TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HK 2019
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Operation HK 2019 Reply with quote

Hello dear friends, I`m back. cheers
I hope you are doing fine and we can dive together into some new adventures.
I arrived yesterday on time and WITH my suitcase. Thank you Finnair! thumbright
For the first day I thought last week "let`s jump right in" and signed up for a hike with the hiking meetup "Eye-Opener". The name sounds quite promising, isn`t it? The hike was called "Tung Chung to the Big Buddha on Monastery Path". All together we hiked 7k with 480m ascent in 2h12 min. We had nearly 30 degrees celsius and humidity was I guess in the 80s. So it was quite a workout.

Nice clear water. I was so tempted to jump right in. Our guide said "I wouldn`t blame you".

The path, always up. This is a straight shot, so you can imagine the incline.

All the monasteries are closed to tourists, pity

The airport

Ferry ride back

Dinner. Spicy beef and udon noodles

Dessert. Mango sago and coconut noodles

Aaand dessert after dessert. Matcha egg waffles.
Laughing Angel

As for tomorrow, I`d like to visit Hoi Ha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoi_Ha_Wan which is quite a trip. It will take me for about 2.5/3 hours to get there.
Not sure if I can post anything tomorrow, because in the evening I`ll join Adidas Runners HK for an (hopefully) easy evening training.
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike
Sooo nice to see you back here , sharing your "Operation HK 2019" at this nice place again cheers
The pics of your hot first day are GREAT !
(I wish I were with you on bord of the Ferry....the view is simply fantastic love

(Btw: Please forgive me, if I will possibly not be able to comment your postings regularily. For lack of spare time, I'll probably not manage as often as I would like to. Nevertheless I will do my best to visit this section and watch ...and I know, I will enjoy Razz )

HAVE A GREAT TIME in Hongkong, dear German friend thumbleft flower
yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy to see you back to the place you love so much, and without any hiccups Applause . Thank you, for taking us with you for this annual adventure flower .

Hope you had a good night sleep, after a full day of good workout to overcome jet-lag. I calculated that if your hike was on a constant slope, the angle would be 4 degrees all the way Shocked .

Thanks for the beautiful pix of HK scenery and delicious food. I am amused to see the writing on the pic for a monastery that goes with "十方" - this is the name in "Chinese Ghost Story III" Very Happy . Guess you've all seen that movie...

Hoi Ha Wan looks interesting on wiki. 5-6 hours going and back is a LOT. Guess you'll enjoy it better with all these effort to get there. Have a good time and we will see you only when you're feeling not too tired and have spare time Very Happy .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Hello Heike
Sooo nice to see you back here , sharing your "Operation HK 2019" at this nice place again cheers
The pics of your hot first day are GREAT !
(I wish I were with you on bord of the Ferry....the view is simply fantastic love

Hallo Helga! Glad you like my pics. This was a "regular" ferry. They are open on the sides for a full experience.

Safran wrote:
(Btw: Please forgive me, if I will possibly not be able to comment your postings regularily. For lack of spare time, I'll probably not manage as often as I would like to. Nevertheless I will do my best to visit this section and watch ...and I know, I will enjoy Razz )

HAVE A GREAT TIME in Hongkong, dear German friend thumbleft flower

Helga, don`t put yourself under pressure regarding posting. Just enjoy the photos!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
So happy to see you back to the place you love so much, and without any hiccups Applause . Thank you, for taking us with you for this annual adventure flower .

Hope you had a good night sleep, after a full day of good workout to overcome jet-lag. I calculated that if your hike was on a constant slope, the angle would be 4 degrees all the way Shocked .

Glad to have you "on board"!
What can I say, my night was quite short - jetlag.
You are really good with numbers. I didn`t even think about doing the math.

yitian wrote:
Ha Wan looks interesting on wiki. 5-6 hours going and back is a LOT. Guess you'll enjoy it better with all these effort to get there. Have a good time and we will see you only when you're feeling not too tired and have spare time Very Happy .

Hoi Ha looks interesting but ... maybe later more.
Yuka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heike,

So nice to see you here.
Please enjoy your trip!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuka wrote:
Hello Heike,

So nice to see you here.
Please enjoy your trip!

Dear Yuka! So nice to see you here too! I hope you are fine!
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... as for today, it took me around 2h15 mins to get to Hoi Ha, that is ok.
As for Hoi Ha itself, there is not much to see which probably has its reasons. There are enough stupid people who just take what they see.
But the sights were nice.

Hoi Ha beach

Info board

Some Lime Kiln

And I guess this must have become one of these wonderful butterflies. Which didn`t listen to me to sit still long enough so I can take a photo Laughing

Feral cows are everywhere in the countryparks.

Breakfast/lunch, call it as you like
Shrimp dumplings love

View from Sai Kung wet market

Veggies and a few lemons

It was a teeny tiny bit hot today Cool Screenshot from my mobile.

In the bus on my way back. On the right side you can see famous Lion Rock.

Oh and dessert, well you can have dessert any time. After a meal, before a meal, with no connection to a meal, ... Dancing
Almond soup with egg white at Honeymoon Dessert - yummy.

In the evening I joined a run held by Adidas Runners HK. I can always learn something from the coaches and the people are very nice. There is always someone around me to translate. This time we ran in Kowloon Park. I never figured out one can run there but one can, damn these slopes. I still have sore muscles from yesterdays hike and the humidity, these slopes and the pace today nearly killed me. I`m pretty out of shape due to injury and flu and I haven`t been running fast and long this year. But I had to tonight. rambo But what did my former boss alway say "what doesn`t kill you makes you stronger".

On my way back on the Star Ferry.

yitian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for showing us all these beautiful pix, despite the fact that it took you so many hours to get to Hoi Ha and back, plus a difficult run in the evening. I wonder where did you find all these time to post? Hope this is not too much a burden to you Think . Just want you to know that your efforts are highly appreciated salute sunny flower .

The Hoi Ha beech with green colored water looks amazingly tranquilizing, all other pix are so nice to look at too. However the best pic I vote goes to the last one - the color and the scale - in my view is prize worthy love .

Wonder what kind of a butterfly is this caterpillar going to transform into. Right now, I hope you stayed distant enough from it because its sting is really something Shocked .

Hope you’re getting stronger after all these strenuous activities. Enthusiasm/likes makes one’s life easier to reach the goal. Enjoy your stay and interactions with kind friends Smile
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
Thanks for showing us all these beautiful pix, despite the fact that it took you so many hours to get to Hoi Ha and back, plus a difficult run in the evening. I wonder where did you find all these time to post? Hope this is not too much a burden to you Think . Just want you to know that your efforts are highly appreciated salute sunny flower .

It sure is no burden, Yitian! If it really would be too much or I`m too tired, I`ll let you know.

yitian wrote:
The Hoi Ha beech with green colored water looks amazingly tranquilizing, all other pix are so nice to look at too. However the best pic I vote goes to the last one - the color and the scale - in my view is prize worthy love .

Yes I thought I have to show you this. It`s always the same but always oh so beautiful. HK island/central at night does never get boring.

yitian wrote:
what kind of a butterfly is this caterpillar going to transform into. Right now, I hope you stayed distant enough from it because its sting is really something Shocked .

I wonder about the butterfly too. It was difficult at first because it was right in the middle of the path and very hard to spot because it is so small.
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for today, I went to Lamma. Wanted to walk the family trail from Sok Kwu Wan to Yung Shue Wan because from today till tuesday is cantonese opera in Yung Shue Wan. It is the time again for Tin Hau festival. Sunday will be dragon boat races but I have a race in the morning and am quite sure won`t be able to make it. In addition I`ve booked a massage afterwards. I know this will be a toughie.
But first after I got off the ferry: Lunch at Rainbow Seafood Restaurant. Sweet and sour pork - with a nice view.

Some decorations and offerings for Tin Hau festival, I guess. If someone knows about the meaning of this, I`m eager to know!

That thing was huge

HK island in the background

Wildlife along the way. It looks huge right? Had about "only" 5 cm in diameter. And "only" because I know them bigger, much bigger as big as my hand including fingers. It is called "giant wood spider" or "giant orb weaver". Their nets are huge.

The Lamma quarry. They are planning to build some housing estates in this area. I`m not sure how far the planning is and if they really put it through but I don`t like it.

Rose myrtle, so so beautiful.

Last year or the year before there was a hill fire caused by Ching Ming celebrations but slowly nature is coming back.

I HAD to stop for tofu pudding, sooo yummy!

The bamboo tent. No opera in the afternoon today.

Dragon boat waiting for action

Yung Shue Wan. That cloud does something to that pic, right? Makes it exciting somehow.

Decoration for Tin Hau festival/dragon boat races at Yung Shue Wan ferry pier

And dinner, this time take away. Pork and leek dumplings from Ho Hak Shandong (right around the corner) - they are soo good.

And tonight I got my Adidas Runners (AR) HK shirt. When you join 5 Adidas Runners running events within a certain time period, you become a "Adidas Runner". Well there are AR groups in Germany but the nearest is Munich and that`s 1 hour by car, so way too far away just for training. Long story short, I reached AR level last time I visited HK but they didn`t have my t-shirt size and I`m really not the slim asian type, so one of the captains gave it to me today with some other goodies. I told her I feel like my birthday and she just smiled.

Such a happy and very, very relaxing and soothing day is coming to an end and I`m very grateful to have been able to experience it. Maybe you guys find something relaxing and soothing in my pix too? Enjoy!
yitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tin Hau Festival really looks special, with all these colorful decorations all over the places. It is definitely fun to be part of it Razz .

Dragon boat race would be much more special with our very athletic captain/skipper in it Wink Laughing . Too bad he operates another kind of dragon boat. But who knows, he might be even better at doing this Very Happy .

I admire you athletic people, strong and determined. Enjoy your runs (except when you have to miss some good Cantonese opera and the dragon boat race). Hopefully you can catch up with some other shows. Also hope your running day would be cooler and dry Pray . Your fashionable black running shirt would make hot weather even worse. BTW, I am surprised to learn they didn’t have size M last year. This is quite a standard size. In US, one often sees size XXXL. This looks like a tent Laughing .

About naturally occurring critters, I’ve never seen such a colorful big spider from underneath. It must be very toxic Shocked . Thanks for showing this with your ever so exceptional skill in using the camera. Guess you’re very careful, plus casting a “freeze” spell when approaching dangerous looking things Think .

Thanks for bringing relaxation with all these beautiful pix, introductions and stories Giving a kiss . Guess what, I read your session while having lunch (pasta). Your delicious food made me ate an extra portion Laughing .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yitian wrote:
The Tin Hau Festival really looks special, with all these colorful decorations all over the places. It is definitely fun to be part of it Razz .

It really is. I went back to Lamma this afternoon to listen to some opera, just for about 30 mins. There also have been some lion/dragon/unicorn dances but I was too late. I could hear the music but there was not much to see anymore.

yitian wrote:
boat race would be much more special with our very athletic captain/skipper in it Wink Laughing . Too bad he operates another kind of dragon boat. But who knows, he might be even better at doing this Very Happy .

Yeah, this special guy operates a different dragon boat class.

yitian wrote:
I admire you athletic people, strong and determined. Enjoy your runs ... Pray . Your fashionable black running shirt would make hot weather even worse. BTW, I am surprised to learn they didn’t have size M last year. This is quite a standard size. In US, one often sees size XXXL. This looks like a tent Laughing .

This, I think, is a question of determination and quite a bit of crazyness Laughing
As for the t-shirt size. I usually wear women`s Large but they didn`t have it, only men`s Medium wich is about the same size. Actually, the adidas climacool fabric is very nice to wear in hot weather, also in black. Moreover has it mesh parts in the back, which prevents overheating - it`s adidas, of course. I love this brand and it`s shoes and shirts, ... well almost everything. love

yitian wrote:
About naturally occurring critters, I’ve never seen such a colorful big spider from underneath. It must be very toxic Shocked . Thanks for showing this with your ever so exceptional skill in using the camera. Guess you’re very careful, plus casting a “freeze” spell when approaching dangerous looking things Think .

As much as I`ve learned, it is not toxic. Also no freezing spell, just soft slow steps, open eyes, having an idea where and how to look and a lot wishful thinking and hoping to have something to share with you guys.

yitian wrote:
Thanks for bringing relaxation with all these beautiful pix, introductions and stories Giving a kiss . Guess what, I read your session while having lunch (pasta). Your delicious food made me ate an extra portion Laughing .

Glad you like it! Hey! Don`t blame me for the extra portion pasta! blackeye
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I went to Science Park to ease my excitement a bit about tomorrow. Dizzy I`m quite nervous, because as mentioned I`m pretty out of shape and ran only once 10k this year outside. After that my clients teased me "old woman do you need help?" I had such sore muscles, like I haven`t had before for a long time. Tomorrow will be mostly a mental thing, pacing myself not to run too fast, at a steady pace, hopefully without walking breaks and finally get that medal at the finish line that I want so bad. rambo rambo
But on my way to Science Park, I took the MTR, luckily got a seat. Then a family of mainland chinese came in, loudly speaking to each other and then the woman hit me with her back pack while she sat down (no reaction from her) and then pushed/squeezed me off my seat with her back pack!? Shocked I mean WTF?!

Anyway, onto nicer things.

Breakfast. Egg tomato sandwich and milk tea

Nice decorated ship at YSW ferry pier.

I missed something

Bought this from a woman near the opera bamboo tent. Sticky rice. Filling is with nuts. Slightly sweet. Yummy. Took 2 bites and went back for seconds. Laughing

Quite sure this dragon boat will be in the races tomorrow.

On my way back to central rain is about to come

In the evening: Dinner with Agnes and Swan. They took me to a vegetarian restaurant.

On the right is eggplant and tofu. On the left is ... I forgot but it was delicious!

This is vegetarian Lemon Chicken. Not much sauce but otherwise nice.

Pumpkin soup

Dessert at McDonalds. On my account because the McDonalds in HK often has different icecream then in Germany.
This is sea salt ice cream. It tastes better then it sounds, believe you me.

Sooo, excitement is rising regarding tomorrow. Hope I will be able to sleep soon. Maybe a Tsingtao will help.
Nighty night!
yitian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear your encounter to some suddenly become richer in pockets while everything else remains empty, full of entitlement people. The world has no shortage with these types evil . Hopefully the remaining of your day, particularly with friends and nice food will make you feel a lot better Very Happy .

Best of luck for a winning race performance Pray Applause salute sunny flower Exclamation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: