TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

An Evening with Wong Kar-wai

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: An Evening with Wong Kar-wai

An Evening with Wong Kar-wai
Thursday, April 3, 7:00 p.m.

Wong Kar-wai, the Hong Kong director known for stylized cosmopolitan romances including In the Mood for Love, 2046, and Chungking Express, will discuss his career in an evening of conversation and clips from many of his films. One of the most influential contemporary directors, Wong makes impressionistic, evocative movies that capture the fleeting nature of time and love. The evening will include scenes from Wong’s latest film, My Blueberry Nights, an English-language romance set in New York City, starring Norah Jones, Jude Law, and Natalie Portman. The program will be moderated by Chief Curator David Schwartz. At The Times Center, 242 West 41st Street, Manhattan.

Special offer for Museum members only: Tickets are $10 if ordered by phone before March 27. Call 718.784.4520.
$17 for Museum and IFP members/Free for Sponsor-level members and above/$25 non-members. Order online or call 718.784.4520.

http://movingimage.us/site/screenings/pages/index_upcoming.html

(Anyone interested in going together? Let me know!)
Marie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject:

I wish I was going to be in New York for this. I was just watching 3 WKW pics in the past week--Days of Being Wild, Ashes of Time and Happy Together. Is there a firm release date for Blueberry Nights in the US yet? It keeps getting pushed back, which always makes me nervous.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: