TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

DUKE OF MOUNT DEER AND POLICE CADET -> THE BEST!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Sign Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maylee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: DUKE OF MOUNT DEER AND POLICE CADET -> THE BEST!!!

HELLO THERE!! SINCE I WAS 6 YEARS OLD THAT I WATCH TONY LEUNG'S TVB SERIES AND NOW IM 18 AND OH MY GOD!! I STILL ADMIRE HIM SO MUCH. I FIRST FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM WHEN I WATCHED "POLICE CADET 84". TONY ACTS SO WELL AND LET'S AGREE WITH THAT, HE IS SO CHARMING!! I HAVE MANY TVB SERIES OF HIM AT HOME LIKE "HAP HAK HANG" OR OTHERS POPULAR SERIES, BUT ONE OF THE BEST, IS "THE DUKE OF MOUNT DEER". OH GOSH!! IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS SERIE YET, GO RENT IT SOMEWHERE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FOR REVIEWS OR OTHER STUFFS ABOUT HIM, JUST ASK ME AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER YOU AS WELL AS I CAN. DEFINITELY, TONY LEUNG CHIU-WAI IS THE GREATEST ACTOR I EVER SEEN ON THE SCREEN. EVEN HOLLYWOOD STARS CAN'T BE COMPARED TO HIM, TRUST ME!!
mu99le

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: DUKE OF MOUNT DEER AND POLICE CADET -> THE BEST!!!

maylee wrote:
HELLO THERE!! SINCE I WAS 6 YEARS OLD THAT I WATCH TONY LEUNG'S TVB SERIES AND NOW IM 18 AND OH MY GOD!! I STILL ADMIRE HIM SO MUCH. I FIRST FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM WHEN I WATCHED "POLICE CADET 84". TONY ACTS SO WELL AND LET'S AGREE WITH THAT, HE IS SO CHARMING!! I HAVE MANY TVB SERIES OF HIM AT HOME LIKE "HAP HAK HANG" OR OTHERS POPULAR SERIES, BUT ONE OF THE BEST, IS "THE DUKE OF MOUNT DEER". OH GOSH!! IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS SERIE YET, GO RENT IT SOMEWHERE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FOR REVIEWS OR OTHER STUFFS ABOUT HIM, JUST ASK ME AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER YOU AS WELL AS I CAN. DEFINITELY, TONY LEUNG CHIU-WAI IS THE GREATEST ACTOR I EVER SEEN ON THE SCREEN. EVEN HOLLYWOOD STARS CAN'T BE COMPARED TO HIM, TRUST ME!!

WOW u actually broke my record!!!! LOL! I liked him age 9 but you're more incredible.....tender age of SIX!!!!! What did you think of him at the time????? hehehe......yeah I agree with wat you said, especially Police Cadet, that's the best series!!!! (with exception of part 3)
thai guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Tony Leung and Andy Lau did great job in "The Duke of Mount Deer". I don't like the new version acted by Dicky Cheung. It is not good at all. Regarding "Police Cadet 84", that was the first HK TV series I watched (without kongfu series). The real first HK TV series that I watched was LOCH 83. In The Police Cadet 84, Tony Leung was very young at that time. Maggie Cheung looked very funny with her eye glasses! The Police Cadet 85 was even better as you could see some big actors such as Chow Yun Fat and Simon Yam. Wow!!! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject:

thai guy wrote:
Yes, Tony Leung and Andy Lau did great job in "The Duke of Mount Deer". I don't like the new version acted by Dicky Cheung. It is not good at all. Regarding "Police Cadet 84", that was the first HK TV series I watched (without kongfu series). The real first HK TV series that I watched was LOCH 83. In The Police Cadet 84, Tony Leung was very young at that time. Maggie Cheung looked very funny with her eye glasses! The Police Cadet 85 was even better as you could see some big actors such as Chow Yun Fat and Simon Yam. Wow!! Shocked
lalah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject:

tony leung the best!! ya so right! he totally did a very great job with andy lau in the duke of mount deer.
but i really want to know what happen to andy lau now...!?!
mu99le

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject:

lalah wrote:
but i really want to know what happen to andy lau now...!?!

what do you mean? Andy Lau's everywhere now!
maylee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject:

hi! i want to have more information on police cadet 88.
if you know the story, please write me the rewiew.
thanks!
Thai guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject:

I don't know anything much about "Police Cadet 88". Nevertheless, I heard that the story was not impressive at all, especially when compared with Police Cadet 84 and 85.
Regarding someone asked about Andy Lau, I would say that it is almost impossible to see Andy Lau on TV again. He only seems to make films now. Perhaps, he doesn't have enough time for TV series as, apart from films, he is one of the Four Heavenly King in HK music world. However, I do miss him pairing with Idy Chan in ROCH.
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject:

You guys are so lucky to have seen all these TV series with Tony! I think I was born on the wrong side of the world Crying or Very sad I really want to get these old series on VCD so much, even if I can't understand what they are saying.

Hi to Thai Guy...! Where in the UK are you? I am in the Highlands of Scotland. Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
mu99le

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject:

maylee wrote:
hi! i want to have more information on police cadet 88.
if you know the story, please write me the rewiew.
thanks!

I've seen it and I only have one word for it: SUCKS. evil
caidanbi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Tony Grrl wrote:
You guys are so lucky to have seen all these TV series with Tony! I think I was born on the wrong side of the world Crying or Very sad

You and me both Tony Girl!!! I want to buy these too, but I think I'll have to wait until Christmas, because they it's kind of expensive to buy the whole series at once...
maylee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Thai guy wrote:
I don't know anything much about "Police Cadet 88". Nevertheless, I heard that the story was not impressive at all, especially when compared with Police Cadet 84 and 85.
Regarding someone asked about Andy Lau, I would say that it is almost impossible to see Andy Lau on TV again. He only seems to make films now. Perhaps, he doesn't have enough time for TV series as, apart from films, he is one of the Four Heavenly King in HK music world. However, I do miss him pairing with Idy Chan in ROCH.

hi thai guy!!
i agree with you that LOCH and ROCH of th 80's are two of the best tvb series that i've ever watched! I watched it again and again Smile .
Thai guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: LOCH and ROCH

Hi, Maylee
Apart from LOCH and ROCH in 80s, also don't forget to mention the last part of the trilogy, HSDS, which Tony Leung did a very good job in it. Laughing
I think someone above, I forgot her name, asked me about the place where I am living in United Kingdom. Currently, I am living in Leicester. I guessed some of Tony Leung's TV series can be found in VCD right now. I am not so sure about the "Police Cadet". However, I am so sure that you can easily find HSDS in VCD and maybe "The Duke of Mt.Deer" as well. It should be noted that if someone wants to buy VCD of HSDS, I suggests that you should buy VCD of LOCH and ROCH as well so that you can understand the whole story otherwise you will not be able to understand the history of Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre and you will not know who the girl with the yellow clothes is. She just came out in a few episodes of HSDS.
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Hi Thai Guy that was me Tony Grrl (real name Sheila) who asked where you are writing from. I see from your profile you are another student. Well good luck with the studies!

At 41 I feel like the oldest kid in the playground... Laughing

TLCW Fan UK
maylee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Yea thai guy, HSDS is very good too. Its the first tvb series that i have where I can see Tony looking more serious Very Happy !
But I don't really like Kitty Lai, that's the point that disappointed me a little bit. However, all of Tony's tvb series from the 80's are good.
I agree with you about the fact that if people haven't see LOCH and ROCH yet, it will be quite hard to understand HSDS, because when appears the girl in yellow (who is the daughter of Ying Gor), people could be lost. Well, it is also important to understand what happen to Kwok Jing and Huang Yong ( who have committed suicide) and what is the contribution of Kwok Xing (second daughter of Kwok Jing) to the world.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Sign Guestbook All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: