion of the exciting and demanding last days.... or/and cause my stay was drawing to an end very soon........ Anyway: My sympathetic companions realized my situation and thankfully handled discreet.
I prefered to follow the band as last, calming myself down and did no longer activly notice my surrounding. Seems, as if my heart and mind already say Good bye to HK.

Now, I understood how you felt then. At that time, I couldn't figure out what exactly happened to you. I just thought "Whatever is the reason, we have to find somewhere you can have some rest".
So I was very happy to see your recovery after we settled down in the comfortable sofa with nice excitement and anticipation.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject:

NOOOOOOoooo....cliffhanger!!! Shocked
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject:

It's been one suspense after the other. This is torture heh...
First, The Grandmasters, then The Magician and now this- TL's guest appearance. This is exciting...

Thanks Helga Smile
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject:

hahaha Wink

Nice to see you participating my " HK-Memory-Tour" - do not worry, it won´t be long anymore Smile .....See you soon !
Helga
hamberger362

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks again. Smile Smile Smile
lishan627

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject:

Wow~ it sounds exciting Wink How I wish I could join you guys for a trip to HK =)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject:

Wonderful Post! Wished I could join u guys too! Can we organise another one next year pls? Very Happy
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: