TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Bullet In The Head

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Bullet In The Head

I know, it's an old movie, but I finally got the chance to see "Bullet in the Head" (nonetheless with with my father who was born and raised up until his early teens in HK). My dad said he recognized some of the apartment buildings that was shown in the early parts of the scenes. It certainly brought back memories for him!

Aside from being an awesome John Woo flick, TL was absolutely fantastic in this movie (as was Jacky Cheung). I was on the edge of my seat half the time and my dad couldn't sleep that evening- his heart palpitating from all the action. TL's emotions range from being blissfully happy to scared out of his trousers. I know I was totally riding the waves of emotions with him.

It just proves TL has always had the talent to get into his character and weave you in his web. Simply amazing!
ItsJustMe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject:

"Bullet in the Head" is definitely not for the weak of heart. Not only is the action intense, but the emotional roller coaster just won’t let you go. I remember the first time I watched that film. I had just bought it and was so excited about watching it the same night. But, what a mistake to watch it right before bedtime! My adrenaline was flowing. It was impossible to unwind. I ended up taking out a TL dvd "Sound of Color" to watch for about half an hour before I could calm down. But, I must say whether it is drama, action or comedy, I am always impressed with Tony Leung’s acting skills.
ben

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject:

*Caution* The post may contain spoilers for those people who haven't seen it

I saw this film many years ago but only recently got hold of a DVD copy so it was like a first watch for me all over again.

This film just affected me in such a way that little other films have, including non-Asian cinema. Well executed balance between action and drama; a simple but believable story and three very convincing lead characters who take you on a real emotional journey.

Obviously not forgetting the outstanding direction of John Woo; Tony Leung (and with all respect to the other cast members, Jacky Cheung also deserves strong mention) are perfect together in this film. Their connection is so strong that you feel you know them well and you feel real loss as events unfold throughout the film.

The movie is so much to take in emotionally that I would probably recommend a second viewing a little while after you watched it the first time, because it really gives you more of a chance to reflect on the three friends and their journey, who they were and what they became, then you really feel how powerful the film is.

Thanks for reading.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: