TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Most Files are back online

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Most Files are back online

Thanks to the help from Rui, I am able to host many media files on MIT right now. Smile Thanks a million!

Updates on Music files.
http://www.tonyleung.org/multimedia/musicfile.shtml

Video Files
http://www.tonyleung.org/multimedia/videoclip.shtml

BTW, if any of you have free webspace to share, please send me an email. The more the better. Smile
mu99le

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the updates Sandy, they are so COOL!!! Also thanks for Rui for making it possible!!!

Sandy, I think I know a website which provide spaces to upload files or s.t like that...yes...it's WWW.FREEDRIVE.COM. i once created an account there to upload heavy work files but I never used it again. If it's still working, I'll let u know.
ruibunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: welcome

u welcome lah! hehe Smile. i hope other ppl can share their free space too, cuz sandy has more goodies to upload! just need some place to put it. i wish there is a site that let ppl upload gigs of stuff so we can upload all tony's movies and stuff.

rui
Chloe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Chloe

Wow!!!!

That's so amazing!! Thanks Sandy, Rui!!

By the way.. MIT stands for...is it wat i'm thinking it stands for...

Laughing
ruibunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chloe

Chloe wrote:
Wow!!!!

That's so amazing!! Thanks Sandy, Rui!!

By the way.. MIT stands for...is it wat i'm thinking it stands for...

Laughing

what did u think MIT stand for? made in taiwan? millionaire in training? hehe, no, MIT is the biggest nerd school in the world lah: Massachusetts Institute of Technology. i guess the only good thing is that we have the best computing facilities. glad i am able to help out Very Happy
chloe.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject:

heh..

that was what i though... Very Happy
mu99le

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject:

mu99le wrote:
thanks for the updates Sandy, they are so COOL!!! Also thanks for Rui for making it possible!!!

Sandy, I think I know a website which provide spaces to upload files or s.t like that...yes...it's WWW.FREEDRIVE.COM. i once created an account there to upload heavy work files but I never used it again. If it's still working, I'll let u know.

Very sorry Sandy, the freedrive.com is apparently not free anymore...and my account has long expired of course. Sad It's changed to xdrive.com and it allows u to have free 15 days trial before charging u for $4.95 a month for 75 MB of space (that's for standard plan). If you wanna look at it, go to this link:

http://www.freedrive.com/tryit/index.jsp

sorry can't be any helpful Sad
mu99le

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject:

btw I also have some recent videos of Tony but they are in big size (8 to 12 MB), may I know how I get to upload it for everyone to see?
Susie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Rui, that is such a generous and creative way to provide more cyberspace for Sandy to share her Tony goodies.

Will that space be eternally available for this site? If it is, cool!
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject:

Thank mu99le. That xDrive thing sounds too good to be true. 75MB for only $5? I look at their service clause. No where stated bandwidth and how much they will charge for that. Has anyone on this board used this xDrive to share large media files? I used a free version of online storage - StreamLoader. But they had a limit on daily downloads.

To Susie - Rui will have her MIT account for another year before she graduates. So the multimedia content will stay around until then. I am still in search of more web space - if you knew or heard of anything, do share.
Susie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject:

Sorry, Sandy, I don't know one for certain. Awhile back, I knew of one that a Takeshi Kaneshiro fan website stored some video files (where I downloaded from). Back then, the storage was free. I haven't looked into that site since then. I will keep my eyes open for file-storage places, but it seems more and more of them are resorting to a pay system.

I'll let you know if I find anything. Well, we have one year at least. Maybe there will be another MIT fan after Rui graduates who will share her web space. Smile
news

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject:

Sandy,

I told you a little while ago that I would ask my friend for you to find another less expensive host for www.tonyleung.org. hehehe...He suggested that why don't you be your own host. The initial set up can ring up to $500.00, but you will you more space. I think it's a bit pricey and I don't think anyone can cough up with that money unless each of us contribute a little bit to the www.tonyleung.org site. Do let me know what you think. Smile
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject:

news wrote:
Sandy,

I told you a little while ago that I would ask my friend for you to find another less expensive host for www.tonyleung.org. hehehe...He suggested that why don't you be your own host. The initial set up can ring up to $500.00, but you will you more space. I think it's a bit pricey and I don't think anyone can cough up with that money unless each of us contribute a little bit to the www.tonyleung.org site. Do let me know what you think. Smile

Thanks News!

I think what your friend implies is a dedicated server that wired from my home. I have thought of that. But there is too much maintenance involved - 24-7 support, DSL line, firewall, and constant server upgrades to avoid hacker attack. It would be too much trouble to deal with. For now, I will stick with shared hosting. I have been shopping around a little bit for the past month. I think I have located a reasonable-priced hosting company, although they are not so well-known in the states. The problem with these hosts is that you get what you paid for. The cheaper they are, the more unstable and problematic they tend to be. I have yet to come to a decision to change my hosting company. However, the domain renewal is coming up soon. There might be a slight interruption involved (finger across things will run smoothly). I will keep all of you updated when the time comes. Thanks.
news

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject:

I have complete trust in you that you have a good judgement in your choosing a new home for this homepage Very Happy Razz so, you do what you have to do to continue maintaining this site at an affordable price. Give us a shout ASAP and anytime if you need any assistant in anything. I'm not techincally savvy, but I'm always more than willing to pitch in money to defray the maintain cost. Very Happy

Have a good day.. and I really mean it "grin" Smile
ady

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject:

Sandy, I have the whole feng sha's album. How am I goin to upload to tonyleung.org??? they are all in my hard disk... Razz
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: