TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Opening of the Olympic Games in Beijing 8.8.2008

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Opening of the Olympic Games in Beijing 8.8.2008

Dear chinese fellow fans !

- I want to congratulate you all for this amazing opening ceremony - it was a real eyecatcher and feast for the senses - Zhang Yimou is a magician !

- There may be some political differences - but let us shake hands and
hope for peace in the world - SALVE !
Lavinia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

The opening ceremony was beautiful, I agree. Probably the best ever.
D-love

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject:

Sydney's opening was beautiful and brought their nation together. But China kicked A$$!!!! Dizzy OMG!!!! It was Amazing!!!! London and anyother city after them better come with it. Because China served it up!!!! congradulations, I am happy and proud for you. The games and the venues are spectacular to see on TV. I have HD so it's awsome! The only thing that can top the opening will be the closing ceramony. I can't wait. Applause

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I loved the drummers and the "printing blocks" in the opening cermony... But over all, Zhang Yimou out did himself! Even the military men carrying the Chinese flag... amazing! (But of course I have a soft spot for men in uniform... hee hee.)

As far as the Games themselves... I'm a huge fan of swimming and diving and track and field... but it broke my heart to see Cheng Fei fall in the individual vault and floor gymnastics routine... and I welled up when she started to cry. Poor girl... too much pressure.... and now Liu Xiang hurt so he can't run. So sad. I hope the Chinese people don't feel he let them down... people started to leave the stadium... he couldn't help being injured. Sad

But I have to say, that Guo Jing Jing was phenomenal!!! Beautiful girl, beautiful and perfect dives!
The swimming meets with Michael Phelps were very exciting... but of course he'd win all those gold medals with those great big feet... they're like flippers! LOL. Laughing And did you get a load of Matthew Grevers? He was 6'8" with a 6'11" arm span! Yikes! Shocked

Ah! I love the Summer Games!!
What are everyone else's favorite events/moments?

-K

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject:

Hi Pungyo,
I'm not sorry about the athletes who had problems. They showed that they are humans like the rest of us. Maybe they where the ones who gave a real meaning to all this olimpic business: it is all about sports, and real people who love sports. If they can't perform, if they show their suffering, they teach us one big truth: don't cheat to win, don't dope. True athletes push themselves to their limits, so it is in order that sometimes they hurt and break bones. No lies, no cheating. A very olimpic valuable lesson
Bye
Kat
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: