TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony Leung says marriage with longtime girlfriend Carina Lau

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamberger362

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Tony Leung says marriage with longtime girlfriend Carina Lau

HONG KONG - Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung Chiu-wai said Monday he hopes to find time this year to wed his longtime girlfriend, Carina Lau, in between promoting his new film and preparing for his next role.

Leung and actress Lau, both based in Hong Kong, are among the Chinese entertainment world's most closely watched couples.

"I'm getting up there in age. It's time to consider marriage ... I'm in my 40s. I can't wait until I'm 60," Leung said as he joked with reporters on the sidelines of a news conference to promote Entertainment Expo Hong Kong, an event to promote the territory's film industry.

Leung said that the wedding has been in the works for many years, but that the two have had a difficult time coordinating their busy schedules.

"Even though the Hong Kong movie industry has gone through a recession, it's still quite vibrant. I'm very busy," he said. "Let's see if we're luckier this year and can find a date."
He said work commitments this year include promoting John Woo's Chinese historical epic "Red Cliff," which he just finished shooting. He'll also prepare for his next role as Bruce Lee's kung fu master, Ip Man, in famed Hong Kong art-house director Wong Kar-wai's planned biopic.

Leung is known for playing subdued characters like the melancholy writer who had a love affair with a married woman in "In the Mood for Love." That performance won him best actor honors at France's Cannes Film Festival in 2000.

source:http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/ap/20080225/tap-as-a-e-cel-tony-leung-d3b07b8.html
hamberger362

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject:

pics from:tonyforest
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Hallelujah Applause

Similar article in The Standard:

Leung in mood for marriage

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung Chiu-wai said yesterday he hopes to find time this year to wed his long-time girlfriend Carina Lau Ka-ling in between promoting his new film and preparing for his next role.

"I'm getting up there in age. It's time to consider marriage ... I'm in my forties. I can't wait until I'm 60," Leung, who was best actor at Cannes for In the Mood for Love, said in a promotion for Entertainment Expo Hong Kong. The wedding has been in the works for many years, he said, adding that he and Lau have had a difficult time coordinating their schedules.

Saying he is "very busy," Leung added: "Let's see if we're luckier this year and can find a date."

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=13&art_id=62058&sid=17761167&con_type=1
news

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Credit http://www.batgwa.com/story.php?id=654

Tony Leung Plans To Wed Carina Lau

25 February 2008
Emma Lam

In his capacity as Hong Kong's Ambassador for Television and Film Entertainment, Tony Leung (梁朝偉) took part in a press conference to promote the fourth Hong Kong Entertainment Expo (香港影視娛樂博覽), which will be running from 17 March to 13 April 2008. Many high profile events will form part of the expo, including the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART), held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wanchai, the Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF), the Hong Kong and Asian Film Awards, the Hong Kong Music Fair and the IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Awards.

Also in attendance were Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Frederick Ma (馬時亨), renowned film-maker Raymond Chow (鄒文懷), writer, director and producer Gordon Chan (陳嘉上) and EEG CEO Ng Yu (吳雨).

Tony was asked about the reports that his girlfriend Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) has spoken of plans for them to get married. He responded openly, admitting that they have planned for marriage in recent years, but he has been too busy working to fulfil the plans. As for whether they will be tying the knot this year, Tony said that he will try his luck and if he succeeds, then he will let everyone know.

Asked if they would like to have children, Tony replied that it is not so simple. Responding to suggestions that the decision to wed has been spurred on by the gossip that has surrounded Carina recently, Tony emphasised that the decision was based on the fact that they are now in their forties and there is no point in waiting until they are old and grey.

Tony will begin filming for director Wong Kar-Wai (王家衛)'s production of The Legend of Yip Man <葉問傳> in June. With film-maker Raymond Wong (黃百鳴) also planning to film his own version of the story about the Wing Chun Grandmaster, Tony commented that the two directors will have very different methods of filming, so the clash should not cause too much of an issue.

For his performance in the highly acclaimed film Lust Caution <色。戒>, Tony has been nominated for a Best Actor award in this year's Asian Film Awards. Asked how he felt about the nomination, Tony said he was very happy and felt that it was all about luck.

Asked to comment on the two biggest stories in the entertainment news recently, Tony said that he did not want to talk about matters that affect people's privacy, but regarding Edison Chen (陳冠希) sex photos scandal, he said that those who do wrong should face the serious consequences. As for the death of Lydia Sum (沈殿霞), Tony felt that it was a great loss and said that she was a well respected actor, from whom you could learn a lot. He hoped that her spirit will live on forever.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I just finished reading this off another forum and decided to come here!

If the news is true, then congrats to Tony! Very Happy
solitude87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I can't describe how happy I am to hear this. Very Happy Laughing Smile . Let's hope there will be time for Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject:

sparkles_n15 wrote:
If the news is true, then congrats to Tony! Very Happy

Yeah, if the news is true, CONGRATS! Well, if not, it's ok too as long as you are happy, Tony! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject:

Ooooooooo!!! Admitting that is halfway of doing it!

I hope Tony and Carina will grow old sharing one pillow and I hope that it will be a joyous wedding.

Also Tony looked so good in the pics. White becomes him. And I liked what his comment about the scandal. Tony is so good and replied very nicely.

I didn't know someone else was filming the same subject. But I know that this happens in every country. Tony is a great actor and he will give the role its due Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject:

Wow!

Congratulations Tony. That's great news.
lightblue1000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject:

finally that tony admit that he had start planning his marriage with carina lau
congratulation, hope to hear more soon
7thclouds

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: ::))

Dearest Tony
Very Happy Congratulations!
7thclouds (mari t)
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: