TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Just right now noticed: I'm too slow Rolling Eyes ....Sorry, Heike.
Once again BEST OF LUCK for tomorrow ! salute viking

Oh please Helga nooo, no need to say sorry. This is for you to enjoy, don't put pressure on yourself regarding replying!
Thanks for the wishes for tomorrow. It's a charity run for the Samaritan Befrienders HK, called McDull Charity Run. Will I get a McDull medal IF I reach the finish line?
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...I don`t believe in ghosts, well sort of ... but I believe in snakes and centipedes they scare me like hell. Maybe I should me let them chase me at tomorrow`s run. It would be a personal best for sure. Laughing ...

Yes, I forgot those creepy creatures. Add all together, I should keep myself one step more away Wink . As for running, I wish you all the best. Perhaps you can walk to the final line and claim your medal Laughing Laughing .

It is amazing you have come across so many kind people already. Perhaps kind people have greater chance to meet similar kind thumbright Very Happy .

The science park looks like an alien town Rolling Eyes . I wonder what it is like inside. In US, most science parks are built for kids. I wonder if this one is more attractive to kids too Question .

Good luck today. Enjoy but again, please don't force Very Happy Wink flower .
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my attempt for the translation:

On top of the pic, with the biggest characters, is 創龍社 Tsan Lung She OR literally translates: Dragon Establishment Society (guess this fits the name of this place, Lung Tsai Ng Yuan [龍仔恩園], Lung means dragon as you know Smile ). In vertical writing, this is flanked by the name and date of the organization who set up this place of worship (I downloaded your original pic but I still can’t be 100% certain of every character Sad ).

Below horizontally is 神恩庇祐, meaning: God Blessing
Right hand part of the couplet is 神恩庇祐水陸平安, meaning: God bless peace for the land and water
Left hand part of the couplet is 風調雨順國泰民安, meaning: Good weather ensure prosperity for the state and people

Sorry my English is too poor it doesn’t sound nearly as nice as the original verse in Chinese Sad .

Good luck for today's run Pray .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
... The science park looks like an alien town Rolling Eyes . I wonder what it is like inside. In US, most science parks are built for kids. I wonder if this one is more attractive to kids too Question .

Good luck today. Enjoy but again, please don't force Very Happy Wink flower .

HK Science Park is next to HKU. I`ve seen a building with signs saying "Biodiversity" something. So I think it`s not only for kids. Inside it`s, well honestly I`ve seen only restaurants and toilets. Laughing Very important things before and after a run! I`ve done several runs there already. Otherwise my impression is of a cold environment inside.

Thank you so, so much for your translation! So I was right with the dragon character. There are 2 dragons on the altar.

Thanks for the good luck wish!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was raceday. I was so nervous at the starting line like I haven`t been since quite some time, not even at my first half marathon last september. My legs felt OK after a few kilometers and I was quite positive that I could do it, run without a walking break, also heartrate was OK - always a good sign. I`m still waiting of the official result.
Here is my fisisher medal

On my way to the starting line

And where in the world can one get siu mai after a race? Only in HK!
In Love In Germany there usually is non alcoholic beer but I have to choose --- maybe it would depend on the temperature, today was quite cool, only around 20 degrees.

BTW: Watching the presentation ceremony from HK Film Awards, Louis Koo won best actor. I hope nobody in the building was startled because of my scream! Yes, so happy for him. Applause

In the afternoon I met Agnes for dim sum.

Egg plant

Red Date Cake

Garlic shrimp - as far as I remember

Chinese cucumber with jelly fish

Crispy bbq pork bun, I never had that before

No idea about tomorrow since the forecast says rain. And there will be rain. Also heavy rain is coming to HK tomorrow. Laughing
Moreover my legs feel quite sore already, so the less I have to move tomorrow the less pain for me, but I know I should walk a little to get the blood flowing and it will be better much quicker. Maybe I just watch Paradox on DVD. I also have to stay in my room untill noon then will the fan in my bathroom be changed. We`ll see.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flower C O N G R A T S, Heike Dancing Applause
What a GREAT DAY Very Happy....beginning with your successful sportive performance ( a funny medal Laughing )....later the
"Best Actor" for Louis Koo, ....and as icing on the cake, your extra delicious meal with a dear mutual friend !! love
In my opinion, it couldn't be better ! cheers sunny Applause
Have a good and restful
night ....and take it easy tomorrow, to recover ! Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for reaching to the finish line, especially for a good cause thumbleft sunny salute flower .

Your medal looks very nice and cute. I love pigs, one of the reasons is that they are very smart Very Happy .

Here is what comes to my mind when I saw your pic of runners waiting at the starting line: since all runners done carry anything, and you are one of them, how did you capture the pic? Conclusion: you have an implanted high tech camera Wink Laughing Laughing .

Your dim sum today with friend again looks delicious Drool . I see red date layer cake again. You really love this, hope you had the best Razz .

So lucky of you to be able to watch HKFA. I only watched some award ceremony on YouTube. Happy for all winners Applause . Perhaps you can watch the recap tomorrow too, as part of the activities on your rest / recovery day Wink .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wishes you too! You do know the famous children character McDull - the medal? Some HK actors give the characters in these stories their voice. I especially like Anthony Wong. If you don`t know McDull, check it out on youtube.

Yes Louis Koo best actor, my neighbors didn`t call the cops, so maybe my yes-scream when he won wasn`t that much of a desturbance Laughing .
I`ve seen the ceremony via livestreaming.

Haha Yitian, no such camera just my mobile. Those runners you see in the very front, well they mean it and fight for the first places. Humble I-want-just-to-finish me, I have pockets in my running shorts which can carry my mobile and I run with a runner`s backpack. Well, my keys and wallet need to be taken care of - I travel alone remember. Also I usually never run in HK without some warter or sportsdrink, i also carry magnesium if I should get cramps and a gel - you never know and if it`s not for me maybe someone else needs it - it happened before. Results will be announced on wednesday evening, to wait so long is torture.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today started with a nice breakfast in Hoi On cafe. Noodles with ham, and pineapple bun with butter, I also had milk tea love

After that I hopped on the ding-ding and went to Tai Hang. I read that there is a Tin Hau Temple which was (probably) built in 1863. Also the tecincian should come at 1pm to fix my fan, so I couldn`t go far. and punctual as we Germans are, I did not want to be late.

The temple Lin Fa Kung

Inside was, ... I have never seen a temple like that. It has something special, I might go back.

Tai Hang is famous for it`s fire dragon festival during mid autumn festival.

In the end the tecnicion didn`t show up, which is quite annoying, don`t you agree? Time wasted.

Dinner at Katong Laksa Prawn Mee, Sheung Wan. That place and it`s food did sound very interesting in OpenRice and it also is quite close to where I live, so why not give it a try.

I had "Y". Of course I have no idea how Laksa should taste but that was delishious! Spicy. Coconutty. Yummy! And I will be back!

After that I walked a bit around. This is Hollywood Road Park

Then I went to Aberdeen. Those buildings are on Ap Lei Chau

Tomorrow I would like to go to Cheung Chau if the rain subsides. There is Tin Hau festival these days.
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I see you're so well prepared for this run. Good luck to hear good news/results on Wednesday. Wonder why it takes them so long to announce the result Rolling Eyes .

I love Laksa too - should've thought you'd love this rice noodle since you like spicy food. I had this many many times at our local Malaysian restaurants Drool . You should also try some Thai and Indian food when you get a chance Very Happy .

Of your pics today, I love the last one the most. Beautiful reflection with a little bit of gold and red blended in love .

Sorry to hear the technician who should come to fix your fan at 1pm didn't show up. This kind of behavior is quite common in US - I heard too many excuses like "my truck broke down" Sad . Too bad one can only adhere to one's own moral standard. Maybe have some more delicious food, you will feel less annoyed Wink Very Happy . Hope your fan gets fixed soon Pray .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Ha, I see you're so well prepared for this run. Good luck to hear good news/results on Wednesday. Wonder why it takes them so long to announce the result Rolling Eyes .

Well I`m running now for about 4 years, in that time you get some experience, you`ve tested some things. Wink I too wonder why it`s taking them so long. In much bigger events like the Einstein Marathon in Ulm, they publish the results shortly after you finished, inofficially of course but you have at least something you can compare to what your mobile or hart rate monitor says. This is killing me. Patience what is that?!

yitian wrote:
I love Laksa too - should've thought you'd love this rice noodle since you like spicy food. I had this many many times at our local Malaysian restaurants Drool . You should also try some Thai and Indian food when you get a chance Very Happy .Wink

Oh I had Indian and Thai food before, I like it.

yitian wrote:
Of your pics today, I love the last one the most. Beautiful reflection with a little bit of gold and red blended in love .

I love reflections in water, no matter if it`s day- or nighttime.

yitian wrote:
Sorry to hear the technician who should come to fix your fan at 1pm didn't show up. This kind of behavior is quite common in US - I heard too many excuses like "my truck broke down" Sad . Too bad one can only adhere to one's own moral standard. Maybe have some more delicious food, you will feel less annoyed Wink Very Happy . Hope your fan gets fixed soon Pray .

It seems not common here, my landlord was sorry for that.
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Heike
You hopefully recovered well meantime ...and take things a bit easy at first Wink
Yesterday, I unfortunately deleted my comment by mistake.

The temples you visited are really impressive and unique...and definitely worth to
revisit thumbleft
The dinner you had at that "new" eating place looks very delishes Drool ....I wish I could taste ( it is most practically located also, near your accomodation !....haha.)Afterwards
it would be my pleasure to accompany you at your evening-walk on this great location Very Happy
(I hope the annoying fan-problem could be solved meanwhile Rolling Eyes , not to waste more of your time).
Cheers ! ...See you soon
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I went for a short run along the harbourfront. It was only 17 degrees, chilly.

Then I went to Cheung Chau.

Then ... I`m not sure if I ever showed you this Guan Gung temple on Cheung Chau? It`s not easy to find, a bit hidden, not on the main touristy paths.

Inside is a, I`d say almost man sized wooden statue.

Poster for the cantonese opera.

Bamboo tent

Inside

Just look at those costumes

I watched the whole show. Got myself some "whaat?!" looks from the locals.Laughing Cost me 100HK$ and it was worth it. Not that I could understand anything, I was told it`s a love story, but ... yes I just like it. I woulnd´t watch or listen to a cantonese opera every day but if there is a chance, why not.

After that I was in the mood for something sweet. French toast and yuen yeung, a mixture of milk tea and coffee. For me that cup had the perfect balance, not too much of each - yummy.

For dinner I went again for Laksa. It was quite chilly and I thought something hot could make me warm. a bit If you go back to the menue I`ve posted yesterday, I had 5a, veggies (my guess is water spinach, which I also like with chillies and tofu love ), egg, bean sprouts, tofu - YUMMY.

No idea about tomorrow, since my achilles tendonitis (chronic) is kinda acting up Confused

Only 8 days left. Sad

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
The temples you visited are really impressive and unique...and definitely worth to revisit thumbleft
The dinner you had at that "new" eating place looks very delishes Drool ....I wish I could taste ( it is most practically located also, near your accomodation !....haha.)Afterwards

And you would be very much welcome, Helga!

Fan problem is not yet fixed, landlord said he will have it fixed when I`m gone not to waste any more of my precious time.
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy salute ! ...cheers

Don't be sad Heike Wink....STILL 8 further beautiful days to come ! flower... Lucky you !

So you did spend another pleasant and and exciting day beyond the touristic destinations thumbleft
The huge bamboo tent for the Cantonese Opera performance is amazing...esp. inside. I think this bamboo-construction probably
even withstands heavy storm and rain.
(Btw: I can clearly see the peoples reactions (99,9 % Chinese audience - I suppose ) in my minds eye Shocked Laughing )
With this kind of tasty and spicy, vegetarian dinner, even me "Fleischfresser"(carnivore) wouldn't miss meat at all ! Laughing

I wish you a restful night (with significant improvement of your chronic pains) .... bright weather for tomorrow's (easy !) explorations...and last but not least: A fixed fan, finally ! Razz Waving
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: