TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Photo of Our Dearest Bride and Bridegroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject:

Mathaba.net

Carina Lau, Tony Leung married in Buddhist ceremony

Posted: 2008/07/22

Long-time celebrity couple Carina Lau ''Liu Jialing'' and Tony Leung ''Liang Chaowei'' were finally married in the Hilmalayan kingdon of Bhutan Monday morning, HK reporters said.

It took Tony, 46, and Carina 42, nearly two decades to get to the altar.

They were married in a Buddhist ceremony taking place in the luxury Uma Paro Hotel, media reported, adding that about 20 lamas were seen leaving the hotel after the wedding.

Their spokesperson reported that the ceremony had taken place in two parts – the first being a traditional Buddhist ceremony that is officially recognized as a marriage in Bhutan. For the second part, Carina showed off her 12-carat Cartier wedding ring, worth over 10 million Hong Kong dollars, as she cut her five-tiered wedding cake with Tony.

Ming Pao Daily News said about 80 guests, including singer Faye Wong (Wang Fei), former actress Brigitte Lin (Lin Qingxia) and singer Kenny Bee (Zhong Zhentao), attended the ceremony.

Celebrities such as Chang Chen (Zhang Zhen), Cecilia Yip (Ye Tong) and Stanley Kwan (Guan Jinpeng) were also present.

Although the couple did everything to maintain privacy for their special day, they were still very understanding of the waiting press and issued official release photographs to share their happy day with the media and all their fans throughout the world.

(Agencies) 

http://mathaba.net/news/?x=599328
Pungyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: I MISSED SO MUCH!!!!

Shocked AAAAAIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!! I've been shuttered away for so long... I'm just finding this out today!!!

I'm sooooo happy to find out!!! cheers Congratulations Tony and Carina.... many, many, many, many-many-many happy years together!!!! Laughing

Whoa! I almost fell backwards out of my chair!!!!

Pungyo Dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:

Hi pungyo

You have been hiding away for too long Laughing
Its happy to have you back Very Happy

The news of his wedding have been in the media for a few months, you must have been very busy to miss this. Wink

I still remember your preaching on marriage ....., you must feel your effort worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject:

Ooooh... I don't wish to mix sad news with such happiness in this thread. So let's just say that I'm baaaack! And boy! What I discovered! Ha Ha Ha!

Thanks for the welcome back!

-K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject:

A big congrats to Tony and Carina. They look so happy. Lovely pictures. Tony looks so handsome (as usual!) Carina is a lucky woman!
summertime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject:

CREDIT: Translated By Edward @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=92158

Source : Oriental Daily,Mingpao,Wenweipo

Tony Leung and Carina Lau's marriage ceremonies and dinner party

Married in Bhutan yesterday

Tony Leung and Carina Lau have known each other for about 20 years,with more than 10 years dating each other. The couples have yesterday became husband and wife in Bhutan yesterday. The couples were being blessed by Lamas with high attainments and being greeted with wishes by more than a hundred guests. The scene is warm and touching.The newly weds have also promised to work hard for a baby,which made many of the guest present cheer and support.

12 carat diamond ring

Tony and Carina have ended more than 10 years of dating and have finally got into the next stage of life yesterday. The wedding ceremony took place in Bhutan's Uma Paro Hotel. It began at about 12 noon and ended at 5 in the afternoon,the ceremonies lasted 5 hours. Carina wore many outfits,which included a pink coloured Gucci evening gown,a traditional chinese dress,and a white tube dressed designed by Vera Wang. Her fingers wore a 12 carat diamond ring which is worth more than 10 million. Carina Lau look very elegant with outfits and jewelleries which worths a total of over 20 million Hong Kong Dollars.

Knelt on the floor to offer tea for their parents

The site of the wedding is mainly in white. The wedding ceremony is in 2 sections. The first section is a Buddhist blessing ceremony,while is being hosted by the 17th Krampa - Trinley Thaye Dorje (High attained Lama from Tibet). The Lamas chanted their prayers for about 2 hours,the process is strict and consecrated. The guests were each given a joss stick,a silk banner,a silk ribbon and a seven coloured string as offerings and tributes for the Lama. Carina wore traditional chinese dress,with jade bangles and knelt infront of the 17th Krampa together with Tony Leung. The both received the 17th Krampa's blessings while kneeling on the floor. After the ceremony,the pair of couples followed the chinese tradition, to kneel infront of their parents and offer tea.

The path of flowers

The second part of the ceremony is western styled.Under the melodious tune of the wedding music,Carina,in a wedding gown and walked down the path that is full of fresh flowers with Tony. Leading the newly weds to walk the flower paths were the daughters of Kenny Bee,Faye Wong and Sheung Shan Sze Na. While walking,they were wished and greeted by hundreds of guests,which included the prince of Bhutan and his wife. The couples and their parents were very touched and teary,but did not cry.

Establish a Fund to help the needy people

Tony and Carina told the guests during the wedding yesterday that they will work hard to get a baby. The guests cheered and supported. The couples have also announced that they hope to set up a Charity Fund,to help the people in needy. After the wedding ceremony ended in the afternoon,there was still a wedding dinner party in the night. It was rumoured that Kenny Bee played the guitar and Faye Wong sang during the happy occasion yesterday.

Kissing each other while cutting the cake

Although the sky rained twice while the wedding ceremony is taking place,the Bhutan people believed that raining during a wedding ceremony is a sign of blessing from the heavens. The rain stopped coincidentally while the newly weds are cutting the wedding cake at the outdoor area. The wedding cake is 5 tiers tall,while cutting the cake,Tony grabbed Carina's waist,looked at her with a sweet smile,and kissed her. The scene is very romantic.

Kenny Bee the last guest to arrive

Kenny Bee from Wynners have flown to Bhutan from Singapore,right after Wynners' concert ended. He was the last guest of the wedding party to arrive to Bhutan. Kenny Bee said "Carina have invited me from a phone call,i have brought a guitar to sing for the newly weds. I have waited long for this day. Seeing Tony saying goodbye to singlehood,i feel very happy for him. I have not married,maybe i will in the next 10 years."

Eric Tsang : Carina Lau is prepared to be a good wife and mother

Eric Tsang whom have introduced Bhutan's prince, Daso Tobgya Dorji to the couples,told the reporters in a phone interview yesterday. "Carina expressed her wishes to have her wedding photos taken in the palace while meeting the prince when he is in Hong Kong. The prince have agreed to the request instantly." Eric also said "Carina have invited a Lama with very high attainments to host the blessing ceremony.Carina is already mentally prepared to be a wife and a mother when she agreed to marry Tony Leung."

Reporters were given wedding cakes and breverages

Many reporters were in Bhutan to record one of the greatest wedding in the entertainment industry yesterday. To get the latest and best photographs of the wedding process,alot of reporters and paparazzis tried every possible ways to get the best camera angle. Bhutan was raining quite often yesterday,the rain was uncertain. The helpless reporters outdoors became cheerful when someone specially went to send them wedding cakes and breverages.

Carina's gifts of return

Carina have also prepared gifts of return to their guests. The gifts which is in the goodie bag included,a pair of chopsticks a photograph of the 17th Krampa autographed personally by himself,and a pouch made of pure silk with precious stones and silver inside. The gifts,prepared by Carina personally shows that she is very thoughtful to in planning.

Nine Dishes being served at the wedding dinner party

For the wedding dinner,Tony specially ordered and freighted the wedding cake from Thailand's Mandrin Oriental Hotel. He have also invited a chef from Thailand to prepare the wedding feast. It was said that both Tony and Carina chose the Italian Cuisine for the wedding dinner party. 9 dishes of food were served,which symbols a ever longlasting marriage. [長長久久]

Italian Cuisine

Although it is an Italian Cuisine dinner,no Italian Spaghettis were served in the dinner party,the dishes were rather plain but elegant. It includes olysters,lobster soup,loubster salad,beef cutlets,tuna fish,mushroom and cheese. The were 2 versions of desserts,one in chocolate flavour,the other,egg flavoured.
karengoh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks summertime,

I like the report, these paparazzi went all out. They even get the dinner menu. Rolling Eyes Surprised Shocked

Anyway thanks to them also for the details.

I think the next step will be stalking for the news of new baby. The price for being public figure Sad Eh? d'oh!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject:

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm soooooo happy for you Mr. and Mrs. Leung!!! All the best to you.

D-love

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject:

here comes one without the bridegroom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tony Leung and Carina Lau have known each other for about 20 years,with more than 10 years dating each other.
....Good Lord! Is that the time already!?Shocked They have been together for yonks so I'm not sure why they bothered to tie the knot, but good luck to them anyway. Laughing

They make a delightful couple. I hope they continue to have a long and satisfying life together. Smile

TLCW Fan UK
karengoh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi Sheila

How are you? You have not been posting for sometime.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:

karengoh wrote:
Hi Sheila

How are you? You have not been posting for sometime.

I'm fine...I've sent you a PM. Don't you think that Carina looks radiantly happy? Do you think she was a bit intoxicated by the thin air...or just over the moon after nabbing Tony at last? Wink

TLCW Fan UK
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: