TonyLeung.Info
This is an Archival Discussion Board (2003-2012)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   
Click here to go to 2013- New Tony Board

2012 - The Silent War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
francisc4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject:

Hi Yitian,

of course I saw that scene, it was one of the scene where Tony makes all of the audience laughed.. Very Happy

and there are lots of it.. so just watch and enjoy it, i'm sure that u will be surprised !!! Shocked

BTW thanks a lot for all the photos and the link.. thumbright
emma-Y

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject:

thx for sharing these pics~~~

in my view, destroy is the start of creating. maybe it is not a bad thing in some way.

The actor do not need to be appreciated by the media, they just need to conquer the people & make them follow ur ideas.

Go ur own way regardless of what people say~~~fighting !!gogo!!

P.S tony's complete absorption in his work & his works thumbright!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject:

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/773504-tony-leung-chiu-wai-does-not-want-to-play-blind-again/

The Tony Leung Chiu Wai starred film THE SILENT WAR (TING FUNG JEH) was no match for VULGARIA (DAI JOOK HEI KET) at the Hong Kong box office but was a big hit in the Mainland. Its first week total box office was almost 150 million RMB. Two days ago Wai Jai and directors Alan Mak Siu Fai and Felix Chong Man Keung attended the Guangzhou celebration. Wai Jai said, "As an actor, basically without the box office I won't have anything. After the movie is made, the boss makes money and we continue to have movies to make. This is very important." Wai Jai in the film played blind and gave up his electrifying eyes to act. He said that it was very hard and he never wanted to play blind again. "I have always been used to act with my eyes, suddenly not using them was very painful."

The directors hoped to make OVERHEARD 3 (SIT TING FUNG WON 3) and basically has already written the script.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Jamaica wrote:
Wai Jai said, "As an actor, basically without the box office I won't have anything.

Thanks Jamaica for the news article Smile . However, regarding to the quoted part, Tony actually said "as an actor, I basically do not pay attention to box office performances, I have no feelings for this......."

video of the event with Tony's own words:
http://video.sina.com.cn/p/ent/x/2012-08-15/113161841433.html

I can never understand how incompetent, inaccurate and/or even malicious media reporters still hold their jobs Mad Exclamation Shocked . One of the reasons why I like to watch videos of real events than read news reports Wink.
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject:

^Talk about being taken out of context. The author sure put words into TL's mouth or was it just a bad case of translation?
Actually, the quote is not out of context- it is a different context altogether. The quote is the exact opposite of what TL did say as per yitian's translation.

I'm glad to know that the film is a hit in China. Very Happy

Thanks yitian and Jamaica Smile
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject:

Many Thanks for the enlightening correction Yitian ! Laughing .......this really sounds more Tonylike ! Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: a review

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100016870&docId=l:1724062665&Em=7&start=12

The Straits Times (Singapore) August 15, 2012 Wednesday

Strains of war;
The Silent War, a tale of espionage set in 1950s revolutionary China, is unconvincing in parts

boon chan

Review Drama

THE SILENT WAR (PG)

120 minutes/Opens tomorrow/***

The story: Blind piano tuner assistant He Bing (Tony Leung Chiu Wai) has an excellent sense of hearing. He is recruited by Zhang Xuening (Zhou Xun), an agent of 701 Headquarters of the newly established China Republic government in the 1950s, to detect the frequencies on which the enemy, a vague threat, is broadcasting sensitive information.

It has been said that feted Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai acts with his eyes. In acclaimed dramas such as In The Mood For Love (2000) and Lust, Caution (2007), he could convey the emotions roiling beneath a placid surface with just a searing glance.

So how does he fare when the character he is playing is blind'

Pretty well, thank you very much, and this role lets Leung demonstrate that he does not act with just his eyes. His charisma remains intact even while wearing lenses or dark glasses that cover his piercing peepers. It helps that the character is not some angsty tortured person but a likeable rascally fellow who has to get by on his wits.

The sound design also does a good job of putting the audience in He's shoes by heightening the noises that filter through to him in a scene where he is being tailed by Zhang and her men.

As Zhang and He later work together, she begins to feel protective of him and he starts to have feelings for her. Their relationship is played out with restraint but perhaps a little too tentatively as other characters enter the picture.

One is actually more intrigued by the enigmatic relationship between Zhang and her boss Old Devil (Wang Xuebing). And He later ends up with the cryptologist Shen Jing (Mavis Fan) in a development that feels rather pat.

The film reunites Leung with Hong Kong film-makers Alan Mak and Felix Chong, who had collaborated as writers for the excellent cop thriller Infernal Affairs (2002). Here, Mak and Chong both direct, from a script adapted from China novelist Mai Jia's An Suan (Plot Against, 2006).

And it seems possible to detect the seeds of The Silent War in that earlier film.

There is a tensely pivotal scene in Infernal Affairs which involved Morse code being tapped out on a window. Here, the transmission of Morse code messages consumes the protagonists.

The stakes, though, are generally vague here and one never gets the sense of the enemy beyond a few references to Chiang Kai-shek.

And when the stakes are made clearer towards the end in a hunt for the master enemy agent Chungking, what unfolds rests too much on the trite coincidence of similar-sounding Morse codes with very different meanings.

The poignancy of the tragedy that strikes He is also diminished as the rationale for his actions is less than fully convincing.

But at least Leung keeps one watching.
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject:

A video piece in ENGLISH (Reel China: The Silent War )
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQwMTY5MDMy.html
michi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject:

The story is too sad...... Crying or Very sad
makes me cry and makes me feel depressed....

I wanna see more comedies.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Did you get to see The Great Magician, yet? Definitely very funny. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject:

YES, I like it Very Happy
hanasan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject:

Share with you some photos I took during the promotion~

Beijing

hanasan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject:

Shanghai

hanasan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject:

Guangzhou

Last edited by hanasan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
hanasan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject:

Hong Kong

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: