TonyLeung.Info
This is an Archival Discussion Board (2003-2012)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   
Click here to go to 2013- New Tony Board

My own "critique" of Chungking Express

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: My own "critique" of Chungking Express

I have only watched two movies, "Chungking Express" & "In The Mood For Love", both of which he won best actor awards for. Think I will watch more of his movies in future.

In "Chungking Express", I must admit that he was hot in the love scene. Very much so. The sexual connotation with the plane was an excellent symbol, since it's the girl's occupation. Also, the plane's tail was phallic and the way it was pointing was errr..... go watch.

I liked Tony Leung's and Faye's part better. That's because it's more focused on the characters. I personally felt that the first part relied more on visuals; the wig, sunglasses and the cinemotography. The second part was more on the acting.

In "Chungking Express", besides talking to his objects in the house, which I liked, another aspect which I liked is the way he counts his money and puts it on the counter everytime he's paying for something. I don't know about you, but for me it shows me he's careful with his money and a very precise person. A very little thing, but it adds on to the flavour of the character.

"In The Mood For Love" was a lot about the visuals. One aspect, which made I love in the middle of this serious film, was when the two key characters both asked each other what their respective spouse liked to eat and then proceed to order the dishes and eat them. Besides being slightly comical, it shows how hard they were trying to fit in with the other and how hard they were working at their "love".

You can also tell how much WKW spent on that film. Besides the much acclaimed cheongsams, the sunflower curtains, the telegram service, the ancient typewriter that Maggie Cheung typed on in the film, I can tell how much hard work WKW put in to the details.

Think I will catch more WKW's films.....
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: