TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Carina Lau Admits She is Married

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pochacco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Carina Lau Admits She is Married

http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/3086/2006/10/21/164@153276.htm

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Carina_Lau_Admits_She_is_Married-talk318255.html

Carina Lau Admits She is Married
2006-10-21 14:55:37

CRIENGLISH.com

Carina Lau has admitted the first time in an interview that she is married to Tony Leung, but says she still prefers to be called Miss Lau instead of Mrs. Leung.

Lau has lost ten pounds since her father's death, and expressed her gratitude to Tony Leung for supporting her. "Everybody will experience a family member's passing away. I will get used to it and accept it. It just makes you grow up. Life is really fragile, and we have to cherish it and our health."

Carina Lau and Tony Leung have been together for 20 years.

(Carina Lau and Tony Leung, photo: sina.com.cn)

[/img]

Do you think this news is true?

Last edited by pochacco on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I just saw that article as well !
ahching20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I kinda think the news is true, but on the other hand i dont want to believe it. Until i heard both of them admit it
qqshao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I really don't know if they've been married or not. But I don't believe this news. You know, their words are ofen misunderstood.
Info

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

Must say this is not what I understand from the reports from Chinese media. One of them is copied below. Carina only subtly admitted that Tony addressed her father as father-in-law in the card attached to the wreath. She said given Tony and her had a relationship of 20 years, it's normal for Tony to call her father father-in-law as a respect. Reporters asked if they should address her as Mrs Leung, she said it's better to call her Miss Lau. She denied that the two were married and told reporters not to overact.

==================
嘉玲未想做梁太
重申與偉仔無結婚

[明報] 2006年10月21日

【明報專訊】劉嘉玲喪父心情哀痛尚未完全回復,但因早已答應出席前晚Versace設計總監Donatella Versace來港的歡迎會,所以她仍盛裝亮相,她坦言自己還在恢復當中,更體會到商台DJ芝See菇Bi的心情,但自己從未想過做傻事,只嘆一句生命真的好脆弱。嘉玲還否定已與梁朝偉結婚,不過兩人已拍拖接近20年,即使以女婿身分出席她父親的喪禮,也是偉仔對父親的一種尊重稱呼。

劉嘉玲前晚大方地接受傳媒訪問,她坦言父親突離世,令她悲痛得瘦了10磅,到目前心情尚未回復,她說出席晚會並非藉此散心,只是因早已應承出席,故不能甩底。

女婿稱呼純粹尊重劉父

問到梁朝偉在這段時間是否一直陪著她﹖嘉玲謂前陣子偉仔確陪住自己,但現在偉仔已投入工作。問她是否要多謝偉仔一直陪在身邊﹖她稱這段時間要多謝偉仔、朋友及大家關心。對於有報道指偉仔以女婿身分出席劉父喪禮,是否意味著兩人早已秘密結婚﹖嘉玲說﹕「無,這只是偉仔對我父親的一種尊重稱呼,我們兩人已在一起接近20年,有此稱呼都好正常,大家不用大驚小怪。(是否應稱呼你做梁太﹖)咁又唔得喎﹗我還是習慣大家叫我劉小姐。」說到與胡軍一起宣傳電影再惹緋聞﹖嘉玲稱自己未有介意,否則也不會一起拍戲,自己就當作為電影宣傳。

明白芝See菇Bi心情

問到嘉玲可會為面對了父親離開而更堅強﹖她感嘆的表示,這事情每個人都會經歷,不過今次就發生在自己身上,悲痛的心情有待復元,但也令自己長大,她更有留意商台DJ芝See菇Bi憶母成狂自殺事件,更明白對方心情,不過自己從未有想過做傻事,只感嘆生命好脆弱,所以會愛惜自己身體。

偉仔不受質差照片影響

此外,再提到偉仔最近為一家澳門酒店所拍的代言人照片,因為照片效果有欠美感,讓人議論紛紛﹖嘉玲都有留意,認為可能是印刷問題,她也認為效果麻麻,問題非出自偉仔,對方一向專業不會有影響的。
qqshao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

It seems that both of them admitted that Tony addressed Carina's father as father-in-law in the card attached to the wreath. But neither admitted that they were married.
meiyachu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Even if Tony is married

They have been together for a such a long time, what difference does it make if they are officially married or not? The only thing matters should be whether he is happy. Tony is just a human being like any of us, he needs what we all need as well - relationship, family and love.

Best,
Meiyachu
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

just curious off-topic, I never heard a Chinese way to say "Ms." Always only "Miss" or "Mrs." Only for elder women sometimes, but not for younger women "Ms." ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

"Ms" is a neutral stance as female, doesn't indicate whether you are married or single. Hope it helps.

Best,
Meiyachu
karengoh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Well, I agree with Info, qqshao and meiyachu. I don't think the news is true. As I just watched their interviews on TV. Tony was in MACAU doing some promotion and TVB interviewed him and asked about Carina. He still said they are good friend and in fact he don't even know what project Carina is having and so forth. And I can see he give a lots of freedom to Carina no matter they are married or not. I don't think both of them care but they seem to be happy together, that's what we want for them and ESPECIALLY for TONY.

On Carina's interview, she did not admit that they are married as claimed but she admitted that Tony addressed her father as father in law. She said its natural and respectful of Tony to address her father so as their relation had been so long "its 20 years already". She also admitted that both of them do not care and will not be affected by all the rumours and rubbish in the media about them. She claimed that Tony would not be bother by all those gossip.

I can see that the 20 years relationship had prepared and polished them to take all those gossips and "rain wind storm and wave" couldn't destroy their mutual understanding.
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

meiyachu wrote:
"Ms" is a neutral stance as female, doesn't indicate whether you are married or single. Hope it helps.

I meant in Chinese. But it's okay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

Well, if they lived in the US, they'd be considered married after only 7 years... it's called a common law marriage and it's a legal union. They don't do that anywhere else?

Just curious. scratch

-K

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Even if Tony is married

meiyachu wrote:
They have been together for a such a long time, what difference does it make if they are officially married or not? The only thing matters should be whether he is happy. Tony is just a human being like any of us, he needs what we all need as well - relationship, family and love.

Best,
Meiyachu

Exactly! Wink Wink

TLCW Fan UK
Ivy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject:

It doesn't matter whether they get married or not, we all wish they are happy.
That is enough!
Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Ivy wrote:
It doesn't matter whether they get married or not, we all wish they are happy.
That is enough!
Wink

Very true. That's how we all feel and hope for our Tony.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: