TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony's Interview in MR April 2009

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Tony's Interview in MR April 2009

Tony's Interview in MR April 2009 Very Happy

访问:之所以成为今天的我。梁朝伟

半退休状态

我本来自以为是地预备了一两条自觉很特别的问题,如「你人生做过最后悔的是什么事?」、「你希望自己是怎样死去的?」等,留在最后发问,希望能在朝伟过去无数访问申突团而出,让读者深刻记得我。

不过.当我真正面对面舆这位影帝展开对话时,发觉他并没如我心目中的想得多。朝伟轻松自若,叫人觉得他真心没花太多深重思虑,去想人生。他以态度告诉我,现在的他,生活开心就可以,正如他说:「我现在也像半退休,喜欢便做,不喜欢便不做。」

朝伟从容不迫,连对答节奏也超乎我想象,他每个问题也慢慢的想,不慌不忙,在等他的约30秒,我反过来觉得有点坐立不安。这种情景,单凭吸一口深气去压抑自己既仰慕又紧张的情绪,还是隐藏不了。

「你最喜欢自己哪一部电影?」隔了很久。「我全部都喜欢,我拍的时候就喜欢。」「那么哪一部对你影响最深?」这次他似乎想得更久。「其实拍了这么多电影,每一部对我都有影响,每一部都深。应这样说,每一部都影响了我下一部,电视的《新扎师兄》与《鹿鼎记》、侯孝贤的《悲情城市》,都影响了我之后很多看法。拍李安又令我在创造角色上有新想法,总之每部戏对我来说都很重要。」

电影的成功令梁朝伟拥有今天在影坛的地位。他看似不需要付出刘德华般的努力而能得到更光辉的成绩,他的戏码、他的演出,总是没人替他担心,你不认同那是炉火纯青的演技都不紧要,他也几乎到达精炼阶段。

找回过去的东西

「要视乎给我的时间有多少,如果开拍之前的时间较多,那我会准备得更好一点。资料搜集很重要,我一定会做到这个。知道角色的背景愈多愈细微愈好、人就演得愈立体。如果你问一个演员,他不知道自己演的背景,他一定演得不好,好演员是不会懒于此的。电影跟人生一样,都是有脉络跟进的,我今日之所以能够成为我,是因为我经历了这些这些和这些,演员就是要找回这些过去的东西。」如果时光走回去,没有《重庆森林》的探员,就不会有《春光乍泄》的黎耀辉,亦不会有《无间道》的陈永仁,我在网上搜寻过维基百科,不同角色已经为梁朝伟带来14次影帝殊荦,是香港电影金像奖和台湾电影金马奖最佳男主角得奖次数最多的演员。他的经验值、他的沉着应战。是有自共睹的。

慢火类演员

很少人会否定梁朝像在戏中表现自然,他像演戏也同时像演自己,莫怪有些人觉得他满有滨技,那边箱却有些冷眼观众狠批他不过是梁朝伟在演梁朝伟。其实事情应该持平一点。我认为梁朝俱是一炉慢火,不温不火,慢炊慢焙,看得久尝得真的确会觉得他够味的。如果硬要老套的拿刘德华跟他比,我还是认为刘德华是属于煎炒烧炸类,具火气。二者就仅此而己。反而来个新鲜的比对,是甄子丹与他分别饰演的一代宗师叶问,比较有瞄头。「我会首先去了解咏舂是甚么,叶问是甚么背景,他经历过甚么事情,一层一层的去理解。然后,从我的角度去演绎这个人物、记着演戏一定有要自己切入的角度,基于每个人的背景,去做不同的感觉。我跟他演的也肯定不会一样。」你看梁朝伟屏幕中自然不羁,我告诉你,暗地里他早有一套很结实的理论,绝不是随演的,不是抛一个电眼转一下身的那种潇洒梦幻。

电影带给我能量

你看他轻松,背后十年功。千少前辈都批评现在不知天高地厚的新人,可能连剧本还未背熟已经去演戏,更别说演技。伟仔甚少批评,他比较执于自己的电影历练、过程修为。

按着这条路线,伟仔就一步比一步进步,用道理说明,他的事业路轨图就像在不断矫枉过正,直达完美终点。

我不想喝酒

问题就是这里。我觉得再问他人生做过最后悔的事情已经是全没意义,我应该再勇敢一点。于是我索性将问题改为「如果让你改变自己一样不满意的东西,你会改变什么?」结果答案倒是令我惊喜:「如果我不喜欢喝酒就好了,因为有时我会控制不到.不断地喝,喝得太多对身体不好呢,哈哈!」我舒了一口气,放下了半分紧张,我大概觉得眼前的梁朝伟不是完全没有破绽,我大概觉得他镜头后的笑容更有亲和力,我实情还有一分钟觉得自己跟他接近了很多、很多了。

+++++

This is where I am now

Semi-retirement position
I initially prepared a couple of self reflection questions [for Tony] to ask at the very end of our interview. Questions like "What is your biggest regret in life" or "How would you want to die?". I wanted to ask these questions not only to leave a lasting impression on Tony, but so that all the readers here will remember me. Yet when I finally came face-to-face with the countless Best Actor winner, I realized how wrong I was in my perception of him. Tony appears very easy-going and relaxed, not the type that spends his time contemplating life issues. From his composure, it is really evident that the most important thing to him is his happiness. It's like as he said, "Right now it's almost like I'm in semi-retirement. I do what I like to do and don't do what I don't like to do." The pace in which Tony approaches things is far from what I imagined. Everytime he's asked a question, he will think through it carefully before giving a reply. He's in no rush to do things hastily. Instead in the 30 seconds I wait for his answer, I'm the one that's starting to feel restless. In this type of situation, it's hard to suppress the urge to take a deep breath to calm down my faltering nerves.

Each [film] affects me deeply
"Which of your movies do you like best?" After a while he answers: "I like them all. I've liked them from the start of filming". "Well then, which one has left the greatest impression on you?" With this question he takes an even longer time to answer. "Actually in the many films I've acted in, each one has left a great affect on me. What I mean is, each film progressively affects the next film. From the TV series 'Police Cadet' and 'Duke of Mount Deer' to Hou Hsiao-Hsien's A City of Sadness, all of them have irrevocably influenced me. In filming with Ang Lee, I was able to find a new way to develop a character. Either way, each film I've been in has been really important." Due to the success of his films, Tony Leung has been able to reach the status he has today. He believes he doesn't have to work in the same way as Andy Lau achieve this type of success. His acting has already reached a level - no one dares question his ability to pull off a role. It doesn't matter if others don't appreciate his form of acting, it has already gone far beyond what anyone could say.

Finding things from the past
"It depends on how much time I am given. If I have more time during the beginning stages, then I will be more prepared when I start filming. Research is very important, it is something I will always do. The more I know about the character's background and the more details there are, the better it is. That way I can get right into character. If you ask an actor about his character's background and he can't answer you, then without a doubt he'll act poorly in the role. Good actors know the importance of this. Movies are like real life, there is a story that progresses. I've only come to where I am now because of all the experiences I've gathered. Actors need to seek out these past experiences." If we look back at his string of movies, without Cop 633 from Chungking Express, then there wouldn't be Happy Together's Lai Yiu-fai, nor Infernal Affairs' Chan Wing Yan. From all the research I've done on Tony, all of his roles have garnered him 14 Best Actor awards. He is the winner of the most Hong Kong Film Awards and the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards. His experience and calm demeanor when taking on challenges is quite obvious to everyone around him.

An actor that works at his pace (Literal translation: Slow heat type of actor)
There aren't many people who will disagree that Tony is very natural onscreen. On one side he's acting, on the other side it's as if he's playing the role of himself. It's not surprising that while some people praise his seemingly effortless acting skills, others believe he's only Tony Leung playing the role of Tony Leung. Actually the situation can be viewed differently. I believe Tony is like a pot on the stove set on low heat. Not scorching hot or burning, but takes its time to simmer and cook. The longer you wait, the scent of the food gradually builds. For arguments sake, if you must bring Andy Lau into the picture, I will place Andy in the stir-fry category. Unlike the slow, steadiness of Tony's simmering pot, the heat from Andy's wok is always on full blast. Yet if we make a new comparison, it might be easier to compare Donnie Yen to Tony, who are both playing the role of Wing Chun master Yip Man. "I will first try to understand what Wing Chun is, then I will find out about his background. As I delve into his experiences, I will slowly uncover layers of this person. In the end based on everything I've learned, I will use my own approach to play this role. Acting is all about aligning yourself with the character to express different types of feelings. The way I act might not necessarily be the same as him." Tony may appear cool and collected onscreen, but I can tell you that pass his exterior appearance, he has his own firm beliefs in acting. Acting is not something he does half-heartedly. A simple gaze or gesture does not make the magic appear on screen.

Films give me strength
Although he may seem relaxed to you on the outside, his appearance does not speak for the years of work he's already accomplished. Those who have been in the industry for a long time have been vocal about the newbies to the business. Many of these newcomers have no idea what they've gotten into. Some haven't even memorized the scripts, much less getting into filming itself. Tony does not have much to say on this. Instead of judging others, he'd rather focus on honing is own acting skills. "I've already said before, films can change a person. After filming Duke of Mount Deer, I came realize that having seven wives is really horrible. Filming allows you to come in contact with different experiences. At the same time, it can give you strength. Do you like or hate this type of person? This kind of revelation will affect your next projects. Film and real life often influence each other in this way." It is because of this, Tony has gradually improved. As he continues along his path, his career will take on many twists and turns until he reaches his perfect ending.

I don't want to drink
We've finally reached the question. I feel like there's no longer any point in asking him about his life's biggest regret. Perhaps I should be a little more bold. So I decide to change the question into: "If you can change one part of yourself that you don't like, what would it be?" The answer he gave was quite a surprise. "If I didn't like to drink, then that would be ideal. There are time when I can't control myself. Drinking too much is unhealthy, heehee." I finally let out the breath I've been holding. I've come to discover that the man in front of me isn't without flaws. His off-camera smile is much more friendly than I would have imagined. I think that within the span of the interview, we were brought much closer together. Even if it was just for a brief moment, I will continue holding onto that belief.
mary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: To sparkles_n15

Thank you Jenny for yet another translation. Great interview we get more insights about Tony who is quite thoughtful and candid with his answers... best wishes mary
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Thank you very much, Sparkles!
Great interview!

Kisses & Happy Easter
K

Sadako Sasaki
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Jenny,

It is very interesting. I specially like Tony's answer "If I didn't like to drink, then that would be ideal." Laughing
nancix**

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks,sparkles_n15!!

It's movie-file of [MR].
http://www.mrrm.com.hk/behindm4v/happyBirthdayGreetingbyTonyLeung.m4v
Tony said to"Hi, Everyone.Happy Birthday,MR Magazine!"

This movie-file is Backstage.
http://www.mrrm.com.hk/behindm4v/014BackStage.m4v

that is m4v-file.You need to Quicktime Player or GOM PLAYER.
http://www.gomplayer.jp/(Japanese Language)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for translation sparkles_n15!!

I also want Tony to abstain from drinking......
begin it little by little...
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject:

Hi!
Girls, all of you are GREAT.
Helga is telling me very nice thing on you and on her sojourn in Japan.

About drinking, have to say that, born and raised in vineyards, I don't drink. My grandfather produced vine in Sicily, my father produced vine in the Castelli Romani and me myself produced great tuscan vines till few years ago. Ansonica, Pitigliano's White and Morellino di Scansano were my very DOCG products.

Mind you, I don't think that drinking is a bad thing if it doesn't affect your health. It is a really good thing indeed. Red vines, it is scientifically demonstrated, protect from bowels cancer. All the vine helps to digest food fat.

It is if you have to wring a bottle neck to survive your day that it is sad and very bad.

So, cheers, and plese tell Tony to keep enjoying a nice drink!

Kisses
K

Sadako Sasaki
Yuka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject:

Wow, Kat, I didn't know you don't drink at all. Surprised
Many of my friends are wine lovers .
I've been to several wineries and vineyards in France & US, too.
I think I'll regret if I didn't like to drink (i.e. within a certain level)

sparkles_n15 ,Thank you so much for your translation!!! Very Happy

Yuka
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject:

Hello girls
Yuka I can not believe that Kat drinks no drop of wine - no liters maybe !
Her good italian cuccina demands for wine! One glass or two are necessary to a perfect meal! (or did you give up for sympathising with your husband Kat ?)- Such little pleasures you have to allow yourself !

In Japan I began to like Sake - though nice origin advicers, I could not distinguish the different qualities - nevertheless I liked it very much to (and after) japanese food ! Do not worry - I am not going to become a big drinker !

And hello sparkles_15 ! Want to thank you for the translations too!
Now fullblooming Cherrytree -Sakura- in my garden !
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad everyone had a chance to enjoy the article!

I must admit that I'm also a non-drinker. It is very embarrassing when your face turns bright red with a drop of alcohol! Nevertheless, drinking in moderation is the way to go. Very Happy
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject:

Hello Everyone,

I guess Tony said "If I didn't like to drink, then that would be ideal.", because it must be very hard for him or anyone who enjoy drinking very much to stop when there is a reason to do so, for example to do very demanding work or health problem.

I also think it might be quite difficult to drink moderately, for a lot of people who love drinking. (I can only guess because I am just like Jenny. Laughing )

Dear Safran,

As I told you before, I can drink a little bit of wine, but I don't like Sake at all because of the smell. Sad
katwoman64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject:

(or did you give up for sympathising with your husband Kat ?) Shocked -

As you can see, Helga knows me too well.
Yes, I eradicated my DOCG vineyard to make hub feel better.

Anyway I am a very moderate drinker, and I drink: at Easter, Christmas, New Eve and sometimes in my girls night out.

So no, Yuka, you're not out of a loop. I hold on to you to go sake sampling Wink !

Kisses
K
Dear Jenny, I am very moderate also because I react like you. A nice sparkling water with a slice of lemon is perfect!

Sadako Sasaki
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject:

kat, I'm very bad with sake sampling....because there're so many
types of Japanese sake and sometimes it's very difficult to tell the difference.
(May be I try too many of them. ha-ha)
I'm glad Safran began to like sake in Japan.
I hope we can go girls(grown-up?) night out together in the future !! Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject:

Dear friends - This would be very funny - but first of all I should take an english-conversation course ! hiiikkk - sorry !

Unfortunatlely we cannot get a good Sake in my little "village" . It doesn´t taste good but is very expensive !(or do I only miss the japanese surrounding ?) - Next time in Japan we will taste some more together !

And for the wine drinker´s: Kat and me will be your "Sommeliers" -
with red cheeks and sparkling eyes - talking much about Tony !
Some glasses of cool, fresh water against thurst, for our health and for our reasonable friends!

Thanks for the last news (articles of newspapers) Yuka !
Today I am alone at home and just looked "Gorgeous" with a funny Tony !
Have a nice weekend dear fellow fans and friends ! (and be careful
when drinking !)
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: