TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Then life re-begins with the melody - Happy Together...

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7thclouds

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Then life re-begins with the melody - Happy Together...

As I notified before in another thread of my favorite 5 Tony films, I will post full-review of Happy together here as well as to IMDB http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0118845/usercomments-39 as follows....
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Well, I watched this film in 1997 or 1998...and last month again. I have slightly different impression between the time when I watched before and this year (last month).My feeling when I watched before was full of unshed some sort of anger or frustration...until the moment of the psychological relief at the stint of light for humane mutual understandings and affection. That was my impression when I watched this film in 1997 or 1998 firstly.

Next time, this time, I could be much patient with the suffocation in such sort of unfairness in love. In my opinion, I believe that love is NOT power struggle, not game of who suppressed or not… Love is serene mutual understanding and sharing each moment with joy, angry, pain, sadness and pleasure…equally, freely, taking each other as s/he is. Well, some may say... oh no! Love is not supposed to be fair or equal! It is all about political power struggle...There must be someone who loves one sided and who to be loved one sided...! BUT I don't think so. Love can be, and actually should be, equally mutual. If someone may say, there must be someone obeyed and someone rules in love, which is not, in fact, love, instead, is some sort of different form of helpless attempting in seeking some completion of incompleteness of a personality of whom is desperately persistent with forcing and enticed others as knowing/taking advantage of how much deeply the other is caring about and understanding such incompleteness and hollowness.

Or say, there could be some sort of mal-catharsis even in the form of obsessions in non-mutual relationship. One always tears; other always cares.... and is happy? pretending happy?Responding in affection to harmful humiliation helplessly, hoping love can be exist in such unfairness…., which can be assumed love? No.

Wonder…. Is everyone qualified to love and to be loved even without determining to give love but seek love from others? I don't think so. Love is not qualification. Love happens. Nevertheless, some sort of determination must be there before anyone is going to be love with someone, mustn't it?

But still the former part of this film persistently pressed everyone to ask himself/herself….. Is there any pocket for anyone or everyone to seek someone whom forces and take advantage of you to give in? Is there any place in heart in everyone in indulging into love others even knowing the other is fully conscious about how far s/he is only interesting in using others? The answer is, for me, no.... but for anyone else, I don't know.

As the time when I saw this movie first time, the later sequence indicates some sort of answer, there must be still lots of hope in love if you seek while the movie delicately avoided what is wrong or what is right… cause love must be seen and accepted as it is, or was or say love cannot be judged maybe. But some sort of genuine self-judgment or judgment can be, must be, reached to any harmful intentions in such guise of form of love, in fact.

And there must be, always, exit for something different that makes you believe in the existence of love that accept you merely as you are equally, mutually, unconditionally.

And such persistent deep hot thick suffocation finally lead to the real relief. At the near of the end of the film, the beginning of the real mutual love. Splendidly opens up with the melody. Happy together…
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: