TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Shang-Chi (Spoiler Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Finally watched the movie on the big screen in 3D...No matter whether you like this kind of movie or not: Tony is Tony sunny , is Tony sunny , is Tony sunny - unique and great Applause....and always a pleasure to watch ! love

Totally agreed! Glad you have watched and liked - at least scenes with Tony, which are a lot love . Tony is really amazing in this movie!! I have watched it twice now, with the second time a 3D. I love 3D - it puts Tony right in front of one's face, right at the beginning Laughing love . My 3rd viewing is planned for the so-called Dolby Cinema, which is a format of big screen with Dolby Atmos sound. The regular screen, some said is better than IMAX, should last the longest. New releases usually take over all these fancy screens first. so my 4th, 5th...nth will be on regular screen. I wonder how many times I am going to watch this Think Think Laughing .
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone and Tony,

I am thinking about seeing this movie with 4D dubbed or ordinary version with subtitles.

Here I found a message from Tony,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efVPbEC14iY&feature=emb_rel_end

Sorry Tony, I haven’t watched this yet.

Going to watch next week. Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eri flower

How nice to see you here again Smile
Many Thanks for posting Tonys most charming video-invitation love
Enjoy the movie, Tonys stunning performance and charisma.

Best regards from Austria Waving
Helga
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eri wrote:
Here I found a message from Tony,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efVPbEC14iY&feature=emb_rel_end

Hello Eri
Hope you will soon be able to enjoy the movie. Like Helga said, Tony’s performance is really stunningly outstanding 😍. In my opinion, Tony’s own voice adds weight to the performance. If possible, you may want to see both.
I am currently plowing through different formats in movie theaters, and totally enjoying each one of them 😍😍. I guess like Tony said in the video, he would “love” me for doing this Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing .
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again.

Thank you for your message Helga and yitian.

I watched Shang chi at 4DX theatre.
It was like a fun ride, moving chair with special effects like water splashing, wind, shooting air, smoke and nice scents at the village. In Love

When the scene of car chases, it was quite a rough ride.

It was dubbed when they are speaking in English but original sound with subtitles when they are speaking in Chinese.

Perhaps I want to concentrate more on the story next time, so I am going to choose the one with subtitles.
Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eri Waving
Wow.....Didn't know that a "4DX theatre"even exists ! Shocked Laughing
Hope you managed to focuse on Tony during your "rough ride" haha Wink

Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching in the 4DX theater does look like something special, thanks for sharing with us Eri Giving a kiss . I also heard that in 4DX, when punches are throwing around, audiences get every single one regardless the recipient is a good guy or a bad guy Laughing Shocked . If you have a chance, I highly recommend watching a version with the original sound track through out - Tony’s English is amazing 🤩. It definitely adds more weight to the performance 🎭 love love .
mary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul - You were right I had time to see Shang-Chi again, it's had a long run still on in some cinemas near me. Have managed to see it twice more enjoying every cinematic moment a rewarding pleasure seeing Tony on the big screen. Thanks again for starting this thread I've enjoyed reading every ones thoughts on this movie.

Glad to see it's done so well, a box office success everywhere.

Yitian - Hope you've managed to see it many times over experiencing it in many different screen formats. Always enjoy your posts like Helga you are enthusiastic and welcoming to every one who posts, thank you.

Helga - Hope you are well thank you as always for your kind welcoming words. Have you managed to see Shang-Chi again.

Eri - Loved the message you found of Tony online thanks for sharing. Hope all is well with you. I too have not heard of 4DX cinemas impressed with all this technology.

amy0208 - Lovely hearing of your experiences seeing Shang -Chi am sure your friend is now trying to see every Tony movie they can as once you find this marvellous actor you want to see everything he's done.

I'm at the moment enjoying a Tony Fest here as movies I've never seen on the big screen before are included in an Arts Festival Programme this week playing in a cinema near me.

I truly couldn't believe it when saw the programme.

It's Christmas come early

Wishing every one well...Mary
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear "The Grandmaster in Berlin" - travel companion flower
Always enjoy your warm lines here on board.
Great to hear about the Tony Fest in your town. I'm happy for you and wish I were there to enjoy these most wonderful Tony movies on the big screen once again love ....and at the same time meeting you once again. Very Happy
Wishing you well too, dear Mary 💕
Cheers !
Helga Waving

Take care thumbright , everyone !
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mary wrote:
Paul - You were right I had time to see Shang-Chi again, it's had a long run still on in some cinemas near me. Have managed to see it twice more enjoying every cinematic moment a rewarding pleasure seeing Tony on the big screen. Thanks again for starting this thread I've enjoyed reading every ones thoughts on this movie.

That's great you could see it again. I was able to watch it again too before it left theaters. I haven't seen it showing anywhere in 3D here. Maybe because it's difficult to watch in 3D with mask and 3D glasses get steamed up?

Quote:

I'm at the moment enjoying a Tony Fest here as movies I've never seen on the big screen before are included in an Arts Festival Programme this week playing in a cinema near me.

I truly couldn't believe it when saw the programme.

Wow, I'm extremely jealous. I would love that.
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been busy with weekly visit to the big screen, enjoying the rare event that Wenwu can be seen in almost every movie theater in the US love love . I then switched to Disney Plus two and half weeks ago, watching the documentary “Making of …” and few other bits and pieces. The movie is also available in both regular and IMAX formats. Blu Rays will be released tomorrow, but I haven’t decided which one to buy. I think I should settle down soon and focus on posting some movie reviews. I’m sure everyone has read plenty of them already, but this forum would be a great place to collect them Laughing .
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Yitian
What a great idea ! thumbright
I'm already looking forward to reading the numerous reviews Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: