TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

All offline pages are back online again
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: All offline pages are back online again

Sorry it took so long. But everything is back.
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Offline files

screensaver, videoclips, themesongs are taken offline again - due to limited bandwidth. I just got yet another warning from my host. Sorry guys, I hope you all have downloaded and stored these files. If you need help, you can always send me an email.

This bandwidth is a nagging issue that just doesn't go away. I will have to figure out a solution one way or the other.
from news

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: How can I do to help?

I love this site and would love to do anything to assist you with this bandwidth issue. I'm computer illiterate and I don't know much about bandwidth stuff. Would find a new host solve this problem? If money is an issue I would love to donate some money to help this site maintain. I'm aware that fans can donate money via Amazon.com.

Concerned fan,
News
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Thanks news.

Do you have reference on a good hosting company? My current host is getting a bit pricy. There are hidden charges on just about everything. Sigh... That's how some business works. I need to find a stable host that allows a large bandwidth usage along with a reasonable price.

As for donation, if you have extra to spare, you are welcomed to contribute to the funds. This site needs continueous support. However, I am well aware that some of you are in school, or career transition, not everyone is able to donate. Please do whatever makes you the most comfortable. Don't over stretch your budget, but then if you have an extra few bucks to give away, do invest in this site. Thanks!
visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject:

Hey Sandy,

Could you post again the link to donate monies? Or put it somewhere on your home page for easy access?

It would be a shame if this site goes away due to lack of funds or over-extension of your time and money.
mu99le

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject:

Sandy,

I would love to do anything to support this site...it's a great site and though it has not been updated frequently, it has great message board where everybody had been sharing news and opinions about Tony in a language we can all understand. There's no other Tony site like this...if this site has to be closed down, it would be a great loss to me. Unfortunately, I live overseas and my country's currency is currently the one with lowest rate in the world (I hope I said that right), so I don't know if I can be any help in terms of money. But in terms of support, I can help by providing as many news and interesting stuff as I can so it will take the burden out of you as webmaster. For the time being maybe you can concentrate solely only on updating news and articles and forget the multimedia stuff, so the bandwidth will be used more efficiently. That's what andylausounds.com do--it has no multimedia stuff but it has many articles and news are updated everyday, and I guess that's enough for craving fans.

So try to keep it going Sandy, and I will try to help as far as I can.
news

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Check your email

Sandy,

I will ask my friend about a good hosting site. Also, I want to inform you that I just contributed a funding to assist with the expense for this site. Please check your email to insure that the payment has been received. With the current US economy slumps I was forunate to find a decent job not too shortly ago. I enjoy communicating and getting to know a number of Tony's fans via this site and of course I would prevent this site from becoming extinct due to monetary issue.

I don't have a lot of funding to contribute, but a little donation every couple months to this site I have no problem and I'm gladly to assist you with any way that I can! The art of giving and helping other is a great joy that no money can substitute. Cool

May I ask what was your major for your Master degree?

Cheers!
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a lot News.

I checked. The transaction went through alright. That's very kind of you to help out with the site. I really appreciate the outpour support all of you are giving me. Anything helps!

http://www.tonyleung.org/goodies/support.shtml

I keep saying I need to do a little bio on myself. But it's hard to sit down and write about yourself. It's like - what have I ever accomplished in my lifetime. There isn't much to tell! Smile FYI, I am doing a Master in Library and Information Science. My interests are in Films, images, map archives. I am a classic film junkie. I knew someone from our school land jobs in Dreamwork Archive, and Paramount Studios. That would be my dream job as far as I am concerned. Smile
news

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: You're welcome!

You're welcome! It's easy to write a bio about other people, but it's darn difficult task when you have to compose one about yourself this is the very thought that I had when I was writing a bio for my school's newspaper. However, once I started writing and there were stream of thoughts flowed from no where onto the paper. I enjoyed writing it; thus, now I recalling it wasn't that bad.

So, anything you want to share with the members/guests who visit this site I assume we love to read about it. I think it's neat to know about other fans' bio if anyone has the courage to share.

I can take a stab at it first if anyone wants to follow. As I'm writing to you, I'm listening to Ai Shi Zhi Yi Gi Zhi by Tony Leung which is one of the songs that I like and I haven't listened to it for a while. It's great to listen to it again.

News!
caidanbi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: You're welcome!

news wrote:
[color=darkblue]
So, anything you want to share with the members/guests who visit this site I assume we love to read about it. I think it's neat to know about other fans' bio if anyone has the courage to share.
color]

I agree, it is fun to learn about other people, especially if they share the same interests... I don't normally volunteer too much information about myself unless someone else asks for it first though... I never know what I should tell! But I guess I can try... my college major is Chinese language ^_^ haha If anybody wants to know anything else, you will just have to ask me Wink
Susie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I concur with everyone. I wouldn't mind contributing to help defray whatever costs it takes for Sandy to maintain this site. Even if some of the regulars donated $5 each, collectively it helps.

Mu99le, you said: "my country's currency is currently the one with lowest rate in the world (I hope I said that right)" (Sandy, the Topic Review is helpful in referring to the messages!)

You continue to impress me with your English competency. I would say that your phrasing was fine. If you want to be technical though, you could have phrased it this way: "my country's currency has the lowest (foreign) exchange rate in the world". Regardless, your phrase was readable and could be understood.
mu99le

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Susie wrote:
Mu99le, you said: "my country's currency is currently the one with lowest rate in the world (I hope I said that right)" (Sandy, the Topic Review is helpful in referring to the messages!)

You continue to impress me with your English competency. I would say that your phrasing was fine. If you want to be technical though, you could have phrased it this way: "my country's currency has the lowest (foreign) exchange rate in the world". Regardless, your phrase was readable and could be understood.

Thanks a lot, I'm flattered! Smile See, I even learn new things in this forum!
news

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Brief Bio

Here is what I promised to Sandy and to the members here at Tonyleung.org. Sandy expressed that it wasn't easy writing her biography; thus, I volunteered to be the first to shed a little fact about myself. The underlying reason for this short bio is not to provide the members where have I been for the past 25 years or what makes me the way I am today. Its intention is to give members a little more information behind the username called News.

Short Bio

As an individual who have always been fascinated by the witty Chinese movie plots and impressionable TVB series in the 1980s how could any serious TVB watchers like myself not notice Tony Leung Chiu Wai's existence. Tony was one of the top actors and one of the most promoting actors of TVB during the golden days of the 80s; his talents and natural acting skills caught my attention in Duke of Mounting Deer (1984). Some of his biggest TVB series hits were my favorite series: HSDS, Duke of Mounting Deer (1984), Police Cadet series, The Grand Canal, and Yang Saga.

Entertainers who I'm either is admiring or inspiring by his/her gifts are Leung Chiu Wai, Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, Jet Li, Will Smith, Chris Rock, Tom Hank, Celine Dion, Shakira, Faith Hills, Shania Twain, Barbara Yung, and Idy Chan Yuk Lin.

Lastly, the reason that I admire, Tony, versatile natural phenomenal actor because he generally throws himself into the character he plays and brings the character to live that I frequently ponder who and how he really is in real life. I found my answers about two years ago at this site and I have been coming back for more every day to learn and stays abreast with his professional and personal life. His unique personality and enchanting style of acting makes him more captivating and stands out from the rest. Tony is like water and us fans are like an empty dried ocean, which he keeps dripping his water down into the ocean and we will always find the ocean not even half-full yet. We will always interest in his movies, care for his health, and happiness.

Last edited by news on Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 6 times in total
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Hi News,

That's a well written bio. I commend your courage being the first one to put out your biography. It's incredible difficult to summarize what each of us has done in the past twenty years. I share your passion for old tvb series. Barbara Yung will always be an angel in my heart. Very Happy
news

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your compliment. It feels great to complete that bio last night. Old TVB series bring back great memories... Razz
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: