TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HongKong 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C O N G R A T S , Heike cheers

So you really did it Very Happy... and finished the run . B R A V O Applause: thumbleft
And additionslly managed to post us more beautiful harbour pics love:

Have a GOOD SLEEP....and hopefully not toooo heavy legs ("Spatzen") tomorrow Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:

Congratulations for completing the race with a better than expected performance, especially under a humid condition thumbleft Applause . 6'19"/km seems to me is an incredible speed Very Happy .

Hope you had a good nite rest, and will soon be fully recharged for your next race Very Happy .

In addition, thanks for taking extra effort to share with us more pix of beautiful HK love . I never get tired to see them, but hope you didn't sacrifice your sleep time to do it doe us Embarassed .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the congrats. Smile

Yitian, that wasn`t all I can do, at least not at home. My personal best time over 10k is 59 mins 54 sec. But it was a cool autumn morning in the beautiful city of Ulm, the place where Einstein was born. Wink

As for today, I was having breakfast when I received a notification that the hiking meetup I wanted to join this morning was cancelled due to the expected rain. Sooo what to do? No biggie, the combination Ngong Ping and Tai O is always a good option on rainy days. So I hopped on a ferry, cos ferries are always fun, especially the "ordinary" ones, they are slower and the lower deck has no windows.

Rain is expected.

And it did.
I was seeking shelter in the entrance of a toilet, I wasn`t alone there. Some old ladies did argue about whether to go outside or not, one said to another in cantonese, "what are you afraid of, it`s just water". I so had to laugh.

At Po Lin monastery.

My vegetarian lunch at the monastery, sorry it`s very blurry but it`s the only pic I`ve got. Embarassed
The brown round stuff are mushrooms.

Lantau Peak from the big buddha, one day I`ll be up there again.

At Tai O, the HK - Zhuhai - Macau bridge to-be-built. Is it just me that my heart bleeds when I see that beautiful nature destroyed? Just around the corner is the place where the last "pink dolphins" can be found.

Wildlife

Back in Central

Time for dinner. Fried spaghetti with black pepper and beef at 5 dragon restaurant.

I haven`t had anything there that didn`t hit my taste.

In Love
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked, the results from yesterday`s race are online. Fastest finished in 32:52 AMAZING!
Also the pics are online, seems I`m not in a single one of them, though I`m easy to spot since I was wearing a white cap. Isn`t that a bit sad? Sad

http://hkrunners.com/node/6198

OK, I take it back. I`ve found one pic at the organizer`s website. Shocked
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the run and thanks for posting some lovely photos.

Tin-Yau wrote:
At Tai O, the HK - Zhuhai - Macau bridge to-be-built. Is it just me that my heart bleeds when I see that beautiful nature destroyed?

I feel the same. The bridge will be convenient for some but we'll lose out on the view that we can never get back.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a b e a u t i f u l rainy day ! ... love:
Many THANKS ( once again Wink )... for sharing your great pics flower

( Did not recognize you on any of the foto's Crying or Very sad )
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heike,

You did very well in HK climate. Very Happy
It seems to be hot and humid day even in the morning.

Thanks again for more pictures. Wink
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to endlessly thank you for your beautiful pix Very Happy . The red crab, somehow reminds me your favorite figure "Guang Gung", Laughing Laughing .

The dish with mushroom, I'm pretty sure is the re-hydrated "shiitake mushroom", which has a strong flavor. There is a fresh version and I prefer, but these dried ones are easy to rehydrate and cook. If you like the flavor, you may consider bring a pack of dried mushroom when you go back home Drool Very Happy .

BTW, if you compare to the 32' run, you're a bit slower; but if you compare to my speed, yours will be much much better because mine will be ∞' Laughing .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Paul. I could scream in anger each time I`m there. cussing
Glad you like my photos!

Eri, what can I say, I like the warm weather of HK rather then the cold one now in Germany.

Yitian, Guan Gung the red crab? Shocked haha
Those dried mushrooms are available in "Asia Shops" in Germany too!

As for today ... not much. Went for a run in the morning but my left knee felt a bit strange, so I stopped after 6k. It`s allowed to nag, it`s been operated on twice already - torn ligament and problems afterwards.

After that I had breakfast at the Hoi On cafe

My lunch

Then I had the chance to see "Port of call" and since it was really a rainy day, I went to the museum of history. It has been recommended by a friend some years ago and today was finally the time to visit it.

And for dinner, what can I say ... I had such an urge for a pizza. Shocked
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Those dried mushrooms are available in "Asia Shops" in Germany too!

So, there is a little Asian flavor in Germany too Very Happy .
Tin-Yau wrote:
...it`s been operated on twice already - torn ligament and problems afterwards.

Shocked .... You're so tough Exclamation , please take care while enjoying running Pray .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
...Those dried mushrooms are available in "Asia Shops" in Germany too!

So, there is a little Asian flavor in Germany too Very Happy .

Yes ... umm but I don`t know how to make them. Embarassed

yitian wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
...it`s been operated on twice already - torn ligament and problems afterwards.

Shocked .... You're so tough Exclamation , please take care while enjoying running Pray .

I`m not tough - sometimes I´m stubborn, just like to exercise.

Breakfast, fired eggs and tomatoes sandwich and milk tea.

Today I wanted to visit "Wing Lee Street" the place where scenes from "Echoes of the rainbow" have been shot. Buildings there are in the 50s style and very unique and, in Hong Kong`s desperate need for living space, endangered to be destroyed.

http://ax3battery.com/2013/06/03/echoes-of-the-rainbow-on-wing-lee-street-hong-kong/

Another old building, looks abandoned, on my way to central.

Since the weather was nasty today, I thought, hey you can go to the peak always in sunshine, let`s do something different. Idea

But then, the creatures came out.
I hope I`ll be quicker then her next sunday.

You can see how humid it was.

Centepedes cuddle up

Then I went to a new designed ? shopping area. Question

And since the internet is full of hype about potato chips from "Calbee +" I though I give it a try.
For me the spicy kind. They also had sweet variations but I was in the mood for something spicy.

Later I`ve seen "Trivisa" again. Maybe you remember I`ve seen this movie in Berlin already. But it`s good. Lam Ka Tung is doing such a great job as bad ass.

For dinner I went to Sang Kee for a bowl of juk. Meat and preserved egg. Yummy
Why is it waitresses always wonder aloud that foreigners are eating juk? They must expect to be understood by some of them. Rolling Eyes

And this is probably the cleanest public toilet I`ve ever seen. Shocked

yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin-Yau wrote:
...Yes ... umm but I don`t know how to make them. Embarassed

If you like the flavor of this kind of mushroom, I'll send you a simple recipe, somehow Very Happy Drool .

The pic of the path leading to the peak is amazing love . Also, the pix of those living creatures are astonishing, although I find worms a bit creepy, but the pix are worth saving for the quality Very Happy .
And, the hole on the ground... I haven't seen these for a long time Shocked Very Happy .
Thanks for sharing Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks yet again, for your great pics of your yesterday's historical/architectonical-.....zoological -....and "hygienical" Wink HK-sightseeing- tour, Heike thumbleft
Here about 8 h in the morning ( sunshine but still fresh 12 °C ).... I'm guessing you lucky girl on your afternoon explorations already Smile ( under much warmer weather conditions surely )
Enjoy and have much fun ! Waving

Dear yitian:
When you dig out your Shiitake (or other mushroom) recipies, please let me know as well Laughing ( Many thanks in advance )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
If you like the flavor of this kind of mushroom, I'll send you a simple recipe, somehow Very Happy Drool .

This would be highly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!

Safran wrote:
Here about 8 h in the morning ( sunshine but still fresh 12 °C ).... I'm guessing you lucky girl on your afternoon explorations already Smile ( under much warmer weather conditions surely )
Enjoy and have much fun ! Waving

Not at all Helga, I woke up this morning because of a thunderstorm and, what can I say, the rain went on all day long. Shocked

View from the window in my bathroom, then I went straight back to bed.

Breakfast. Roll filled with BBQ pork

Walking around in my neighborhood. Old building near Sai Ying Pun station.

After that, well what can one do in the rain in HK ... ? Right, junp on a "ding-ding" (a tram) and ride it from one end of HK island to the other. It`s 2,3HK$ (for Helga 8,2 HK$ are 1€) the whole way from Kennedy Town to Shau Kei Wan, which was about 1,5-2h. Razz Cheap and killing time AND sightseeing on HK island. thumbright

Nice foggy view around Kennedy Town

No idea where I made this

Somewhere in between I`ve bought a steamed bun filled with red bead paste. Oh so yummy. Went then back for another one. Embarassed

Tram Route Map

And since always exploring new kind of food here, I visited a "Mos Burger" place. It`s a japanese style burger joint. The burger I had was really good. The sauce is, of course, not your average mayo, ketchup stuff. It tastes as good as it looks!

Sorry some pics are a bit blurry but it`s hard to hold a camera steady in a bouncing tram.

Seems I have to buy a new mobile, mine is constantly restarting and I can`t switch the screen off anymore. Brick wall Shooting And it`s only 8 months old.
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for another day of entertainment Giving a kiss .

I will write up a simple recipe on weekend, while looking at your pix of delicious food Drool Very Happy .

I'm impressed with the Tram Route Map, it looks like a good guide to allow people to go around Very Happy . It must be very relaxed riding in a tram on a raining day; and, the fare is soooooo unbelievably cheap.

Good luck with your cell phone Pray . Maybe power it off and let it rest for few minutes would make it to behave properly again (I don't know what I'm talking about Embarassed) d'oh! .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: