TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: 1905

Sorry, I don't have time to translate...   Just a quick summary. 
http://eiga.com/news/20120910/1/

Tony will will be starring in Kiyoshi Kurosawa's movie ,1905. Also starring Shota 
  Matsuda and Atsuko Maeda. Shooting will start in Nov. and expected to finish in Jan. 2013.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject:

EEEEEEEHHHHHH NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOTAN + TONY together in a movie?? SUGOIIIIIIIII
Just surprised with the addition of Acchan. LOL

Here's a link to a translation in English
nancix**

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: News release from "Prenon H"

Quote:
"I always admire the works of Director Kiyoshi Kurosawa, and am thrilled to have a chance to work with him. I will treasure the experience and enjoy every moment of it."--TONY LEUNG

http://prenomh.com/production/1905/

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Tony Leung, Matsuda Shota, and Maeda Atsuko to star in Kurosawa Kiyoshi¡¦s new movie ¡¥1905¡¬

I like Shota Matsuda and happy to know Tony and him working together.
I've read that Shota is learning Chinese very hard for this movie. Wink

Only thing I know about Atsuko Maeda is that she was the most popular girl in AKB48.

Anyway, I hope Tony is going to enjoy working with them and Director Kurosawa.

I just heard on TV news that this movie is trying to participate Venice IFF next year. Very Happy

Dear Fans in Europe, Tony is likely to visit Europe next year !
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Shota learned Mandarin when he filmed the drama Tsuki no Koibito back in 2010. I kinda saw one episode before I gave up watching. LOL. But I'm really excited to see him act alongside Tony because he's such a versatile actor. He just has a tendency to NG a lot. HAHAHA.

I know Acchan quit AKB48 to concentrate on acting...but...but...she's not at that calibre yet. I'm worried about how she'll do in the role but I hope she'll prove me wrong.

If it shows in Venice then it'll likely come to Toronto too. Smile
michi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Very very happy to know the news!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks everybody.
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Grrrrrrreat news cheers ......plot sounds very exciting Very Happy .....Thank you friends, for keeping us updated flower salute ....( and let´s carefully begin to dream about Venice...next year Laughing )
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject:

sparkles_n15 wrote:
Shota learned Mandarin when he filmed the drama Tsuki no Koibito back in 2010. I kinda saw one episode before I gave up ...

So, probably another movie in mandarin Sad , otherwise it`s great news.
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject:

Tin-Yau wrote:
sparkles_n15 wrote:
Shota learned Mandarin when he filmed the drama Tsuki no Koibito back in 2010. I kinda saw one episode before I gave up ...

It is still not clear about that, but Shota's role supposed to grow up in Hong Kong, so it might be Cantonese. Wink
That would be better for Tony. Very Happy
Tin-Yau

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject:

Eri wrote:
Tin-Yau wrote:
sparkles_n15 wrote:

It is still not clear about that, but Shota's role supposed to grow up in Hong Kong, so it might be Cantonese. Wink
That would be better for Tony. Very Happy

And better for me as well sunny , I don`t really like the sound of mandarin (no offense!). OK, my fingers are crossed! Wink

Last edited by Tin-Yau on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject:

You think they'll make him take a two month crash course in Cantonese? That would be so traumatic!! Maybe they'll let him speak some lines in English instead...he speaks really well. Very Happy
nancix**

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Tony Leung to star in '1905'

www.variety.com/article/VR1118059020.html?cmpid=RSS

HK thesp has first lead role in a Japanese pic

By MARK SCHILLING
TOKYO -- Hong Kong star Tony Leung Chiu-Wai will headline the Kiyoshi Kurosawa period drama "1905."
In this first-ever lead role in a Japanese pic, Leung will co-star with Shota Matsuda and Atsuko Maeda, formerly of the pop group AKB48.

Set in the titular year in Yokohama, the pic features Leung as a Chinese moneylender and Matsuda as Japanese nationalist who end up on the trail of the same five men, all Chinese revolutionaries. Leung want to collect from them, Matsuda to get them out of the country. Meanwhile, Maeda plays a girl who cooks and otherwise cares for Leung's character in Japan.

Kurosawa is best known internationally for his J Horror pics of the 1990s and after, but he also successfully attempted the family drama genre with "Tokyo Sonata," winner of the Cannes Un Certain Regard Special Jury Prize in 2008. His most recently completed project, the five-part TV drama "Penance" that he made for the Wowow entertainment channel, screened at Venice this year in a condensed version.

A long-mediated pic of producer Hiroko Shinohara of Tokyo-based distrib Premom H, "1905" will start shooting in November, with release skedded for the fall of 2013.

Contact the Variety newsroom at news@variety.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject:

sparkles_n15 wrote:
You think they'll make him take a two month crash course in Cantonese? That would be so traumatic!! Maybe they'll let him speak some lines in English instead...he speaks really well. Very Happy

I think it is difficult to speak like a native speaker either it is Mandarin or Cantonese. So Shota needs to learn the pronunciation from a native speaker regardless of which Chinese language he is going to speak. Rolling Eyes

In my opinion, it seems to be more natural to use Cantonese if Tony's role is also from Hong Kong or Canton Area.

The news mentioned that this movie is going to be in 90% Chinese and 10% Japanese, which means most of the casts have to speak some kind of Chinese Language. Perhaps Cantonese is spoken between Tony and Shota..... I hope. Wink
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject:

Mandarin is easier to fake than Cantonese. To this day I still pronounce things wrong in Cantonese and it was my first language. Embarassed

But I'm excited to see the interaction between Tony and Shota.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: