TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD LUCK for tomorrow, Heike ! thumbleft Applause Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good wishes you two! Giving a kiss Waving
The run itself went ..., it might sound arrogant Embarassed , but it went exactly as I figured it out in my head: Start in the back of the starter field, pace around 7-7.30 min/km if possible (the pace of my last training runs have been between 7.30 and 8 minutes). Don`t let the others make you run too fast in the beginning > I do it my way. Some started way too fast and had to walk already after 1/2km. Brick wall I finished in 71 minutes which is a pace of roughly 7 minutes/km with no walking breaks ecxept at the water stations. If my garmin tells the truth. I have been running much faster, actually my best time in HK over 10k is a bit less the 64 minutes, as far as I remember. But at the stage of my fitness right now, that is all there is and I`m satisfied because I had the feeling I could have gone faster. But with nearly 2 weeks left here in HK I wouldn`t risk any muscular problems, especially when there is a hike scheduled for tomorrow.
But first: Early in the morning - the MTR isn`t even open yet. Let me gooo I need to run!

Bib and finsher medal

And breakfast (my stomach was complaining it`s empty during the run) or lunch, call it as you like. BBQ pork buns.

After the race and a nice chinese style body massage (unfortunately the therapist did only the back of my legs and the front was quite tense Sad ) on my way to check out Cape Collinsion lighthouse. I passed by a landmark wich is about to destroyed: The Excelsior Hotel.

Before I wanted to do some walking I needed some actual lunch: Preserved egg and pork congee, wouldn`t go without the deep fried dough sticks.

Further on, I found the path to the lighthouse and was awarded with ... a fence Confused

Well, it seems this little guy had pitty on my and came really close.
There is a challenge these days on iNaturalist and the app (great app, btw!) tells me this is a Pallas` Squirrel - learned something. thumbright

Further on I wanted so go to Pottinger Peak viewing compass. Would I have known the ascent was aound 200m I would have thought about it twice.
Must be an amazing view on a clear day. Shek O. You might remember that from my hikes on Dragon Back but from a different angle.

Also the views on the way down were quite nice.

And, another first for me since I visit HK: Wild boars. People feed them and they have lost their natural fear of humans.

This seems to be a small golden orb weaver but it`s legs look different from the one I`ve postet the other day.

And finally dinner. The area where I`m staying is FULL with restaurants. Right next to my place is a Lhaksa place, local restaurants but then I passed by a dim sum place and since I haven`t had dim sum this time yet, let`s gooo.
BBQ pork rice rolls and garlic spinach dumplings.

And dessert: Simmered coconut milk (cos sometimes I`m a little nuts Laughing and I love coconut) and snow fungus.

That`s it for today Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing first: Congratulations!! You disciplined and experienced runner did very well !!! Applause flower thumbleft salute . The medal you were eager to get looks deservedly nice and handsome Very Happy .

I know why your stomach was complaining emptiness during your run, it seems to me you nearly ate enough. Next time you can try to double the amount Wink .

Thanks for showing us with more nice pix of HK, especially the one that will no long be seen soon. Hopefully it will be replaced with a nicer one. Also thanks for introducing apps like iNaturalist. The introduction looks nice so I downloaded it. Will create an account and test it with some pix for amusement when I have more time Very Happy Very Happy . HK squirrel is so well fed and cute looking. But for wild boars, I will probably stay firmly away from them Shocked . Actually, squirrels could be dangerous too. I heard a news a year or 2 ago that there was a squirrel attacking people in a local park - someone suspected that it could be carrying rabies evil evil .

I read more about golden orb weaver, they seem to be benign. Is it possible more yellow color develops as a spider grow larger ? Think

Sleep tight and have a good day tomorrow sunny .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
First thing first: Congratulations!! You disciplined and experienced runner did very well !!! Applause flower thumbleft salute . The medal you were eager to get looks deservedly nice and handsome Very Happy .

Thanks.I agree, the medal is nice and it`s the only one I will be getting this time.

yitian wrote:
I know why your stomach was complaining emptiness during your run, it seems to me you nearly ate enough. Next time you can try to double the amount Wink .

Actually I had 2 raisin buns, usually that is enough. Confused But I`m always prepared for the worst case and carry some gel and some small pieces of grape suger with me in my running back pack. Wink

yitian wrote:
for showing us with more nice pix of HK, especially the one that will no long be seen soon. Hopefully it will be replaced with a nicer one. Also thanks for introducing apps like iNaturalist. The introduction looks nice so I downloaded it. Will create an account and test it with some pix for amusement when I have more time Very Happy Very Happy . HK squirrel is so well fed and cute looking. But for wild boars, I will probably stay firmly away from them Shocked . Actually, squirrels could be dangerous too. I heard a news a year or 2 ago that there was a squirrel attacking people in a local park - someone suspected that it could be carrying rabies evil evil .

I submitted over 30 species in the meantime. I can only learn from this app. The squirrel is fed by people and meets people every day very close, that`s my explanation why it`s not scared and came this close. I never thought of rabies Shocked of course, you are right!

yitian wrote:
I read more about golden orb weaver, they seem to be benign. Is it possible more yellow color develops as a spider grow larger ? Think

That`s what I thought, too.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today 2 friends took me to Ng Tung Chsai waterfalls in the Tai Po area. And it was quite exhausting getting there. I forgot to set my watch to tell you the ascent and the sore muscles from the run yesterday didnt make it any pleasurable. But slowly and easy did it.

The first photo is showing some nice colourful fungus. Hoping to get more info from iNaturalist.

Ng Tung Chai is actually 4 waterfalls, as far as I learned today. This is the bottom one.

This is the main waterfall. I have been told this is the tallest waterfall in HK.

The last one. I like the reflection.

On the way back, nice butterfly which sits still long enough so I can get a decent pic.

Now, the most exciting moment of today: My first cobra sighting

Shocked Shocked Shocked
At first I`ve seen the back half of it and said "oh look, a cobra" and then I was trying to get photos. I could get only 2, this is the better of them. I was so amazed to see that creature in the open and couldn`t get my eyes of it.
Look for the white marking close right of the green pole.
Sorry about the blurry pic but you can imagine how nervous I was. Took it from a safe distance, about 1,20/1,30m away.
Beautiful, isn`t it? There are 2 kinds of cobras here in HK, this one is a chinese cobra, the other one is called king cobra. Where did I learn that you wonder? "Hong Kong Snakes" group on FB! Great group, very informative!

Then we walked to the Lam Tsuen wishing tree. Fake tree. Fake oranges. Laughing

Appetizer at a Taiwanese restaurant in Tai Po.

Dinner. Spicy pork dumplings. And I tell you, they are really spicy!

And of course dessert. Red bean soup and glutinous rice balls filled with black sesame.

yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tough lady is totally amazing to complete this whole day adventure! Hope you get some good night sleep to relax and recharge for tomorrow thumbright Pray .

I like the fall with reflection too. It seems to me almost impossible to see reflection under a fall. Usually it is only seen on still water, but with the fall gushing down, how can this be seen?! Just for this, it makes this pic very special Very Happy.

The colorful fungus, definitely looks nice, but again it could be poisonous. I am curious what iNaturalist would name it.

COBRA ! Shocked Shocked Oh no. This is too scary. Good that you spotted it. Imagine you didn’t see it and accidentally had a face to face “hello” Shocked Crying or Very sad ...... Please be extra careful when going out in the beautiful wild places.

Your dessert with glutinous rice balls filled with black sesame makes me feel very hungry. However, I don’t think I can do this Laughing Laughing Laughing

Enjoy tomorrow...

Last edited by yitian on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
You tough lady is totally amazing to complete this whole day adventure! Hope you get some good night sleep to relax and recharge for tomorrow thumbright Pray .

Yitian, sometimes I too wonder where I get all the energy. Maybe it`s the city and all it`s "wonders". In Love

yitian wrote:
I like the fall with reflection too. It seems to me almost impossible to see reflection under a fall. Usually it is only seen on still water, but with the fall gushing down, how can this be seen?! Just for this, it makes this pic very special Very Happy.

Glad you like it!

yitian wrote:
The colorful fungus, definitely looks nice, but again it could be poisonous. I am curious what iNaturalist would name it.

Yes, my freinds reminded me too. I never would touch it. For safety reasons as well for the next person to admire it.

yitian wrote:
COBRA ! Shocked Shocked Oh no. This is too scary. Good that you spotted it. Imagine you didn’t see it and accidentally had a face to face “hello” Shocked Crying or Very sad ...... Please be extra careful when going out in the beautiful wild places.

I am aware these creatures are quite close around during hiking.
The interesting thing is, I wasn`t scared at all. Compared to the very first snake, I was nervous but not scared. Maybe because I wasn`t alone and/or I knew what kind of snake it is and how to behave (thank you FB group). I repeat myself but it was so, so beautiful and amazing to watch. I`m so grateful for this experience.

yitian wrote:
Your dessert with glutinous rice balls filled with black sesame makes me feel very hungry. However, I don’t think I can do this Laughing Laughing Laughing

No idea, there should be a link or a pic or something?
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today started with "eggsandwich to go". Laughing

I went to Diamond HIll to see the movie "Still Human", the one Anthony Wong got his best actor this year at the HK film awards. Big recommendation. A wonderful movie!
I was early so I killed some time in Chi Lin nunnery. I took you there before.

Inside Plaza Hollywood at Diamond Hill.

Luch. Hainan chicken.

Afernoon tea set. Fried rice with tomatoes. yummy

On my way home

In my neighbourhood.

View from Kwun Tong waterfront.

In the evening I joined a yoga session held by adidas runners HK.

yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoga! - the very durable lady is also very flexible, amazing thumbright thumbright

Thanks for the various views of HK, which shows many sides of the city one normally may not pay enough attention to. Also thanks for your recommendation of Still Human. It sounds like a good film, can’t wait for the release of DVD....

About the gif picture I posted yesterday, I don’t know why it doesn’t show Think . I could see it on my computer, but not on tablet or cell phone Shocked . Here is the link, hope you can open it directly on the web...
http://wx2.sinaimg.cn/large/005tMHFely1fcmbymopd5g30dm07k7wh.gif
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Yoga! - the very durable lady is also very flexible, amazing thumbright thumbright

Nope. That has been my very first yoga session.

yitian wrote:
Thanks for the various views of HK, which shows many sides of the city one normally may not pay enough attention to. Also thanks for your recommendation of Still Human. It sounds like a good film, can’t wait for the release of DVD....

Glad you like my photos. Same here, can`t wait for the DVD release.

yitian wrote:
About the gif picture I posted yesterday, I don’t know why it doesn’t show Think . I could see it on my computer, but not on tablet or cell phone Shocked . Here is the link, hope you can open it directly on the web...
http://wx2.sinaimg.cn/large/005tMHFely1fcmbymopd5g30dm07k7wh.gif

Still can`t see it "forbidden".
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today started with a nice 5k run along the harbourfront.

After that I met Agnes and Swan for lunch - Dim Sum time In Love

Spicy pork buns

Fried peppers and ... I forgot Embarassed It was delishious though.

Chickenfeet is a must

Avenue of stars. Handprints "with a view"

Outside a congee shop

After that I met a friend from AR HK, she took me to "Sky100". Yes I`ve never been there before. And yes, it`s a shame!
Along the way.

Amazing views from up there. Almost 400m above sea level.

Dinner. Congee with preserved eggs and pork and water spinach with garlic.

Dessert afterwards. Almondsoup and black sesame soup with glutinous rice balls with black sesame filling.

On my way back home. A view I never get tired of.

I like the reflections and the sky.

Forecast for tomorrow is quite wet. Rain wise. So I bought a ticket for the movie "P storm" at 11am. Afterwards I have no plans - yet. We`ll see.
Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Still can`t see it "forbidden".
I tried copy/paste the link to a new tab, the pic showed up. Not quite sure what was the problem Confused .

Thanks for another set of nice looking pics, especially the one with a pair of very special handprints Very Happy . HK skylines look so amazing, day or night love .

Tin-Yau wrote:
Fried peppers and ... I forgot... It was delishious though.
Could this be some kind of fried won ton (it has another name: 抄手) Question Very Happy

Have much fun tomorrow and stay dry.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Thanks for another set of nice looking pics, especially the one with a pair of very special handprints Very Happy . HK skylines look so amazing, day or night love .

Tin-Yau wrote:
Fried peppers and ... I forgot... It was delishious though.
Could this be some kind of fried won ton (it has another name: 抄手) Question Very Happy

Have much fun tomorrow and stay dry.

Thanks for trying again. It seems it should just not be. It`s OK.
Glad you like my photos again.
It was some kind of won ton, beef I guess but not sure. Embarassed
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was "lazy day". Yesterday my watch said a bit less then 27km (I ran 5k in the morning) and this evening it`s only 7k.
In the morning I went to Langham Place to watch "P Storm" starring Louis Koo, Lam Ka Tung, .... . A nice HK style action movie.

After that I just walked around a bit looking for some lunch, because I haven`t had breakfast and started to get hungry. It was after 1pm.
Yau Ma Tei wholesale fruit market. I wonder how long this nice old style looking building will be there. Sad

Then finally I found a place that looked interesting. Well the interesting thing was the advertisement outside said "spicy noodles" and I looove spicy stuff.
"Fatty pork and minced meat with rice noodles in chili soup" at Kam Ming Chiu Chow Restaurant in Yau Ma Tei. Sounds wonderful - IF it really IS spicy.
Long story short, it really was spicy. I could choose between little, medium and a lot spicy. I picked medium and it was just right. Staff was friendly and asked other guests to translate for me. I could choose between 2 different kinds of spicy, as far as I understood it was between sour and spicy and sweet and spicy. I picked the first.

Then by accident I walked past by former Yau Ma Tei police station. You all know this from many movies.

A bit further. Looks like a barber?

Tin Hau temple at Temple Street beautifully decorated, well they are about to.

A friend recommended that ice cream. What can I say, I went back for another one. Embarassed For me it`s on the same level of "delicious" with "Matcha Ice cream" from Häagen-Dazs Wink

And dinner. Steamed rice with tomatoes and scrambled eggs.

yitian

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you brave one still spent a lot of time outdoor. 7K is quite a long distance to me for a day Very Happy . Guess one doesn't melt in rain, so why not venture to Yau Ma Tei, visit the police station and the wholesale fruit market. Wonder if you can buy small quantities of very fresh fruits Wink Question .

If you can't buy fruits, there is always HK style ice cream and fried eggs with tomato. I love both, and I probably can eat 10 portions of these on a good day Shocked Laughing . I think it's likely every Chinese can make fried eggs with tomato - it's delicious and easy to make Drool . BTW, the "Matcha Ice Cream" from Häagen-Dazs is obtainable in the US, I from time to time go indulging myself Very Happy .

Continue to enjoy your stay flower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: