TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
It seems you brave one still spent a lot of time outdoor. 7K is quite a long distance to me for a day Very Happy . Guess one doesn't melt in rain, so why not venture to Yau Ma Tei, visit the police station and the wholesale fruit market. Wonder if you can buy small quantities of very fresh fruits Wink Question .

Always. Always outside when I`m not sleeping. That`s where the fun and excitement is. Wink And don`t forget the food!! Lotsa Fruits available at that market.

yitian wrote:
If you can't buy fruits, there is always HK style ice cream and fried eggs with tomato. I love both, and I probably can eat 10 portions of these on a good day Shocked Laughing . I think it's likely every Chinese can make fried eggs with tomato - it's delicious and easy to make Drool . BTW, the "Matcha Ice Cream" from Häagen-Dazs is obtainable in the US, I from time to time go indulging myself Very Happy .

I can´t make that dish, lost the recipe. Brick wall The matcha ice cream is not available in Germany.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I wanted to go to Cape D`Aguilar. Haven`t been there and forecast says rain. So why not a short hike/walk. But when I arrived in Shau Kei Wan bus terminus, the place that connects with Shek O, there has been loads of people waiting for bus #9 to Shek O. Shocked I was suddenly no more in the mood for this place, since I like it quiet and prefer to be alone in the woods with only the sound of nature around me.
Look for yourself.

But there are always several options, one has the ability to decide - and I`m not so good at that. Embarassed In the end I ended up at IFC waiting for green minibus #1 to The Peak. I wanted to hike a short trail to Aberdeen reservoir which I haven`t done before.

Minibus station

That was what I needed. Nice and quiet with no people around. In Love

Nice dragonfly. Zoom in. I did this with my mobile with zero zoom. Thank you dear beautiful creature for being so patient. Giving a kiss

Along the way, nice and quiet. Only the birds were singing and there was some noise from the cicada. A rippling of a stream here and there and only a handful people.

I did this with my compact camera and 40x zoom. Amazing!

Further on I`ve seen a kind of spider I have never seen before. iNaturalist tought me this is a Garden Orbweaver. Zoom in. It looks like a smiley with sunglasses. Laughing

Ending point was Aberdeen. Tin Hau temple.

And lunch/dinner, call it as you like. Unfortunately this place has no english name. But I went in and there was a young guy speaking english. He told me he has no enlish menu. Since it was a BBQ shop I ordered BBQ pork with rice. Seems it was a set and it included some very nice soup.

In the evening I had a training with AR Hong Kong.

Tamar park.

Tomorrow I will be hiking with a group I never hiked before. We`ll see.
Nighty night!
yitian

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite a brief shock at the #9 bus station, you must had another great day Very Happy.

Thanks for another set of pix of nature. Amazing you can get so close (zoomed or not) to these living creatures. I particularly like the spider, it really looks COOL Cool . I also like dragonflies, especially after you showed us a red one standing on the tip of a flower bud few years ago. Plus, just listen to the sound of nature at these no crowd of people places, one can easily spend a whole day.

Tin-Yau wrote:
And lunch/dinner, call it as you like...
Lunner or Dinch Laughing. It looks like a good, substantial set. Guess your stomach won’t be complaining of emptiness for a while afterwards.

Tin-Yau wrote:
I don’t suppose you had an ultra high tech training on that huge THING (wheel)! Shocked

Cheers and enjoy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Despite a brief shock at the #9 bus station, you must had another great day Very Happy.

Thanks for another set of pix of nature. Amazing you can get so close (zoomed or not) to these living creatures. I particularly like the spider, it really looks COOL Cool . I also like dragonflies, especially after you showed us a red one standing on the tip of a flower bud few years ago. Plus, just listen to the sound of nature at these no crowd of people places, one can easily spend a whole day.

That was a shock.
Well the spiders just hang in their nets, one "just" has to spot them and the dragonfly was extremely patient with me. I guess it´s all in the language. Laughing

yitian wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
I don’t suppose you had an ultra high tech training on that huge THING (wheel)! Shocked ...

Nah. That`s the observation wheel at central ferry piers. Never went on it though. But it`s on my list, which is getting longer then shorter.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went on a hike to "Tai Po Kau Nature Trail" with a hiking group I`ve never hiked before. It`s a small friendly group wich does hikes mostly on weekends. They are a nice mix of locals and expats. One studies German since 10 years and she practised her German on me. Can you imagine if one hasn`t spoken German in 12 days how difficult it is to use that language? Laughing In my head was quite often a english-german-cantonese mix of words. Laughing

The entrance to the walks. "-s" because there are different walks of different lenght available.

Nice mushroom along the way.

Dense jungle

Obviousely we`ve gotten into his territory. He was quite curious, walked by past our group several times. He was on alert but stayed calm.

2 big mushrooms

Very nice place

The path, disappearing in the jungle.

A moth clinging to a leaf during rain

Nice view. You can see dark clouds. Forecast says rain for the most time next week. Sad

No idea about tomorrow. There will be the "Wings For Life World Run" tomorrow evening in Sha Tin and I have no idea if I can post, or if there ist anything to post tomorrow.

Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to make scrambled egg with tomato:

YouTube links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj9_luDe7EE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TuaVXQvc4k

The first video is in English, but he used far too much salt and sugar in my opinion Shocked . However, you can use this video as a general guide. The second one is in Cantonese, it is more or less like what I would do.

In addition, I like to add a little freshly ground pepper or cooking wine. You can be creative by adding other spices you like, e.g. chili.

Easy, isn’t it Very Happy. ?

About your today's outing, thanks for beautiful pix of these amazing areas. Huge (maybe toxic) mushrooms and a curious monkey. S/he's got guts to go so close to you guys Shocked Very Happy . And the moth, is it as transparent as your incredible pic shows? I guess not, it is more likely that your pic taking skills makes it looking so interestingly thumbright . Enjoy whatever you will do tomorrow (actually today in HK).
Safran

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a quick look at your threat as often as possible, I enjoy your beautiful "Sketches of HK" very much....as well as the pics of mouth watering meals and colourful little creatures you meet. GREAT pics as usual ! Very Happy
Best wishes for your run today, Heike thumbleft

Many thanks to you, yitian, as well: Your humorous comments make me smile and the recipe-links are very helpful Wink flower

Take care, dear girls ! Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
How to make scrambled egg with tomato: ...

Thanks for the links. Giving a kiss Will try it for sure.

yitian wrote:
About your today's outing, thanks for beautiful pix of these amazing areas. Huge (maybe toxic) mushrooms and a curious monkey. S/he's got guts to go so close to you guys Shocked Very Happy . And the moth, is it as transparent as your incredible pic shows? I guess not, it is more likely that your pic taking skills makes it looking so interestingly thumbright . Enjoy whatever you will do tomorrow (actually today in HK).

Glad you like the photos!
The monkey or these monkeys are quite common in the HK country parks. Important is that one does not look them in the eyes, seems to make them agressive. Yes, the wings of the moth are transparent. Waiting for the ID on iNaturalist. In the meantime I love this app.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Having a quick look at your threat as often as possible, I enjoy your beautiful "Sketches of HK" very much....as well as the pics of mouth watering meals and colourful little creatures you meet. GREAT pics as usual ! Very Happy
Best wishes for your run today, Heike thumbleft

Many thanks to you, yitian, as well: Your humorous comments make me smile and the recipe-links are very helpful Wink flower

Take care, dear girls ! Waving

Glad to see you, Helga! Also glad you like my photos.
You take care, too!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good wishes for the run tonight, you two! Today was race-day but first a nice but wet walk along Bowen Road.
As far as I remember, I never took you there, right?
But first first Laughing breakfast at Lung Fung Cafe in Sheung Wan. What I like about this place, they use the air con as less as possible, didn`t use it this morning at all. thumbright
Noodles, sweet corn, scrambled egg, sausage and milk tea.

Flower market in Wan Chai

City boundary marker on Bowen Road

View over Happy Valley

Lover`s Rock. Where does the name come from , I wonder Think

My friend. Some statues are left there

I`m really curious who he is. Anybody? He looks interesting.

And again, dinner/lunch, whatever. Spicy noodles. I ordered little spicy, but that was fire! I mean, I like spicy food but that was, almost eatable.

Briefing before the start. About 160 people took part in this run in Sha Tin, over 120.000 world wide. AMAZING!!!

We had to run a 3.8km loop around Shing Mun River. That was the finish area where the one`s how already got cought cheered on the still remaing. It really was a fun event and I hope to be able to run here next year too.

A little helper at an intersection.

The run itself went well. I just ran like I felt, started for me quite fast. I took part in the run in Munich in 2016 and 2018 and at each event I could go a bit more then 10 k. So I hoped for 10k but 9 would have been ok, regarding my training status. In the end I got a bit over 11k rambo . BUT I surely will die tomorrow because of my sore muscles. What to do! But it was so worth it. Right now I have no idea who won worldwide but the Sha Tin run was finished after 31,38k. Amazing!
yitian

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to another good run 🏃‍♀️ cheers , and thanks for showing the interesting pix and new places.

According to wiki, the Lover’s rock is a 9-metre-high granite monolith and is said to have the power of giving happy marriages for those who worshipped it.

Tin-Yau wrote:
I`m really curious who he is. Anybody? He looks interesting.
I guess this is Wu Song from the Chinese classic novel “Water Margin 水滸傳”, because he has a tiger under his foot. Recommend to read the book if you haven’t. See links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Margin and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Song.

Helga, good to see you. You take care too Pray .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Congrats to another good run 🏃‍♀️ cheers , and thanks for showing the interesting pix and new places.

Thanks. It`s been several new places this time. Always exciting to explore them.

yitian wrote:
According to wiki, the Lover’s rock is a 9-metre-high granite monolith and is said to have the power of giving happy marriages for those who worshipped it.
I guess this is Wu Song from the Chinese classic novel “Water Margin 水滸傳”, because he has a tiger under his foot. Recommend to read the book if you haven’t. See links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Margin and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Song.

Interesting thing about lover`s rock, not many people there.
Thanks for the info about Water Margin. I will look for the book, just because that statue looks so interesting.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for today, at first I wanted to go hiking, but forecast said rain so Cheung Chau it was.
That`s a long worm

There I visited a beach/temple I`ve never been to though I`ve been to Cheung Chau many times.
Nam Tam Wan, it`s a bit hidden and was without any people, except the ones who take care of it.
Tin Hau temple

You can see, the weather was not so good. Carefully spoken. Nice view though.

Gwun Yam, I guess

Nice and patient Large Faun

Changeable Lizard

After seeing him I walked further along the path an saw something dark in colour and long with yelloiwsh stripes lying on a rock about 2.5m away from me. Then I suddenly realized, this is a King Cobra Shocked Shocked Shocked It was about 1.5m long. Like last week with the Chinese Cobra, I couldn`t react, I was so fascinated to see this creature. When it noticed me, I just looked didn`t get closer, it raised, flared it`s hood and quickly went into hiding under a rock. Wow! Sorry no photo. Only memories.

Lunch. Flat noodles and deep fried prok chop.

Coming weekend is Bun Festival on Cheung Chau and every club seems to get ready for this event.

Must have been thousands of buns

Preperations where it will happen

Dim Sum anyone?

My Dim Sum dinner was ... not so good. It lacked flavour. Never had such ... yes ... bad Dim Sum.
Fried pork buns - more dough then filling and it tasted like it`s been in the freezer, defrosted and frozen again shaking , BBQ pork rolls - no BBQ flavour at all and it was with zucchini Shocked , egg plant - was OK.

In the afternoon I had some fish balls, they tasted really good.

No idea about tomorrow, because forecast says rain which already started. Rolling Eyes
yitian

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pix showing new places, food and intro Exclamation salute .

Most memorable stories for me are
- your encounter with a king cobra, definitely one shouldn't try to take any pic and pay full attention on the THING, just in case it will turn into an attack mode Shocked evil . Please be very careful.
- seeing the big eye of large fawn (first time learn its English name - thanks). I'm wondering whether the eye is a compound eye (like those seen on flies) Question Think
- first time to hear "bun festival" and actually see so many buns Very Happy .
- your bad dinner. Sorry to hear this, guess you have put down a note so you will not revisit this restaurant Wink .

Hope you were not very sore today and enjoyed every bit except the dinner. Cheers.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Thanks for the pix showing new places, food and intro Exclamation salute .

Glad you like them!

yitian wrote:
Most memorable stories for me are
- your encounter with a king cobra, definitely one shouldn't try to take any pic and pay full attention on the THING, just in case it will turn into an attack mode Shocked evil . Please be very careful.
- seeing the big eye of large fawn (first time learn its English name - thanks). I'm wondering whether the eye is a compound eye (like those seen on flies) Question Think
- first time to hear "bun festival" and actually see so many buns Very Happy .
- your bad dinner. Sorry to hear this, guess you have put down a note so you will not revisit this restaurant Wink .

About the snake, I got the GPS on my photo Wink and will got back to, maybe, see it again. From a healthy distance, of course.
No idea about the eye of the butterfly, sorry.
Bun festival has quite a history as far as I know. Wiki or a Cheung Chau page should know more.
That is a "for sure" about the restaurant.

yitian wrote:
Hope you were not very sore today and enjoyed every bit except the dinner. Cheers.

I`m quite surprised that today was almost normal, apart from some hamstring problems. I felt some tension there already in the second round, it`s an old injury. Comes and goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: