TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

I will be on vacation for two months
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: I will be on vacation for two months

Hey fellows,

I will be gone for two months - my big graduation trip. Smile I will be leaving after May 31st. If you need to contact me, try to hold your request, or post on the board. I will drop by Internet Cafe once in a while.

I have my 1st leg of the trip all booked - Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin... I will be heading to central Europe after that (Prague, Budapest, Split...). If anyone of you are in these cities, drop me a note. Maybe we can meet for tea.

Sandy
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Well if you are passing through the Highlands of Scotland...do drop in! I'll put the kettle on. Have a safe trip, Sandy. Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
news

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I will be on vacation for two months

Sandy wrote:
Hey fellows,

I will be gone for two months - my big graduation trip. Smile I will be leaving after May 31st. If you need to contact me, try to hold your request, or post on the board. I will drop by Internet Cafe once in a while.

I have my 1st leg of the trip all booked - Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin... I will be heading to central Europe after that (Prague, Budapest, Split...). If anyone of you are in these cities, drop me a note. Maybe we can meet for tea.

Sandy

Sandy-

Good for you! That was what I wanted to do after I done with my college, but it didn't occur: travel for a month or two.

Are you backpacking? Are you going with friends or sole? I heard that it's excellent to keep a journal even a brief or short one with pictures of places you've been to and people found it very beneficial when it’s time to serve their memories down the road. I have a few friends studied abroad at place such as, at Paris, London, Australia, and Italy for a semester during college and one made a lovely scrapbook of her adventure.

I trust that you will have tons of fun and; hopefully, you’ll have a chance to meet up with the forum’s members to chat over a cup of coffee or tea. Smile
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject:

Writing to you guys from Amsterdam - found free internet access from their public library. Smile So far the weather has been kind of extreme. In Paris, it was on and off showers for days. But it's getting sunnier here in Amsterdam. I am heading to Vondelpark now. Just dropping by...
lemonberry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Sandy,
Enjoy your vacation!!
mu99le

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

hi Sandy, sorry this is a bit late. Congrats for your graduation and enjoy every minute of your vacation!! Very Happy
Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject:

Hi Sandy, hope you are having a great time. Drop us a post too, to let us know how you are enjoying yourself ! Wink
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject:

I am in Berlin at this moment. There are heavy rain pour almost every other day. Right now I am kind of trapped inside of their state library checking emails. If any of you are heading this way in the future, got to check out the Brewer's walking tour. It's a whole day walking tour around Mitte lead by an ex-British Intelligence. It's definitely worth the 10 Euro. I learned so much about Berlin in one day. Hopefully the rain will subside and I can go out and do something soon.
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject:

I have been in Czech Republic for two weeks now, from Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Olomouc. Love this place. It's so beautiful, and things are so cheap here. I did a lot of hikings, and just walking around, enjoying the free summer open air concerts. It's a place I feel like I can stay for a long time. I am heading to Budapest on Monday. I have already heard rave reviews on that city. Hope it will be fun. Cheers!
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Great news, Sandy. Glad you are OK and enjoying yourself Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject:

Thanks, I am doing alright. I just had a nasty insect bite in Pecs after a day hike. I went to visit a doctor here in Zagreb. Now the swelling on my arm has come down, I am heading to Split and Dubrovnik soon. So far, I have visited pharmacy in every country I visited. First was a toothache, then a cold, and now an insect bite. Talk about eventfulness. But, it has been a good trip. Another three weeks to go! Time really flies...
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Sandy wrote:
Thanks, I am doing alright. I just had a nasty insect bite in Pecs after a day hike. I went to visit a doctor here in Zagreb. Now the swelling on my arm has come down, I am heading to Split and Dubrovnik soon. So far, I have visited pharmacy in every country I visited. First was a toothache, then a cold, and now an insect bite. Talk about eventfulness. But, it has been a good trip. Another three weeks to go! Time really flies...

Do take care of yourself. Wow! I haven't even heard of the places you mentioned here. So many places in the world to visit, so little time and $$$....sigh. Have fun and take care! Maybe you should do a tour to the Far East next and pay us all a visit.
Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject:

Sandy wrote:
.... Another three weeks to go! Time really flies...

especially when you are enjoying yourself! Very Happy Well, would you have exchanged all this for a trip to HK ? Wink
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all the replies!

This heat wave seems to stay with me. I have just arrived in Ljubljana, and it is hot! I am staying at this hostel previously was a prison, but now it is tastefully decorated. However, the dorm room is like a zoo. I thought I left heat for good after leaving Dubrovnik, but I guess it is like that everywhere. Europe is definitely over toured regardless where you go. I thought Slovenia is less toured than other places. Wrong again. The small old town is packed with tourists as I strolled through the town center. Well, another two weeks of this and I am heading home. I am will be making my way through Salzburg, Vienna, and Bratislava, then flight back to Paris before heads home. More later.
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:

Taurus wrote:
Well, would you have exchanged all this for a trip to HK ? Wink

I am actually thinking of going to China next year. Yes, I will definitely stop by HK... I want to go to China with my dad, to see where he grew up and all that. This trip makes me realize how important tracing my own family root means to me. So if all things go according to plan, I will be in the far east next year this time, maybe not exactly the summer time. I hope it will be somewhat cooler when I go.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Announcement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: