TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Wong Kar-Wai’s ‘The Grandmasters’ Will Not Be Ready For Cann

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Wong Kar-Wai’s ‘The Grandmasters’ Will Not Be Ready For Cann

That's it. I'm gonna cry!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/wong-kar-wais-the-grandmasters-will-not-be-ready-for-cannes-or-venice/

Wong Kar-Wai’s ‘The Grandmasters’ Will Not Be Ready For Cannes…Or Venice…

By NANCY TARTAGLIONE, International Editor | Monday, 2 April 2012 19:45 UK
Tags: Cannes Film Festival, The Grandmasters, Wong kar-wai

COMMENTS (0)
Every year around this time, speculation as to what films will make the cut for the Cannes Film Festival reaches a fever pitch. Titles roundly tipped as near shoo-ins this year include Walter Salles’ On The Road, David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis, Derek Cianfrance’s The Place Beyond The Pines, Cristian Mungiu’s Beyond The Hills and Michael Haneke’s Amour. Also oft-cited are Ken Loach’s Angel’s Share and possibly Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master, Andrew Dominik’s Killing Them Softly (which would set Brad Pitt up for his umpteenth consecutive red carpet stroll) and possibly even the latest Terrence Malick. However, I can confirm that Wong Kar-Wai’s The Grandmasters will not be ready in time despite longtime hunches to the contrary. Vincent Maraval of Wild Bunch, which is handling the film internationally, tells me not only will it not be ready for Cannes, it won’t be ready for Venice or Toronto either as Wong will still be shooting even during Cannes. Notoriously long in his process, Wong had the festival on tenterhooks a few years back when his 2046 was due to screen in competition, only the film hadn’t arrived by the morning of the screening. It all worked out in the end, but this year it’s a dead cert he’ll keep folks waiting a lot longer. Also not likely to turn up, despite speculation, is James Gray’s latest with Marion Cotillard, Joaquin Phoenix and Jeremy Renner, since it just wrapped shooting last weekend. Either way, all speculation will be put to bed on April 19 when fest general delegate and artistic director Thierry Frémaux reveals the lineup of competition, Un Certain Regard and other official selections in Paris.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Not talking Crying d'oh!
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject:

I was really hoping it'd be done for Toronto this year. Sad
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject:

It's been so long a few more years won't matter heh heh...

Now we know WKW does not care about budget and deadline (film festival)- he must be doing something great.
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Crying or Very sad d'oh! .... for Cannes and Toronto......but "who knows"....I still have some hope for Venice Film Festival (29.8. - 8.9.2012).... Think Wink
Jamaica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Toronto is a month after Venice. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject:

Uuuups Embarassed ......The more hope for Toronto Wink Good luck !
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject:

I'm not holding my breath.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I just want it to be over for Tony...Sad

xxxZeefje
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject:

So does Tony! Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Although really, poor guy. No wonder Chris Doyle walked away. It's one thing for WKW to dedicate his life to his work, but that's asking a lot of others to do so. Wish the creative process would begin to get easier for him, for everyone's sake.)
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: