TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Wang Leehom: Tony Leung Taught Me How To Wash My Hair

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Wang Leehom: Tony Leung Taught Me How To Wash My Hair

Wearing a simple white T-shirt and jeans, Leehom appeared in casual clothes at the venue where "Fei Chang You Xi" would be performing to rehearse for his latest music video, "Xi Chu Dong Fang" (Drama of the East). However, reporters are very curious about Leehom's performance in "Se, Jie" (Lust, Caution) as well as if he will accept a new movie, "Mei Lan Fang."

I Am Not Suitable to Be "Mei Lan Fang"

Reporter: In the past all of your songs were composed prior to writing lyrics. However in "Drama of the East" the lyrics were written first and then composed. Are you used to it?

Leehom: It took me about two weeks to complete the song, and this is pretty normal. The lyrics written by Mr. Li were really powerful and in the middle there were a lot of simple and deep phrases. Therefore I used to the first few exceprts for the rapping to even out the song.

Reporter: You have worked with several opera singers for "Zai Mei Bian" (Beside the Plum Blossoms" as well as "Drama of the East." Will you follow their career and try out opera?

Leehom: It is because I have been working with the greatest, top notched opera singers that's why I believe singing Peking opera is actually a very hard technique to master. If you do not have the background you just can't do it successfully. Although my job is to sing as well, the difference between opera singing and mainstream pop singing is very different. When I think of it, I give up to even think about it.

Reporter: Recently there has been a rumor saying that CHEN HAI has asked you to try out for the role of "Mei Lan Fang."

Leehom: Recently I've been busy preparing for my new album so I'm not so sure myself. Also, their crew has never came to me. Plus, I don't think the character is suitable for me.

Being Yelled From Ang Lee Is Worth It

Reporter: Several months ago when you were filming "Lust, Caution", is filming with LEUNG CHIU WAI (Tony Leung) a big pressure?

Leehom: Not really. It was more like an experience. When Tony acts he is really into his role. I've learned a lot from him. For example, I've learned to be more focused and patient.

Reporter: Patient for what? Being yelled by the director?

Leehom: You need to patient if you're to be an actor. "Lust, Caution" is a movie that took place during World War II. Everyday Tony and I had to put a lot of oil on our hair. Oily face, man! This was really how the people looked like back then in the 1930's. We had to stick a lot of things to our hair, even washing your hair four times a day isn't enough. It will hurt your hair anyways. In the film I'm a young college student so I have less oil on my hair. However Tony plays a character that is a lot older than me so he has a lot more hair oil. However every day after work he'll teach me how to wash my hair by wiping the hair oil with a dry towel and then wash it. It really works. After several rinses my hair gets clean again. Tony's amazing. Even the smallest thing he has a trick to it.

Reporter: We hear that Ang Lee was always yelling at you?

Leehom: Even so I think it's worth it. I've filmed movies before, but with Ang Lee it's a whole new world. I was literally acting and learning at the same time. Under Ang Lee I am inspired to become a director myself, including directing music videos and musicals.

I guess Tony is now an expert in washing off the hair oil due to his several experiences with hair oil in WKW movies, hehehe Very Happy. My Dad uses that stuff for his hair but I guess the hair oil has evolved to be less greasy in modern days.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: