TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

My Review of Infernal Affairs 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: My Review of Infernal Affairs 3

WARNING: Contains spoilers for not only the third, but also the ending of the first film. Do not read any further unless you have seen both.

Infernal Affairs III (2003)

An unsatisfactory sequel, from Alan Mak Siu Fai and Andrew Lau. Set 10 months after the death of Inspector Yan (Tony Leung), Infernal Affairs III continues the story of Inspector Lau (Andy Lau), depicting his marriage break down and dealings with unscrupulous colleague, Yeung (Leon Lai). There is also the risk of his deception being uncovered and Lau’s gradual descent into insanity. Compared to the thrilling first film, Infernal Affairs III is a massive disappointment. The storyline doesn’t grab the audience and meanders all the way through. The screenplay is incredibly boring and the timeline of events jumps all over the place, thus confusing the viewer. This completely lacks the panache of Infernal Affairs and feels like a blatant cash in. In addition to a weak script, the cast fare no better. This film wastes talented performers Leung (who barely has any screen time) and Lau (considering the whole story revolves around him). Kelly Chen (as Yan’s psychiatrist, Dr. Lee) gives the film’s worst performance and hams shamelessly. On a more positive note, Yan and Dr. Lee’s relationship (barely established in Infernal Affairs) is shown in more depth. Take my advice and just see the first film of the trilogy!

Eve’s Rating: 2/5
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: