TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Lust, Caution heads to Toronto International Film Festival
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Hello summertime

So you could see "Lust Caution" with Tony, that is really great ! Very Happy

Happy to hear that both Tony and "Lust Caution" are very popular in Toronto.

I wonder if he left to answer his phone or something ? Great news if it is from Venice. Wink
Raphael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject:

Dear Summertime,

Many thanks for this report....

You mentionned all the details i'd have been interested in myself Smile
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject:

Hi summertime!

It's great to hear you had such an awesome time at the screening! I'm so jealous now that I couldn't get tickets! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can get rush tickets for tomorrow morning's screening. I'd love to see your pics when you have them! I'm glad he had such a great reception here!
summertime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject:

Hi Eri, Raphael and sparkles_n15,

You're all very welcome Smile

I just remembered one thing, Tang Wei did address the audience, she spoke in English, and her English is great.

Oh yes, and sorry folks - I gave the wrong info on the neckwear - it was a white tie, not a black one - oops . . .

sparkles_n15 -

Did you try rushing last night's screening ?
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject:

Hi summertime,

Nope, I went and saw Secret Sunshine instead! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tony will be at tomorrow's screening at Scotiabank, so I'll be there at 7am waiting in the rush line.

Either that, so I'll have to stalk out at the Park Hyatt. Heehee... Laughing
summertime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:

Hi sparkles_n15,

LOL - I wonder if the Lust, Caution crew will fly back to Venice for the Golden Lion presentation.

How did you find Secret Sunshine ? I've read such good things about it, and am really looking forward to seeing it.

I saw Chacun Son Cinema this morning, and I really liked it. Some of the shorts were really hilarious.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Oh no!! Then I'll really miss the chance to see him!! Sad But I guess if it's to accept the award, then it's okay! Do you know when the Awards Presentation is? Does he have to rush back to Venice?

Secret Sunshine was not as good as I expected. The acting was amazing, but the plot development was slow and when it built to the climax, it just ended. You'll have to see it for yourself, but the director seemed really cool.
Info

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Ang Lee is back to Venice, but Tony will stay in Toronto until 10 Sept.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Awesome news! Thanks Info! I will totally get in line for 7am tomorrow to see him! Any idea what else he'll be doing in town?
news

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Summertime for for seeing Tony for the 3rd (?) time. Smile
summertime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:

Hi news,

LOL, thanks - I never thought of it that way - but yes, you're right, when the 2 public screenings are included Smile

Looks like Tony had a very successful promotional tour this time around eh Smile
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Hello summertime,

According to a newspaper, Ang Lee was notified to fly back to Venice to receive some award (hadn't been told which one then) during you and they were watching this film.

Have you noticed that Ang Lee had left the theatre earlier ? Rolling Eyes

Tony also might had left his seat for a while to talk to him. Wink
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Hi Eri Smile

Normally with TIFF, at the end of a red carpet screening, a spotlight is shone on the film's director and cast.

I recall seeing Ang Lee when the spotlight was shone, and confirmed this with someone else at the screening.

I went to the 2nd screening of Lust, Caution yesterday, scheduled for 9:15 am, hoping there would be a Q&A, but alas no, no one from the film showed up - and quite a bit of the audience stayed behind, hoping for a Q&A.

This time the audience was almost 3/4 non-Asian and about 1/4 Asian.

This audience responded differently than the one last Friday. They were more subdued, maybe because it was so early. The Friday audience laughed more at the comic parts. The lady beside me covered her eyes for some of the scenes.

On another note, today I got last minute free tickets to "Everything to Gain: A Conversation with Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter". It's not every day that an ex U.S. president shows up at a film festival.

He got a long standing ovation at the beginning, and at the end. He and his wife were interviewed for about an hour. The focus was mainly on the Middle East, The Carter Center and their marriage. Sometimes they had the audience in stitches. There was also quite a lot of secret service present.

Oh yes, I didn't see Tony on the red carpet because we were all trying to get seats together, and in an optimal spot. We had priority seating, meaning you can go sit in the theatre before the other ticketholders are let in if you have a certain kind of Visa card. We're not talking about anything that exclusive here LOL. But then you can't leave because the doors haven't been opened yet, or if you do leave, you might not be able to get back in.
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:

summertime wrote:

Normally with TIFF, at the end of a red carpet screening, a spotlight is shone on the film's director and cast.

I recall seeing Ang Lee when the spotlight was shone, and confirmed this with someone else at the screening.

I went to the 2nd screening of Lust, Caution yesterday, scheduled for 9:15 am, hoping there would be a Q&A, but alas no, no one from the film showed up - and quite a bit of the audience stayed behind, hoping for a Q&A.

This time the audience was almost 3/4 non-Asian and about 1/4 Asian.

This audience responded differently than the one last Friday. They were more subdued, maybe because it was so early. The Friday audience laughed more at the comic parts. The lady beside me covered her eyes for some of the scenes.

Thanks summertime,
Perhaps it was just newspaper's misinterpretation, I guess.

It was dissapointing not having Q&A wasn't it.

The comical parts' humor has more of an asian taste ?
I had to laugh when I read the book and I could imagine HK slapstick comedy like scenes. Laughing It is probably unusual to have this kind of humor in serious US films. (More common in Europe and Asia, I think.)
superelva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject:

Hello summertime,

Did you know when will Tony back to Hong kong from Toroto????
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: