TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Narrating

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eugehet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Narrating

Hi Everyone,
I'm in need of help writing a story more than 50 words.
It is actually an optional assignment for a course entry.

The story starts 'The man sat outside his house...'

I really have no idea how to start and end it. Can anyone help me with this?

Greatly Appreciate it!
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject:

Hello eugehet !

I am not good in english or writing but here some spontanous ideas to continue :

The man does not know how and why he came there - does not remember, feels groggy........ has a somehow strange feeling and is afraid to go back into his house......he suddenly sees a knife (or something else), laying beside himself.........what happened before ??.........(can be continued as a crime-story - or something very usual - or funny at least)

Wish you good ideas and some helpful tips from our fellow fans !
Safran
eugehet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject:

wow thanks!

It is very nice and creative.
eugehet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject:

Here's my contribution...

The man sat outside his house; his thoughts wandering away as if he was taken back in time.

A time when he was young; when he wished he could grow up and be somebody.

Now that he has gone through the baptism of life, he knows what holds in store for him.
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject:

Dear eugehet,

Your idea for the story sounds very promising and interesting - makes me curious -
mary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject:

Hi eugehet and Helga

Enjoyed your ideas for the story, you are both talented. Would love to see how they end, thank you for entertaining us.

This is probably too late but here's my idea for the story. I'm definately no writer so hope it doesn't sound too stupid, here goes anyway. It's all part of belonging to this great forum joining in on the fun, we don't have to be experts.

The man sat outside his house afraid to go in, taking refuge in his car for a few minutes more. The car they bought when first married they could barely afford it happy to do without other luxuries as this extravagence could accomodate a family. The car he drove their longed for child home, driving at a snails pace afraid of disturbing this sleeping angel. Husband and wife smiling from ear to ear eager to start this new adventure the future looked bright and happy. Memories of happier times flashed through his mind, he beat his fist in frustration repeatedly off the steering wheel til his knuckles bled. When did the magic start to fade, was it all his fault she had to accept some of the blame. How was he going to tell them....

Best wishes mary.
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject:

Hello Mary and eugehet!

You two and katwoman are imaginative and talented writers - should probably try a screenply for Tony - hihi ?
greetings Wink
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Hi Eughet,
am I late to join the fun?
'The man sat outside his house...'
... in the shadows of the last sun, he was dozing, and he had a crease along his face, like some sort of smile. And came an assassin, with childish big eyes, made enormous from fear, like the mirror of an adventure.
And he said to the old man, "Gimme some bread, I've got few time and I am too hungry, and some wine to boot, I'm thisty and I am an assassin".
The old man cracked open his eyes to the day, he didn't even turn to look around, but broked the bread and poured the wine to who said, "I'm thristy, I'm hungry".
It was the warmth of a moment, then back again toward the wind, in front of the eyes still the sun, at the back an old fisherman"
I don't think I respected the fifty words limit.
Bye
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
eugehet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject:

Hi guys, you all sure are very talented and creative. Perhaps one day we can make a screenplay together for Tony or something..

I have made another one based on the first

The man sat outside his house; his thoughts wandering away as if he was taken back in time.
Suddenly, the white flashes of light and the unexpected sound of clanging metals jolted him back to reality.
Looking up, he saw the most unimaginable sight ever….
eugehet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject:

Anywae I'm very interested to study film and Hong Kong is one of my option. Wondering if anybody is in this field of study or could give me some piece of advice???

Heard that Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts and Hong Kong Baptist University are 2 of the best film schools in Hong Kong and Asia. But HKBU seems a little expensive for me.
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Dear eugehet!

May I give you the advice to get in personal touch with the various Academies/Universities or schools for Filmmaking too.......to get serious first-hand-informations......and to visualise !

Wish you GOOD LUCK to realize your dream thumbleft
katwoman64

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject:

Hi dear,
I associate myself to Helga's best wishes.

About me, my whole life was filled with poetry and literature, startig age three, but the writing for cinema is a whole different matter, because it is a complementary thing to actions and images.

Whereas literature needs that you decribe most of the perceptions of the five senses: the color, the scents, the temperaure of the air, the sounds, tastes and most of all the feelings, all these things in visual arts are carried out by images. So this makes for a very different writing.

I Wish you to make your Dreams come True.
A Kiss
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: