TonyLeung.Info
This is an Archival Discussion Board (2003-2012)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   
Click here to go to 2013- New Tony Board

2012 - The Great Magician
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
light

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject:

to Zeefje

It's really depends. I live in NY right now. Usually it is at least 3 months later here. However, if you live in big city, you may have luck to see it while it just opens in China. I heard that some distributing companies are promoting Chinese movies in US and Europe.
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject:

Smile Thanks again light !

To Zeefje
I hope we will be able to watch it in Cinema here, in "good old Europe" - one year later ? ; ) - but I fear, like so many other interesting films from Asia .......we will have to go to a special Festival.......or buy a DVD - unfortunately : (
Helga
Zeefje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Light and Safran for reacting. I really hope it will be distributed here.
My hopes are set for our International filmfestival. Smile

Zeefje
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks light for your information, I'm eagerly awaiting for the oversea distribution of Tony's movies.
However, the web link doesn't work. Do I miss something here?
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject:

This is exactly what I got initially.
I managed to view the webpage by deleting the /index (only to leave http://www.chinalionentertainment.com), then go to home page - I got what light showed to us. Make sure to choose "English" at top right corner of the page.
I use Mac computer and I don't know if this is a Mac issue. Once it goes, the link light provided seems to be OK.
Good luck.

Thanks light for showing the image of this webpage to help out.
Smile
Zeefje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject:

I confirm the Mac issue, same here. Link works in the meanwhile...only to see another "interesting filmtrailer Smile)))

Thanks for your help light...

Zeefje
light

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone,

I heard the website from someone who works in the movie distribution field. According to her, it's possible that the Chinalion company is going to release a lot of Chinese movies from Christmas to Chinese new year. Let's keep an eye on it.
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Ok everyone please keep an eye and give a heads up.

I can hardly wait. It's been a looong while since the last TL film.

Thanks and cheers to all Smile
Info

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject:

yitian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject:

The Great Magician stills.

Jamaica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject:

Yitian, thanks for finding and posting these. They're gorgeous!

Lau Ching Wan's cowboy hat kills me. I wonder if his character has a love for the cowboy movies, that must've been imported, at that time, for English colonists?

Actors usually will have some item, that will be a psychological/emotional key, or gateway for them, into their character. Tony had THE MUSTACHE ( Smile ), for "2046"; probably the keys he wore around his neck in "Happy Together," functioned the same way. I guess the cowboy hat is Sean's for this film. It looks great perched there on his head. I bet no characters in the movie make fun of that hat, and get away with it, (except for Tony).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject:

Jamaica wrote:
I bet no characters in the movie make fun of that hat, and get away with it, (except for Tony).

Is Tony doing just such in the top pic? Laughing

I think the hat could be just a fashion statement for Sean under certain circumstances. We need to see the film in order to get some better ideas. I'm not sure if there is anybody bought distribution rights for releasing it in North America, if not, we have to have a long wait for the DVD. Mad

BTW, the movie studio also released a set of posters for all characters in The Great Magician (except Tony's), Crying or Very sad They suppose to give quite some hints about the story.

This is the poster for Lau Ching Wan.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject:

Is Tony doing just such in the top pic?

I can only hope so! Laughing

Well, the fashion statement is more for Sean than anything. What was it Maggie Cheung said, "Seventy percent of getting into character is accomplished once you've put your wardrobe on." (?) Smile The way the clothes makes a person feel different really helps them feel differently in their mind.

Cool poster, BTW!

Yeah, not looking forward to the long wait till dvd. I was pleasantly surprised, when last year, I didn't have to wait quite so long for the dvd of Jet Li's "Ocean Heaven," as I had expected. Though "The Grandmasters" might actually come to a theatre here, in my town, if it's already out on dvd in HK, I'm going to buy it. (And then I'll go to the theatre to see it on the big screen.) I don't know why we rarely get Chinese movies in Lexington. Our Chinese population is growing quite nicely.

Of course, in the case of "The Great Magician," dvd is the only way I'll get to see it, but that's definitely better than nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject:

Second trailer of The Great Magician:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1PpX_nB8gYg/
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject:

Thank you Yitian Smile !
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: