TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony will appear in Ann Lee's new film!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

That's a good one purple - it would be great to see Tony stretch that much.

I think Tony could pull off a character as chilling as Amon Goeth - he certainly laid the foundation for it in The Longest Nite - shudder LOL

On another note - I like Ralph Fiennes too.
summertime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Spy thriller "Lust, Caution" to be shot in Malaysi

Wednesday July 19, 2006

Spy thriller "Lust, Caution" to be shot in Malaysia

HONG KONG (AP) - Taiwanese director Ang Lee has cast Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung, Chinese-American pop star Leehom Wang and mainland Chinese newcomer Tang Wei in his upcoming spy thriller "Lust, Caution,'' his assistant said.

Lee's assistant, David Lee, said filming is expected to start in September and will take place in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Shanghai, adding that it is not clear how long filming will take.

The film marks Lee's return to Chinese-language film after making "The Hulk'' and the gay romance "Brokeback Mountain,'' which won Lee a best director Oscar this year, Lee's assistant, David Lee, told The Associated Press about the director's casting choices.

"We're still scouting locations,'' he said.

"Lust, Caution,'' based on a 26-page short story by famed Chinese writer Eileen Chang, is about a group of patriotic students who plot to assassinate the intelligence chief in the Japanese-backed Chinese government during the World War II era.

Hong Kong's Leung, who won best actor at Cannes for "In the Mood for Love'' in 2000, plays the intelligence official Mr. Yi, while Tang plays the Chinese student Wang Jiazhi, who seduces Yi to pave the way for the assassination.

Singer Wang portrays Kuang Yumin, a student collaborator of Wang Jiazhi's.

Media speculation of Lee's choice for leading lady had been intense because of Zhang Ziyi's rise to stardom after starring in Lee's martial arts hit "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.''

Zhang went on to appear in Hollywood films including "Rush Hour 2'' and "Memoirs of a Geisha.''

Earlier, Chinese media had wrongly tipped another mainland Chinese actress, Liu Yifei, for the lead female role in "Lust, Caution.''

Little is known about Tang.

Reports say the 27-year-old, who graduated from China's Central Academy of Drama, majoring in directing, resembles Taiwanese sex symbol Shu Qi.

She reportedly took part in a beauty pageant and appeared in a TV series and a TV film. Ang Lee's expected September start date for shooting "Lust, Caution'' gives Cannes winner Leung a tight schedule.

This summer, Leung is due to film "Confession of Pain,'' directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak of "Infernal Affairs'' fame.

The movie is about a police officer who seeks revenge for a family tragedy. - AP

Latest from AP-Wire

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/7/19/nation/20060719123053&sec=nation
purple

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Tony vs Amon Goeth

Quote:
I think Tony could pull off a character as chilling as Amon Goeth - he certainly laid the foundation for it in The Longest Nite - shudder LOL

Maybe I have watched Tony in good guys role too much and too long. In the Longest Night, in my biased opinion, he is not even half as chilling, as cool, as strong, as Ralph Fiennes' Amon Goeth. You know, Amon can make you hate and love him at the same time. Maybe the high-necked crisp uniform that did the trick.

Tony in Hard Boiled came close in coolness but too much "emotions" and "background". Perhaps a bit mysterious would be nice. Let the audience guess why he is evil.

Well, I guess I shouldn't expect so much for the movie. The higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment.

Purple
purple

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Tony filming in Malaysia?!

Quote:
Lee's assistant, David Lee, said filming is expected to start in September and will take place in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Shanghai, adding that it is not clear how long filming will take.

Oh boy, oh boy! Now you are getting me excited. Hopefully they are really coming to Malaysia for filming. Shall I say, hopefully Tony will really come to Malaysia for filming.

Purple
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony filming in Malaysia?!

purple wrote:
Quote:

Oh boy, oh boy! Now you are getting me excited. Hopefully they are really coming to Malaysia for filming. Shall I say, hopefully Tony will really come to Malaysia for filming.

Purple

Won't that be great! I hope that he does too. Maybe they'll be filming in Melaka or Penang, or even Ipoh? They have lots of buildings of that era there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Tony will appear in Ann Lee's new film!

梁朝伟主演<色·戒> 讲国语对白成最大挑战
http://ent.tom.com/1306/1362/2006720-202649.html

梁朝伟虽然演技好,但他担任李安执导的新片《色·戒》男主角的最大挑战就是念国语对白。梁朝伟多年来主要拍港产片,对白多为广东话,所以他2002年参演张艺谋执导的《英雄》时,演出的部分均要找人配音。这次梁朝伟出演《色·戒》,导演李安为求真实,拒用配音重配梁朝伟的对白,为此特意安排老师协助指导梁朝伟的国语发音,届时如何将国语讲得地道,成为梁朝伟这次演出的一大挑战。

周润发杨紫琼都出事

周润发和杨紫琼曾因在《卧虎藏龙》中满口不纯正的国语而被网友狠批,李安这次为免重蹈覆辙,必须事前训练演员。此外,说美国腔国语的王力宏也将成为纠正对象。虽然《色·戒》未起用台湾演员担任男女主角,但据李安助理李良山透露,近期会将公布其他角色人选,其中3、4个配角会起用年轻及中年台湾演员。

To tell the truth, I'm afraid of Tony's "Mandalin=putonghua" or classic Shanghai Dialog. I worry about him very much.... Crying or Very sad
TONY,More power to you! Go for it! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shooting will start in November in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Quote:

When is the filming really going to start?

nancix** wrote:
To tell the truth, I'm afraid of Tony's "Mandalin=putonghua" or classic Shanghai Dialog. I worry about him very much....

I really hope they won't dub Tony's voice. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:

Congrats Tony!

And lucky Malaysian fans, I hope that you can visit the set during filming (the way the Korean fans did when filmin Seoul Raiders)

I think Tony can handle any part he chooses to act. This is not blind devotion on my part, I form this opinion judging from the films I saw him in.

Another good example of Tony as a bad guy is Cyclo. In there he is a pimp with high interest in poetry. He is very much a tortured soul and he gives every nuance perfectly.
purple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony filming in Malaysia?!

Looney Tune wrote:
Maybe they'll be filming in Melaka or Penang, or even Ipoh? They have lots of buildings of that era there.

I think they will head to Penang as Ang Lee has been spotted there in April (article below). Be nice if it is in Ipoh, my hometown. But doesn't matter...anywhere in Pennisular Malaysia is great!

Wednesday April 26, 2006

Ang Lee makes secret visit to Penang

OSCAR-winning director Ang Lee made a secret visit to Penang last week, reported China Press.

The Taiwanese-born director of Brokeback Mountain, the first Asian to receive an Academy Award for best director, was spotted having dinner with four friends at The Mansion in Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah.

Lee was described as “very cordial and friendly” by the restaurant’s assistant manager Brian Loh.

“At first, I didn’t realise he was Ang Lee. It was only when one of his friends referred to him as dao yan (director) that I noticed who he was,” Loh said, proudly displaying the autograph he had requested from Lee.

(Taken from: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/4/26/nation/14063109&sec=nation)

Kerilyn wrote:
When is the filming really going to start?

Two reports saying different things...hmmm. My gut feeling says September. The earlier the better. Smile

eliza bennet wrote:
And lucky Malaysian fans, I hope that you can visit the set during filming (the way the Korean fans did when filmin Seoul Raiders)

Hopefully they really will come to Malaysia. Fingers crossed. If they do come and work allows me to take leave, I will not only visit the set but try to become one of the extras. Haha! It would be fantastic to be an extra and be near Tony. Shocked (Ok, I think I should stop fantasizing now). Well, my dad did it for "Indochine" (1992) and "Anna and The King" (1999) when they filmed in Malaysia and he absolutely enjoyed the experience! Wink

Purple
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

Wooohooo purple good for you!

And if you get to be an extra or meet Tony or get any news re:the film, please be so kind to share it with us ok?
purple

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

eliza bennet wrote:

And if you get to be an extra or meet Tony or get any news re:the film, please be so kind to share it with us ok?

Haha! Of course, I will share! But that's if they are coming to Malaysia to shoot. If Tony is coming to Malaysia. If they want extras. If they advertise for extras. If I can get leave from work. If I am selected. If...
But then again, after attending Tony's birthday party, nothing seems that impossible anymore. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Actress of Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution" unveiled

Actress of Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution" unveiled

2006-07-24 19:41:02 Xinhua English

BEIJING, July 25 -- The names of major cast members of Oscar-winning director Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution" were finally released on July 17th after much speculation. The actress is Tang Wei, a new film star in China's mainland.

The mystery was unveiled by Ang Lee through David Magdael & Associates. Tang Wei had just entered into the movie circle, still endowed with an air of simplicity and purity, and happened to have a similar nature with the main character Zhang Jiazhi in a short story by the renowned late female Chinese writer Eileen Chang. Just as quoted by Ang Lee, the reputation is less important, and a pure quality is the key feature.

Ang Lee expressed in a press release article that Tang Wei had already shown her talents in her previous movies and he was convinced that she would be the best actress for the part.

Based on the same-named short story by Eileen Chang, the story of "Lust, Caution" is set in the Japanese occupied Shanghai during the Japanese aggression of the 1940s. The main character, named Wang Jiazhi, is a college student with progressive thoughts and a pure heart. Tang Wei, graduated from Directing Department of China's Central Drama College, has an innocent face and a lively personality. She has acted as a volunteer for the college students'drama festival several times consecutively. Therefore she possessed the most similar background to the main character.

Ang Lee, after winning the Oscar for the best Director for his film "Brokeback Mountain" this year, has begun the preparation work for filming in China's mainland. The selection of actors and actresses of the new movie "Lust, Caution" has lasted for a period of time.

(Source: People's Daily)

http://english.sina.com/life/p/1/2006/0724/84248.html
Info

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Carina teaches Tony putonghua

To help Tony to prepare his role in <Lust, Caution>, Carina would talk to Tony in putonghua at home, but Tony was too shy to speak putonghua with Carina.

劉嘉玲教偉仔普通話

【明報專訊】劉嘉玲到台灣出席新店剪綵活動,提到男友梁朝偉接拍李安電影《色,戒》,正接受老師指導普通話,嘉玲表示為了讓偉仔有多練習普通話機會,她會與對方以普通話交談,但偉仔害羞在她面前不敢講太多。她指偉仔是工作上追求完美的人,怕在她面前表現不好,故不敢多講。問嘉玲是否希望與李安合作﹖她表示對工作不會強求,她的原則是避免與偉仔同台,因為兩人太熟了,演技上交流欠神秘感。
ashley323

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

purple wrote:
eliza bennet wrote:

Haha! Of course, I will share! But that's if they are coming to Malaysia to shoot. If Tony is coming to Malaysia. If they want extras. If they advertise for extras. If I can get leave from work. If I am selected. If...
But then again, after attending Tony's birthday party, nothing seems that impossible anymore. Laughing

Hi Purple,

So you're from Ipoh? And I'm from Penang! Currently working in KL though. If you have news about the exact location and date, pleeeease let me know ok?? It is a bit hard for me to take leave but I will try my best. I really want to see Tony in person!! Smile He's the most gorgeous soul I've ever come across and this is one opportunity I wouldn't want to miss!! I would be most happy if I can try audition for the extras (if my work schedule permits) but would be contented enough if I could just see him Razz If he comes to PG I would be more than glad to be his personal tour guide Wink hehhehhe... and I would like to see him at the airport as well! So pls do keep me updated?? Wink I'd be eternally grateful!

Btw Purple, did you really get to attend Tony's birthday? Where, when and how? Do tell me about it! Sorry I've been outdated for long in this forum, work has been keeping me busy Sad

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed from today onwards!!
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject:

purple wrote:

Hey Purple, if you ada jalan, make sure you get to be Tang Wei's body double.Then maybe ada chance to get close and personal lah... Laughing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: