TonyLeung.Info
This is an Archival Discussion Board (2003-2012)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   
Click here to go to 2013- New Tony Board

Andy Lau shocked by sex scenes in 'Lust, Caution'

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Andy Lau shocked by sex scenes in 'Lust, Caution'

Andy Lau shocked by sex scenes in 'Lust, Caution'

The Associated Press

Thursday, October 11, 2007

HONG KONG: There's too much lust in "Lust, Caution" for Andy Lau.

The veteran Hong Kong actor-singer says he was shocked by the sex scenes in the new Ang Lee spy thriller and that he would have never agreed to star in the film.

"Lust, Caution," which won the top Golden Lion prize at the recent Venice Film Festival, is about the sexually charged relationship between an undercover activist and a ruthless intelligence official in the Japanese-allied government in World War II-era Shanghai.

It features violent, abusive sex scenes that have earned the movie restrictive ratings in the U.S., Hong Kong, Taiwan and Malaysia.

Lau, 46, said in a news update posted on his official Web site Thursday he was impressed by the performance of contemporary fellow Hong Kong star Tony Leung Chiu-wai, who plays the intelligence official Mr. Yi.

"I can't believe Tony knew that he had to stage such a daring performance when he agreed to star in the movie. Honestly, I couldn't portray that character. I wouldn't take the role if I knew (about the explicit sex scenes)," said Lau.

"Tony is really stunning," he said.

Alice Tam, a spokeswoman for Lau, said Thursday director Lee did not approach Lau about the role of Mr. Yi in "Lust, Caution."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/11/arts/AS-A-E-CEL-Andy-Lau-Lust-Caution.php
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: