TonyLeung.Info
This is an Archival Discussion Board (2003-2012)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   
Click here to go to 2013- New Tony Board

2007 - Lust, Caution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Marie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Keep those pictures from Lust, Caution coming. How interesting that Tony finally looks his actual chronological age in this film. A man in his 40s should show some of his life experience in his face. It makes him just that much more interesting. I'm in my 40s, and I just don't see what Demi Moore sees in Ashton Kushner (well, looking past the obvious, which gets old quicker than you might think). After a short while, the idea of going to bed every night with the Energizer Bunny begins to seem a bit scary. Wink As you get older, you begin to see that some things really are better savored slowly and consciously.

Marie
Info

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Info

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject:

Pungyo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject:

I love Tony's face... I think he looks his very best at this very moment in time. I've always believed that a man is most desirable between the ages of 45 and 60... and I've even felt that way when I was in my 20's and 30's. As long as they keep themselves healthy, they are still young enough to be physically attractive, yet mellowed from their wild and crazy days. Laughing I agree with Marie, young men do nothing for me... even when I was their age. They're too dramatic!

I think it takes longer for men to "grow up" and around age 45, they're perfect. Wink

-K

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:

well, one must mention there's a nice make-up work to make TL look older.... besides his stern expression in this movie has nothing in common with what i've seen of him before
fung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject:

here is a poster displayed in the lightbox along HK's MTR stations right now... more will be coming...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Info on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Marie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Well, the New York and Hollywood liberal establishment seem to have turned their noses up at Lust, Caution. The Village Voice published a dismissive review of the film (that I won't bother to post because it says nothing of consequence). I think Ang Lee is right, Western film critics (not sure yet about audiences) don't get this film. They don't understand Asian sexual politics nor the tense politics surrounding the revisioning of the Sino-Japanese and WWII era in the East that is currently going on. How sad that these critics, whose poor ratings will keep droves of educated and open-minded film goers away from this movie, don't even understand what they don't know. I am encountering this incomprehension even in my little world. No one I know can understand what I find so appealing about Leslie Cheung. The most I can get out of one of them is "he's weird". They don't get the gender bending wildman/woman of his concert tours and how he was pushing the envelope of acceptable representations of male sexuality (straight and gay). I find watching videos of his big concerts absolutely exhilerating. I think he was a tremendous entertainer, from the concept to the costumes to the lightening, and he could really deliver a song. The songs aren't too shabby either. Some of them I cannot get out of my head, and I don't understand a word he is singing! Somehow dismissing Leslie Cheung as "weird" doesn't do an artist of this stature justice. Same with the ignorant reviews of Lust, Caution. All in "my humble opinion", of course.

Marie
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject:

34 photos of Lust, Caution in low-res and high-res at www.rottentomatoes.com. I think all of these pictures have already been posted on this site, but the option to download hi-res versions of each photo at rottentomatoes is a plus.

In addition to photos, the Lust, Caution page at rottentomatoes has a collection of professional reviews, a fan forum, photos, trailers, news, etc. This is a great site to read a wide variety of reviews on films you might think of renting, buying or seeing in a theater. In addition to "professional" reviews from the print media, there are also fan reviews. I have used this site on numerous occasions and it has been quite helpful.

Marie
Marie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject:

James Shamus (co-writer, producer) interviewing Ang Lee (in 5 parts) on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5530362_1/102-2505219-6099335?ie=UTF8&docId=1000110121&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=special-offers-1&pf_rd_r=1T2HW94SS99DN3DKZZS6&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=311976901&pf_rd_i=B00005JPTC

If this link doesn't work, the interview segments are part of something called the "Lust, Caution Boutique" on amazon.com. Top notch interview by the two men who brought Lust, Caution to the screen.

Marie
Info

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject:

Info

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject:

Korea Official Website: http://www.lustcaution.co.kr/
Info

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject:

Posters

Spanish version

UK version

Korean version

Japanese version

Info

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Info on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: