TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony will appear in Ann Lee's new film!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject:

Haha, you are so funny Looney Tune. I wouldn't dare to be near him. Remember how nervous I was when he is around Wink Will be happy if I can catch a glimpse of him from afar.

I think my own excitement has misled you all to think as though I sure have jalan to be an extra in the movie. Haha, my apologies...The truth is I don't. Just hope I can get lucky.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

[/quote]
Hey Purple, if you ada jalan, make sure you get to be Tang Wei's body double.Then maybe ada chance to get close and personal lah... Laughing[/quote]

Wow...I also want!!! Laughing

Gosh I just wish we have the exact dates and location of the shooting. I can't wait!!!
ashley323

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

purple wrote:
Haha, you are so funny Looney Tune. I wouldn't dare to be near him. Remember how nervous I was when he is around Wink Will be happy if I can catch a glimpse of him from afar.

I think my own excitement has misled you all to think as though I sure have jalan to be an extra in the movie. Haha, my apologies...The truth is I don't. Just hope I can get lucky.

Hey you know something, Purple? I think a lot of us would go numb if we are anywhere within 10 feet from our Tony as well! I wouldn't be able to do a better job than you did anyway so don't worry about it Laughing We are all just soooo excited at the thought of it. You have not in any way misled us... no worries!
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

What does "jalan" mean?

And yes coming close to Tony one just freezes out there!
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject:

purple wrote:

Wish you luck then Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

eliza bennet wrote:
What does "jalan" mean?

And yes coming close to Tony one just freezes out there!

"jalan" literal meaning is "road" in Malay. It's also a colloqual meaning for "ways or connection to get something done" in Malaysia. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Hi ashley, thought these two articles might interest you.

Monday July 31, 2006

Ang Lee turns up in Ipoh Old Town

OSCAR-winning director Ang Lee showed up in Ipoh Old Town to scout for locations for the filming of his upcoming spy thriller Lust, Caution, reported Sin Chew Daily.

The daily quoted the Taiwanese director as saying that he and 20 staff members would also go to Penang to look for suitable locations for the movie, which will feature Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Chinese-American popstar Wang Lee Hom and mainland newcomer Tang Wei.

Lust, Caution is based on a short story by Chinese writer Eileen Chang and set in Shanghai during the World War II era.

Hong Kong’s Leung plays an intelligence officer while Wang and Tang play students plotting to assassinate him.

On whether he was happy with what he had found in Ipoh, Lee said: “We will see.”

(Taken from http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/7/31/nation/14999895&sec=nation)

Crouching director, hidden Penang

Penang will be the venue for Ang Lee’s new film Lust, Caution. After visiting a few places, the award-winning director decided to shoot part of his new film there. The flick is a Chinese spy thriller set against the old town of the Pearl of the Orient. Recently, Ang Lee had a meeting with Penang Chief Minister Tan Seri Dr Koh Tzu Koon and it was believed that they were discussing about the shooting locations. Prior to Penang, Ang Lee and his troupe had visited Ipoh for two days. The movie will star Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung, pop star Leehom Wang and Mainland Chinese newcomer Tang Wei. It will be shot in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Filming is expected to start in September in Penang for two weeks.

(Taken from http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/mm/Buzz/BSoWhat/20060803104308/Article/index_html)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks so much Purple for the useful info!! Very Happy Do you think we would have some info later on as to the exact date, time and location(s) for the filming? Coz I will be away on the second and the last week of Sept Confused I really really hope that these dates won't coincide with the filming, otherwise I'll be real devastated!! Crying or Very sad

Ppl...pls pray hard for me!! Hehe Wink
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject:

Girls we expect REPORTS from you!!!!

I hope that you all get to meet Tony and be an extra in this film. This a bit of a selfish wish since I want to share your experience and joy as well - so you must write ok?

Looney Tune thank you so much for the explanation. I can use it to my other Malaysian friend (not a Tony fan) and suprise her Smile
ashley323

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

eliza bennet wrote:

I hope that you all get to meet Tony and be an extra in this film. This a bit of a selfish wish since I want to share your experience and joy as well - so you must write ok?

I hope so too!! And sure we will! So would appreciate any and every piece of juicy info Smile Unfortunately I do not have friends working in the entertainment industry.

No worries, Eliza...not a selfish wish at all Wink hehe
purple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject:

eliza bennet wrote:

Like I mentioned earlier, of course I will write! Problem is...there is nothing to write about right now. Laughing So don't think that if there is no post means that I am keeping the juicy news all to myself. Just no updates. I have no idea the exact date of Tony/Ang Lee will come to Penang/Ipoh. No idea if they want extras. If they are sourcing the extras quietly via agency, therefore no hope for us. I wish I know.

Anyway, for the sake of musing, here is my wishful thinking...(DISCLAIMER: Absolutely no truth in what you are about to read, just from my own deduction/imagination Very Happy). I gather that the shooting will be first in Penang and then in Ipoh, in the last two weeks of Sep. It will be major, seeing that Ang Lee went to meet the Chief Minister of Penang. Maybe they are closing down a few roads for the shooting. They will need many extras - Chinese, mostly of student age. They will advertise in The Star newspaper, northern region. Perhaps there will be a scene of university students protesting in the streets...WUAHAHA, ok i think i better stop now. Back to reality...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Some Ipoh roads to close for Ang Lee’s latest shoot

Wednesday August 23, 2006

Some Ipoh roads to close for Ang Lee’s latest shoot

IPOH: Oscar-winning Taiwanese director Ang Lee will film his latest movie Lust, Caution in parts of the city from Sept 1 to 10.

The spy thriller, based on a 26-page short story by famed Chinese writer Eileen Chang, will star Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung, Chinese-American pop star Wang Lee-Hom and mainland newcomer Tang Wei.

The story revolves around a group of patriotic students who plot to assassinate an intelligence chief in the Japan-backed Chinese Government during World War II.

Leung plays the intelligence officer while Wang and Tang portray the students.

To facilitate filming, the city council has announced that parts of Jalan Bandar Timah would be temporarily closed from Sept 3 to 5, as well as parts of Jalan Chung On Siew, from Sept 1 to 8.

On Sept 6, the entire stretch of Jalan Bandar Timah, Jalan Panglima and Jalan Tun Sambanthan will be closed to traffic from 7am to 7pm.

Jalan Chung On Siew, Jalan Chua Cheng Bok, and Jalan Che Wan will be closed from 7pm on Sept 7 to 7am the next day.

Jalan Sultan Yusuf, Jalan Panglima, Jalan Tun Sambathan, Jalan Dato’ Maharajalela and Jalan Pasar will be closed from 7pm on Sept 8 to 7am the next day.

Motorists are advised to take alternative routes.

This will not be the first time an international movie is being filmed in the state. In 1999, 20th Century Fox filmed Anna and the King here, in Tasek Chenderoh and parts of Batu Gajah.

Other movies like Paloh (2002), Embun (2002), Tamil film Kathal Kisu Kisu (Love Gossip), Sepet (2005), Gubra (2005) and historical television series Tun Tan Cheng Lock (2004) were also shot here.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/8/23/nation/15216132&sec=nation
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Ok Malaysian friends - do your best ladies and if you ever get to meet Tony, tell him that we support him from all around the world Smile

I have a friend who lives in Penang (not a Tony fan, I mean she likes him but not like us) and she actually knows the people who own the building in which Ang Lee decided to film some scenes. But the thing is apparently Malaysian cities will be Shanghai in the film and the shooting in Penang will not last more than two days (so far) But my friend said, this type of information is never reliable so keep that in mind!
ashley323

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

eliza bennet wrote:
Ok Malaysian friends - do your best ladies and if you ever get to meet Tony, tell him that we support him from all around the world Smile

I have a friend who lives in Penang (not a Tony fan, I mean she likes him but not like us) and she actually knows the people who own the building in which Ang Lee decided to film some scenes. But the thing is apparently Malaysian cities will be Shanghai in the film and the shooting in Penang will not last more than two days (so far) But my friend said, this type of information is never reliable so keep that in mind!

We definitely will...just hoping that the chance won't slip us by Wink

Btw, what your friend said might be true. Since the shooting in Ipoh sounds like a major one (judging from the newspaper reporting on the road closures)... perhaps then the shooting in Penang won't take that long.

Do keep us posted if your friend has got more information and updates on the shooting in Penang! Hehe thanks dear Very Happy
ach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:

It seems that the location in HK for this film will be Lingnan.
Do anyone know ?
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: