TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Ang Lee's praise for Tony

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Su Li Zhen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Ang Lee's praise for Tony

I was very privileged to meet the great Ang Lee yesterday to discuss Lust, Caution.

Of course, the first thing I asked about was working with Tony. Amongst the things he said about him was, " a great actor is a great actor". And how Tony was "something else" in the movie. Lee mentioned he'd wanted to work with Tony for so long, and how Tony coped with Lee's "torture" of him.

I also spoke with Tang Wei as well ( - who is so stunningly beautiful and very sweet) and she mentioned how safe she felt doing difficult scenes with Ang and Tony.

I am trying to find a simple mp3 player, so I can upload the interview to a website (- any suggestions would be welcome.). I will let everyone know when it's ready to hear. I felt very lucky and grateful to have met such a brilliant and very nice man.

Cheers,
Jeannie
Info

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject:

Wow! You got to interview Ang Lee and Tang Wei. That's great. Thank you for sharing the interview with us.
Pungyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:

Su Li Zhen, thank you so much for sharing! Are you a reporter for a Western paper? Or Asian paper? What fun to meet these people face to face!

I'm not sure about uploading sound files to this website, but is there a way to upload elsewhere and give us the link? I thought that might be a possibility. Wink

-K

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ang Lee's praise for Tony

Su Li Zhen wrote:

I am trying to find a simple mp3 player, so I can upload the interview to a website (- any suggestions would be welcome.). I will let everyone know when it's ready to hear. I felt very lucky and grateful to have met such a brilliant and very nice man.

It was your lucky day!!! Smile It always makes people smile from within to have met brilliant and incredible people! It doesn't happen everyday--and that makes the experience so much more special. Have you thought of uploading it onto youtubes? Let us know how it goes. I have never tried it; thus, I cannot offer you any tips.

Good luck! I can't wait!!! Smile

Does anyone else have other suggestions?
Su Li Zhen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: My pleasure to share

Thank you for your kind words, Info, Pungyo, and news, I'm happy to share my happy day of Tony-related excitement.

I felt like I was so lucky to even be in the same room with such a brilliant artist as Ang Lee, and an lovely actress with tremendous things ahead of her, like Tang Wei. She's going to be Gong Li/Maggie Cheung huge if she decides to do more films.

I am a contributor to a couple of film review web sites. I have only recently begun to do interviews, so even more was the privilege of meeting Director Lee and Tang Wei. I'm still shocked I even got to ask any questions, much less the first question to Ang Lee (- about Tony, of course!). He was so gracious, I think he could see how nervous I was to even speak to him. Coincidentally, it was my birthday that day and I feel like I had the best present meeting them.

The film people knew how much coverage I'd given Lust, Caution on one site since Tony's name was mentioned as starring in it, and they were kind enough to include me. I think they knew I would never say bad things about anything Tony is in!

One of the websites I'm helping to build and get off the ground and that's what we are trying to put the audio interview up for. I think hearing the actual voice of the person is more exciting than just reading a transcribed interview. But, basically we are building from scratch ourselves (- and not tech-savvy) , so that's why we are looking for a player. I'm still searching for a way to post it to the site, but thank you for the suggestions.

Cheers,
Jeannie
Marie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: My pleasure to share

Hi Jeannie,

I'm not tech savvy either, but I have noticed that a number of sites with many sound files (like NPR.org) typically use RealAudio. I know this is a commercially available program and it works with any user computer platform (PC, Apple or Unix). That is not true of some of the Microsoft products, which won't work with Apple or Unix equipment and operating systems. With the explosion of the Iphone, I think you want to select a program that is compatible with Apple products. Hopefully you have someone assisting you with these IT questions who can advise you further.

Good luck,

Marie

Su Li Zhen wrote:
Thank you for your kind words, Info, Pungyo, and news, I'm happy to share my happy day of Tony-related excitement.

I felt like I was so lucky to even be in the same room with such a brilliant artist as Ang Lee, and an lovely actress with tremendous things ahead of her, like Tang Wei. She's going to be Gong Li/Maggie Cheung huge if she decides to do more films.

I am a contributor to a couple of film review web sites. I have only recently begun to do interviews, so even more was the privilege of meeting Director Lee and Tang Wei. I'm still shocked I even got to ask any questions, much less the first question to Ang Lee (- about Tony, of course!). He was so gracious, I think he could see how nervous I was to even speak to him. Coincidentally, it was my birthday that day and I feel like I had the best present meeting them.

The film people knew how much coverage I'd given Lust, Caution on one site since Tony's name was mentioned as starring in it, and they were kind enough to include me. I think they knew I would never say bad things about anything Tony is in!

One of the websites I'm helping to build and get off the ground and that's what we are trying to put the audio interview up for. I think hearing the actual voice of the person is more exciting than just reading a transcribed interview. But, basically we are building from scratch ourselves (- and not tech-savvy) , so that's why we are looking for a player. I'm still searching for a way to post it to the site, but thank you for the suggestions.

Cheers,
Jeannie
Su Li Zhen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Thank you, Marie!

Hi Marie,

Thank you so much for the great information. You're miles ahead of me with the computer literacy. This is a great suggestion and keeping the program Apple compatible is very wise. I will definitely look into RealAudio over the weekend. I'm so happy to have a lead. I hope I'll be able to play the interview for you soon.

Thanks again so much, Marie, and have a great weekend!Applause

Cheers,
Jeannie
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: