TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony winning Best Actor @ HK Film Awards for ITMFL

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Pictures, Audio/Video Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Tony winning Best Actor @ HK Film Awards for ITMFL

Tony winning Best Actor for In The Mood For Love at the Hong Kong Film Awards – presented by Leslie Cheung and Sylvia Chang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubD3FcN_3hg&NR=1

General Translation:

Leslie to Sylvia: “Are you nervous ?"

Sylvia: “I am nervous”

Leslie: “I am also nervous, I have worked with all the nominees – we’re all brothers” – Francis Ng, Tony Leung Ka Fai, Chow Yun Fat, Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Andy Lau

Sylvia: “Who do you hope to win ?”

Leslie: “Any one of them is fine . . . Chow Yun Fat hasn’t won in a while . . . “

Sylvia: “Who do you have the best relationship with in film ?”

Leslie: “. . . seems like it would be Tony . . . we’ve even kissed.” - (audience laughter)

They then see the winner’s name . . .

Leslie: “He promised me that he would do a certain "something" if he won, I wonder now if he’ll really do it . . . “

In his brief acceptance speech, Tony simply thanks Wong Kar Wai.

Last edited by summertime on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi
Thank you for translation

I uploaded the video Wink
hope you like all of them.
Info

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject:

Hey light,

Thanks for sharing all the videos. Tony Forest is a really nice forum, and I enjoy reading the discussion there a lot!
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject:

Hi light Smile

You're welcome Smile

Thank you very much for the video - you've got some real finds !
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the post.

I remember that very well. This brings me back the memory.

I was in HK with some other Tony's fans and in the moment Leslie said "Fa~" for the film's title in Chinese, we knew Tony got the award, so we all screamed, "Wa~, Tony!". Applause

Tony was a little drunk but very cute then.
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:

You're welcome Eri Smile

Wow - so you were actually at the award ceremony ?
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Hello summertime,

We were not at the ceremony, but we saw Tony before that.

I remember that one of the fans told Tony "I hope you can get this award", Tony replied "It doesn't matter whether I get it or not" (means he cannot control other people's decision, so it is not up to him).
So I just said "Good Luck ! Tony" and gave him a letter in which I wrote "You are the best actor for us with or without this title".

Then we went back to the near by hotel to watch the ceremony on TV.
(so we screamed in the hotel room. Embarassed )

Then as soon as we finished watching TV, we went to the official party venue, waited him to come out, and saw Tony surrounded by photographers at the lobby. This time, we couldn't go near Tony, so I shouted "Tony, you did it !", at that time Tony slowly turned back his face towards us and nodded with a smile in the middle of the big crowd.
I never forget that. Very Happy
nancix**

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Hello everyone!

That year, TONY was chased by many paparazzi about private things, and had very unpleasant time.
  And That year, Ang Lee brought in Hong Kong Film Awards his big budget movie"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" from Hollywood.(But is this Hongkong Movie?? that time, I felt strangely)
People rumored that it was a man-to-man fight of Wong Kar-Wai with Ang Lee...equal, Hongkong local well-made movie VS foreign-financed big budget chinese movie.
This mood put TONY under pressure, I guess.

Tony received an interview several days before the ceremony. He talked with a look of anxiety: "I will take pocketable bottle 二鍋頭(Chinese distilled liquor) in this ceremony".
I'm beside myself with worry about this comment. This Chinese liquor is very strong. alcohol concentration(proof) is 56!!!

Japanese male loses the self-control mind often drinking, and they does a lot of failures. What will the movie people and TV audiense think of TONY, if TONY make a bad break? I think, Leslie and some TONY's friends worried TONY too.
At after ceremony, Some journalist in Hong Kong reproved "Drunken movie emperor". But Chow Yun-fat also spoke protecting Tony. And director Ang Lee kept in touch with TONY after this ceremony. Nothing succeeds like success!

Looking back today, "Drunken Angel TONY" is handed down as a funny episode..And, the light kiss by Leslie's friendship, warms my mind..Variety is the spice of life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi Eri,

That's so nice that you guys got to talk to Tony on the big night - that would be an unforgettable experience Smile

Hi nancix**,

Were you in Hong Kong as well at the time ?
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Hi, summertime and nancix

I think HK newspapers are only interested in making fun of people, so I don't believe them much.

Tony was very happy before (when we met Tony at the place near Jettone) and after the ceremony. Perhaps he was very tensed at the ceremony, but it is natural feeling for anyone, and when he received the award, he couldn't say much because he was too emotional to make a speach.
I am sure WKW understood how Tony felt then and he was also very happy for Tony.

Anyway, Tony didn't do anything wrong, only a little drunk.
I also read Tony attended Jettone's party after the official party, and was sleeping during other people were celebrating for him. Very Happy
That's might be rude for some people, but that was an unofficial party with friends anyway and I thought Tony was so cute just like a little child.

We also went to Jettone Office the next day to take "Congratulation Card" for Tony. The old lady at the entrance of the building thought we were paparazzies at first and said "Go away, Tony is not here!", but when we said "We are Tony's fans from Japan, could you give this card to Tony?", she smiled and phoned Jettone office to let us go up to bring the card.
nancix**

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Hi, summertime and Eri:

summertime. 
NO,I could'nt go to Hongkong Movie Award in that year. Crying
But I saw the videotape of the ceremony several months later. It is one of my friend recorded TVB program of Hong Kong(Very long program!).
 In my observation, From middle time of ceremony,TONY sit down on the seet wearily.
TONY's guys was overjoyed momentarily of his winning. Do you remember "花様年華IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE"'s Ah Ping(Ping Lam Siu) ? Especially, Ah Ping clapped his hands for joy.(He Nominated "Best New Performer" in this Award). At making film of "IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE",Ah Ping said:"I wasn't able to act if Tony don't play opposite to me."

Eri:
Quote:
I think HK newspapers are only interested in making fun of people, so I don't believe them much.
I think too.
So I remember Chinese female presswriter's article. When she questioned politely at the winning party, Tony answered very respectfully. He wasn't smell like alcohol. But a hongkong femele writer has interrupted there. She immodestly questioned Tony about "what's-her-name actress". He became a sullen face and left without speaking. Wink
 This is his calm judgment. There is no obligation to answer an impolite question of the impolite person. Isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject:

Hi Eri and nancix**,

Thanks for the additional insights Smile
light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject:

Info wrote:
Hey light,

Thanks for sharing all the videos. Tony Forest is a really nice forum, and I enjoy reading the discussion there a lot!

you are welcome. Very Happy

i love TonyLeung.Info and all fans here also. an amazing place:)
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Pictures, Audio/Video Files All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: