TONYLEUNG.INFO
Discuss Tony Leung with fellow fans!

Welcome to the Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
  Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   
Click here to go to Archival Tony Board (2003-2012)

Operation HongKong 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was raceday. Forecast was not runner-friendly - at all.

I`m not sure if I really want to do this. Confused

This was after the race. It started at 9.45am so you can imagine how hot it was.

During the last 2-3k I really had to convince myself to keep on running and NOT to walk a bit, it was really tough today. But then again, I`ve made it.
I`m not sure about the km, my running app as well as my heart rate monitor didn`t show whole 10k. Confused

And my well deserved lunch.
Sweet corn, chicken, rice

Safran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY THANKS, Heike flower
..... for kindly catching up the last few days,
.....and for the effort.... sharing all those beautiful places and amazing creatures with us ...since days ! salute
Mouth-watering meals in company with lovable people...and watching Tony films together !!!! love:
Great ! cheers.....What else /more could one wish !? Very Happy

CONGRATULATION ! So you finished the 10 km once again cheers ( and though the very hard conditions !)

Have a good ....a restful and recovering night Smile
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for posting all these beautiful pics of nature and delicious dishes, with detailed introductions Drool love . It must took you a lot of time to do so... hope you didn't sacrifice too much, to make we hungry fans very happy Embarassed .

The Razor clams look so delicious, I have a distant memory of their taste Drool .

You're so lucky, to be in HK and able to participate both Jettone 25 and Andrew Lau Special screening. I've never watched CoP on big screen Crying or Very sad . The best viewing experience for me was sitting 3 feet in front of my big TV while a Blu-Ray disc was spinning Very Happy love . Hope you weren't too tired on Sunday night so you can watch IA3 Very Happy .

This comes with my BIG congrats to another speedy run to the finish line of the race. Well done, tough girl Exclamation thumbleft Applause
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
Great ! cheers.....What else /more could one wish !? Very Happy

I know being here and experiencing all this, I should shut up but actually the weather could be a bit better. I guess I`ve mentioned it before, this is weather wise the worst stay ever and I had once a T8. That was back in the days when I`ve stayed on Lamma. T8 means no public transport, as for Lamma no ferries. That T8-day I went to the beach and watched the waves. Wink
It`s been cold since I`m here, since 3 weeks there have been maybe 2-3 days when I vould wear shortsleeves. Mostly I`m wearing trousers and a windbreaker, sometimes a longsleeved shirt and a windbreaker. But HK is so full of opportunities, you find things to do or to go to for any kind of weather.

I`m glad you like my photos.

Yes it was quite an experience to see those older movies on the big screen. And what can I say, dinner and movies in this company it`s priceless.

From yesterday some impressions from the tram on my way to the cinema.

Dinner.
My beloved lemon chicken and tomato rice and rice with shrimps.

And inside the cinema which is actually a stage for cantonese/beijing opera.

In Love
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for today, I`ve met a dear friend for lunch.
Dim Sun at King`s Dumplings in Wan Chai.

Then I did what I wanted to do last saturday, I went to Sha Tin to visit the Temple of tenthousand Buddhas. Now I`ve been here many times but I´ve never seen any monkeys.

On my way up those many steps I`ve seen a dragonfly. I couldn`t decide which pic is better, so I`ll let you have both.
Wait, I`ve seen many, many dragon flies, this one was patient enough to wait till I`ve made some photos.

Up at the temple area.

Somehow this guy is related to the year of my birth.

And he attracts me each time I`m up there. He has something, hasn`t he?

Later I had french toast. I`m quite sure it was the diet kind. Laughing

And dinner at 5 dragon. Noodles with green onions, ginger and oyster sauce.

Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again ! Most impressive pics of wonderful places, animals and dishes, Heike Very Happy
(..although the weather could really be nicer for your explorations Confused ...Bad luck at the 18th visit !? )
Anyhow ! It is as it is....and you made the best out of it thumbright
I'll keep my fingers crossed for clear and sunny days...till the end of your
holidays sunny
Apropos: I think I will miss your daily postings and beautiful HK-fotos Crying or Very sad
... this pleasant "Soul-food" ....for remembering...and daydreaming.... love:

GOOD NIGHT ! ... from Austria
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the beautiful pix of HK, in stationary and in motion Wink , and always the mouth watering food Drool .
So I guess these monkeys are wild rather than zoo kept ones. I like both front and back shot of dragon fly pics - each has its own charm Very Happy . I still remember you once posted the most beautiful red dragon fly, on the tip of a lotus flower few years back love .
Good luck with weather and everything else for the remaining days of your stay in HK this time, and in future sunny .
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m glad you two like those impressions from all those wonderful places. I only hope I don`t write too much word-salad.

Safran wrote:
Apropos: I think I will miss your daily postings and beautiful HK-fotos Crying or Very sad ... this pleasant "Soul-food" ....for remembering...and daydreaming.... love:

Oh Helga, I miss it already. Two full days left. Crying or Very sad

yitian wrote:
So I guess these monkeys are wild rather than zoo kept ones. I like both front and back shot of dragon fly pics - each has its own charm Very Happy . I still remember you once posted the most beautiful red dragon fly, on the tip of a lotus flower few years back love .

Yes, those monkey are "wild" ones. Up at the temple are many warning signs to be aware of them as they attack.
I couldn`t decide which pic of the dragon fly to post, I felt the same you do, each pic has something nice about it.
Oh I remember that red beauty too.

At first I wanted today hike up Lantau Peak, but somehow the weather wasn`t convincing. So I went to Plover Cove Reservoir instead. This is a water reservoir and a very famous hiking trail near Tai Po.

On your left the reservoir, on your right the sea.

Further inside, actually already part of the Plover Cove Country Park hike. I walked inside the country park for about one hour, then I headed back. If I want to do this whole hike I have to start early. A hike which is also on my list.
Ahem ... Tina one day ... yes ... ? angel

A bit further ... I think this already should be Sai Kung Country Park.
I love the black waves and the clouds. It was very windy today, according to the observatory 40km/h. Which made the already cool air feel even more cold.

On my way back to Tai Po I wanted to visit a Gwun Yam temple, which I`ve seen on my runs towards Tai Po and which is pretty impressive because you can see her already from Science Park and on which I`ve focused on when I needed a boost during my races. A tall white statue which seems to be really beautiful from far away.
Now hopping out of the bus in the middle of nowhere and into the wild. I didn`t expect anyone to speak any english, well except the usual "thank you". And so it was. Long story short I met nice people who kindly let me speak my bad cantonese and explained the way to that temple in a very understanding cantonese. But of course they told me a path the locals would use. It was obviously an old village path which took me through their cemetery. Shocked I have no problems with such places, but it was a bit of a strange feeling. So finally the path through that cemetary ended and I was right in front of that temple. Full of excitement approaching the main gate where a grim looking security guard looking at me. I asked her friendly "may I go in?" and she replied not so friendly "no, book first" Keeping my friendly poker face I thought WHAT? booking in advance to visit a temple? That`s a first! So I went back down the hill with unfinished business. There is no booking time availalbe as long I`m here, maybe next time.
http://www.tszshan.org/home/new/en/visit.php

Back in Central, I thought since it was not so misty now, I`ll give it a try and maybe get some nice evening/night shots from above, but the fog was already back.

I didn`t stay very long up there, because the wind made it terrible.

After that I took the ding-ding for a night ride.

I feel really cold today, had to take a looong hot shower and I absolutely don`t want to risk to get ill since I have to work on monday, so tomorrow I will got to Heritage Museum to Sha Tin and avoid the cold wind. No idea if there is anything worth posting.

Waving
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, as always, for sharing your beautiful pix and stories of HK with us. No word-salad at all...... Sorry to hear the failed visit to the temple Sad . I'm sure you'll be back soon, knowing your way around and with a reservation to visit Very Happy .
Stay warm and have safe flight home Waving sunny .
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear busy reporting Heike flower
Yitian is taking the words right out of my mouth Smile
Next year...same time (but better weather conditions ) you'll surely manage
to visit that temple Very Happy
I see you are able to ask for the way in Cantonese ....my complements ! thumbright I admire !
BTW: Among all that beautiful pics, the yellow one is special. You created a spooky/mysteriously atmosphere batman

Take care ! ....and enjoy your last explorations ! Waving
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safran wrote:
BTW: Among all that beautiful pics, the yellow one is special. You created a spooky/mysteriously atmosphere batman

Umm, what 'yellow pic' are you referring to Helga? Confused
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The illuminated way ....returning from The Peak (I guess)
It looks mainly black/yellow to me (on my mobile). O.k....and the little green of the plants...I have to confess when watching twice Wink
Anyhow ! ...I like Smile

Have another nice evening... and another delishes dinner, Heike Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahhh, I wasn`t sure if you are referring to that pic or the one in the woods with the filter on page 2. Yes, it`s the peak. I guess the fog which got up there at that time makes it much more spooky. No filter, btw! The camera on my new mobile has no filters!? Surprised

Today I went to Heritage Museum. I went there the non-touristy way - by bus. It`s much more fun but takes much more time.
It seems I`ve caught somthing and that place was toilet wise very convenient. Laughing
At first I walked around the Bruce Lee exhibition. Honestly I never was a big fan of his movies. I like marial arts - a lot but all that screaming is just not my cup of tea. There is no doubt about his abilities as a martial artist - phenomenal!!!! I`ve watched I guess all of his movies together with my ex boyfriend (he`s a biiig fan), but got never really fond of them. I admit, on my way back I went to Pacific Place, the only place in HK where still is a HK Records store (there have been at least 4 of them as far as I remember Crying or Very sad ) and bought "Way of the dragon" since in a video shown in the museum his wife said that`s the movie which comes closest to his personality. Sounds interesting.

Further on my way through the exhibits there was a man sized stone statue which attrcted me instantly.

You`ve guessed right, of course it was Guan Gung, but for me in a unusual posture - sitting.

The plate on the statue said Guandi Confused hmm, I`m not familiar with that name and I can`t read chinese so I asked. The surprised staff said first Guandi (is that his mandarin name? --- Yitian?). My facial expressions must have looked like a question mark. Then she said Guan Yi, that was a name I`m familiar with. Very Happy . She didn`t speak english so I asked in cantonese "why no" and signed with my hands the "weapon". Then she explained in clear understanbale cantonese (thank you dear lady Giving a kiss ) that his left hand indicates studying and the right one fighting. Then she checked if I have understood the two different postures.
Happy day. Very Happy

Dinner, as mentioned before I`ve caught something and congee seemed to the most reasonable food in this situation. Chinese lettuce with fish balls.

yitian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that there are so many statues of Guan Gung in HK. I particularly like this one, a little more gentle even the right fist means fighting (?) ~. Thanks for sharing.

The name of Guan Gung (or Guan Gong as spelled in Mainland) is Guan (last name) Yu (first name). I guess we all saw him in action in the movie "Red Cliff" Wink .

Here is a Wikipedia link introducing Guan Gung.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yu

As it explains, Guan Yu is often reverently called Guan Gong (meaning, Lord Guan) and Guan Di (meaning, Emperor Guan).
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An impressive man/statue this is ....indeed !
Many thanks for the enlightning education to both of you. thumbleft
Dear Heike
Given you probably will be too busy for posting today ( understandingly !)
Enjoy your last day in your loved "Soul-City" with all your senses love:

My CORDIAL THANKS for taking us with you to beautiful places .... sharing amazing impressions / pics - this year again flower
I'm convinced , all of us enjoyed veery much and highly appreciate !!! cheers

Wishing you a safe fight ....and a well returning home Applause Waving
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: