TonyLeung.Info
This is an Archival Discussion Board (2003-2012)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   
Click here to go to 2013- New Tony Board

thoughts on the UN-CUT version of Lust, Caution ( MANILA )

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marsha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: thoughts on the UN-CUT version of Lust, Caution ( MANILA )

Hi everybody!! As I've said in my previous posts, Tony's Lust, Caution was indeed shown in limited theaters in Manila, Philippines. The movie was released on October 26, Friday. I catched the movie at the Shangri-la Plaza Mall Cineplex. It was shown in Shangri-la's Premiere Theater that's why it was a little expensive compare to the rest of the movie being shown at the same time BUT the movie was really worth it.

As a student of Asian History, I really enjoyed the fact that Lust, Caution is a period movie. I love the location which was Shanghai. The cinematography was definitely good. The movie was more than 120 minutes but I didn't feel any moment of boredom maybe bacause it is Tony's movie and probably because the movie was really a piece of hardwork and of high artistic value.

As to the graphic sex scenes featured in the movie, I couldn't help but ask it they were really true? The love scenes looked as if they were absolutely real Razz I must commend Ang Lee, Tony, and Tang Wei for those very realistic scenes. With regards to the question whether the movie must be edited or not, I personally believe that any country can release the UN-EDITED/UN-CUT version of Lust, Caution. The love scenes were artistically made and play a very significant role in emphasizing the meaning of the title " Lust, Caution ". I am very glad Manila's censors decided to have the movie as it is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

hey thanks for your thoughts on the film! i enjoyed the film too although i could only watch the edited version. many were unhappy about the decision to screen the edited version and some even said to boycott the film in Singapore and go elsewhere to catch it or get it on DVD. thanks god, the full version will be showing in Singapore on Nov8 Razz .
btw don't you think Tony outdid himself again? he presented a superb performance Wink

wan yu
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: